TV Game of Thrones Season 4

sayward

Resident Freddy
Hurrah at last I've bought series 3 despite lack of credit card!

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Oddly reading the books just makes me want to see this more, not less. Can't wait!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Yay game of thrones is available \o/

Tom

I am a FH squatter
When the Hound wants a chicken, you'd better get him a fucking chicken.

Poag

m00?
Get to sit down and watch this with the misses tonight :)

I expect many "Whos that?" "Why is she important?"

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I don't like the Dario recast, but the rest was fucking great.
Although there is a change from the books, guess they wanna keep something going a bit longer.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I got to the point that I ignored where they changed from the books and try to enjoy it for what it is. Obviously some things from the books just don't work in film or aren't really necessary for the story.

If they followed the books to the letter then they would end up with 24 episodes (At least) per book.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Is content from the TV show actually different from the TV show, beside minor details, or just less of what's in the books in the show? I'm only at book 2 so far.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its not core story changing, or at least the previous seasons weren't but will wait and see though with this one, as the seasons go by they seem to change more and more. The bit at the end of last season when John Snow crosses the wall is cut extremely short in the show but is quite a defining moment for the character in the book. A fair amount of Arya's story is cut out too which is a bit of a shame because her character development is my favourite from the books. I wont say much if you are still reading it... but the reasoning behind her actions are obviously better explained in the book.

Some bits are cut out entirely, Martin can ramble a bit with the story where not a great deal happens or something happens that has no real bearing on the core story but he will dedicate a couple of chapters to it.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Sounds a lot like it's just a case of the TV shows cutting a shed load from the books then, since y'know, seasons can't be 50 episodes long :p

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Great episode ... I am not going to read the books till they are done so get to enjoy the series as it is :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Well, drat. Virgin Media blocked the website that I used to watch the last few seasons. Guess I'll have to stump up and find a proper paying online service to watch this on. Most annoying for me and the bank manager.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
There are some major changes.
Well, drat. Virgin Media blocked the website that I used to watch the last few seasons. Guess I'll have to stump up and find a proper paying online service to watch this on. Most annoying for me and the bank manager.

Search for the website you used to use with proxy after it in the googles. Ain't hard to find a million and one places to get it.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I don't like the Dario recast (yet). Wasn't a fan of the Thenn's look either, but we will see how they turn out.

My fave bits was Aemon's quote about knowing when people tell the truth, and the Hound talking about naming swords :D

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
The Hound is great. Not crazy about the recast either but She Who Must Be Adored liked this one better.

Peter Vaughan will always be Grouty :D

Nate

FH is my second home
I'm not sure I want to read some replies to this since it's about the books, can we just keep it to the season which this is about?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Kfc posted this

a9dVN4D_460s.jpg

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Watched latest one, which is the first one Ive watched...rather underwhelmed tbh.
None of the characters have any depth, it's like watching a fan movie of something that was a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom