Game of Thrones Season 7

Gray

FH is my second home
Really enjoyed that first episode, I missed the first few seconds of the beginning though so thought it was weird seeing Walder Frey, thought it was a flashback. Turned out pretty awesome. Arya single handed wiping out an army. Did she forget about her uncle Edmure though?! Plus the rest of the Tulley forces, I suppose they died when Blackfish did?

Sam is playing a dangerous game, I can see him being caught out in the end and maybe thrown out of the order. Where his dad will be waiting....

I do like the direction of The Hound, he has been one of my favorite characters through the seasons, so him seeing into the fire will be something interesting. Good to see Jon come out on top against Sansa though when she called him out. Already trying to undermine him I see.

That Ed Sheeran cameo was fucking weird though, it looked so awkward and out of place I thought for the lot of them, not just Ed.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
@Gray I have to admit, Ed Sheeran looked a bit out of place, but, it was a nice change of pace with the odd, friendly banter.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
@Gray I have to admit, Ed Sheeran looked a bit out of place, but, it was a nice change of pace with the odd, friendly banter.
Given that it was a bunch of fantasy-medieval squaddies in the middle of nowhere doing banter with a young lady I was expecting it to turn a bit rapey. Not because I'm a perv but because I was hoping to see Ed Sheeran get his throat cut.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Given that it was a bunch of fantasy-medieval squaddies in the middle of nowhere doing banter with a young lady I was expecting it to turn a bit rapey. Not because I'm a perv but because I was hoping to see Ed Sheeran get his throat cut.
This precisely.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
My theory

Jon needs the dragon glass, which Danaerys now has. Neither of them have any beef with each other, they join forces to give her the Throne and Jon the glass.

Greyjoy will find Arya in some way and bring her to Cersei. This will end in a battle in King's Landing, resulting in the end of the Lannisters. Arya's fate is unknown.

Bran will varg a pigeon.

Clegane is becoming a god.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The idea that Arya won't destroy anyone that crosses her is laughable. Theory denied.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Fantastic first episode. Very surprised to see Shaun from This is England in there. Will Woody and Combo turn up later?
Combo actor would make a great character minus all the tatoo's

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I can see Danny showing up in Kings landing, and Arya taking her Cersei mask off and asking "what took you so long".

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'm still holding out for a massive end of season jug fest.

I don't care if she's 800 years old. Carice van Houten has a great rack.

( . Y . )

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Epic end to the second episode. Great cinematography. The hour just flies by.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Watched again tonight and remembered the wolf scene.

It reminded how much they gutted the story for the show. The whole wolf/worg sub-plot is missing.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
You can't compare books etc to film/tv. It doesn't work.
It is very rare that a film/tv series will do justice to a book.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Well you can when they bring in a tiny bit of a whole sub plot just to fill a scene, that will ultimately have no impact on the story in the show, but appears dramatic. It's all getting a tad Arya's magical mystery tour, not a single bit of it has added to her character or the story, except her changing her mind in going after Cersi or reuniting with her family and picking the later.

"Oh yeah, that wolf scene from the book, that will get them tweeting" "lets squeeze in a couple of celebs too"

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Don't be that "it's nothing like the book" guy.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm not, but I don't see the point in producing filler scenes just to have some flashy effects or celeb cameos when they have cut so much relevant stuff out that could drive the story forward.

The wolf scene was from book 3 or 4, btw. The show is long past the books.

And I am sure a few bitches will whine about book spoilers, even though they obviously have no intention of reading the books by now but... Ah go on, I will spoiler it.
They could have quite easily accommodated Catelyn Stark not being proper dead in the show if they had trimmed some dross

Talivar

Part of the furniture
The wolf scene to me was to remind Arya she was not part of a pack and this will make her change her mind again and turn back to go after Cersei instead of joining her own pack

gohan

FH is my second home
It was actually a call back to season one when they were tryna get Arya to be a lady and she was saying "that's not me". All the Stark wolves mimic their owners' qualities so Nymeria's independence mimics Arya's hence her saying "that's not you". I also agree the whole scene was pretty pointless though, added nothing.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Episode 3... Another slow but decent episode. It's all going wrong for Danny.

That Olenna Tyrell scene was pretty cool though. Lannisters may have won, but she had the last world.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Really enjoyed that episode.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I don't think GRRM could've this episodes plot happenings in a single book lol.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
"Bran, how I've missed you!"

"You looked pretty when you were raped."

"Laters Bran."

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I still don't get how no fucker decided not to bung at least a few troops on Dragon Island to fuck blondie off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom