Game Boycott

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Words fail me to describe my day and my dealing with the utter,utter,utter,utter,utter,utter,utter, fucknuts at GAME.

After taking my pre-order and my phone number in case it came in early, I strolled down to the shop to be told they decided to sell it yesterday and sold out all the copies...INCLUDING MY PRE-ORDERED ONE!!!!!!!

At this point I was very nearly arrested, I ripped the page out of that gormless fucknuts ordering book ,scrunched it up and bounced it off his tiny pointless head.

'Sorry mate', was all I got.
'we could order you one'

At this point I became John Cleese in the Parrot sketch

'And what would be the point of that?' I enquired.

'I'd probably have more chance ordering it from Sayers than ordering of you!'

'Why don't you order me the entire Prussian army while you're at it, no fear of that turning up either'

The security guard takes 2 steps nearer, at which point my wit reached new levels.
'No point in you being here mate, they don't actually sell anything in this shop'

'Is there a problem?' he asks the fuckwit.

I butt in 'no problem, this shop is shite as usual'

'You'd better leave mate' he says

And I did, never,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever to return.

Please anyone reading do me a favour, never buy anything from GAME, never even go in the shop.
If you do order a fook load of stuff, wait for them to pack it all then change your mind and walk out.

Just for me :D

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
If i were you I'd go back in tomorrow, and do as you said. Buy a fook load of stuff, then change your mind.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I feel better now. At least someone else got screwed more than me pre-ordering from Amazon, on day of release (today) it's not 1-2 weeks for delivery.

Talk about not ordering enough.. plebs. Glad I'm not actually in a rush for it.

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
Well I went into town at lunchtime to pick up a copy and both GAME stores (there are 2 in Woking, where I work) had sold out. They had been supplied with three copies each. Ho hum.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
I pre ordered from amazon like 2 weeks ago Kami, just today its gone to 1-2weeks oO

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Not all our Game shops have retards in them - like meh :D
Why oh why he didn't sort the pre-orders out first i'll never know. You should write in and complain about the guy so the rest of the decent shops in the chain can laugh at the twat.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
went down there yesterday to store in exeter, they had only got 3 coppies too, made em phone people and they gave me one :D

Arcee

Loyal Freddie
Went to town today to 'find' a copy on TOA. First i tried Game, then Game #2 (old EB bought by Game) then Dixons, then Virgin, staples, blockbuster HMV and finally PC world.

ROFL

non of them had it in stock, and half of them had no idea what the game was.

Nice job GOA, find a new publisher, Wanadoo fucking suck.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Arcee said:
Nice job GOA, find a new publisher, Wanadoo fucking suck.

I agree :( worst release on a game i ever seen, espeically one which will alter a game so massively.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Had a similarly awful day due to game. Yesterday I ordered 3 copies of ToA from the website with guaranteed next day delivery, this morning when it didn't arrive I phone to be tol 'sorry we don't ship orders for more than 2 copies of a title'. I try not to get too angry (like why do you allow an order to be placed then)., then when I enquire if it will arrive tomorrow she informs it will not ship at all. So I panic, manage to track one down at Game in Bristol (Cribbs Causeway) reserve it. At 12.00 I phone Game back to ensure they have cancelled the order and they assure me they will.

Get home at 6 to find e-mail telling me the order HAS been shipped and my card has been charged for 3 copies + £4.50 next day delivery charge and it will be with me on Monday. Irate at phoning for a 3rd time I am informed they can do nothing about it before Monday. As someone who used to spend a small fortune in Game per year, I have decided that today's purchase of ToA will be the very last penny they see from me.

Should say that at least the people I have dealt with in local branches, while not being very well informed were at least competent!

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
Wow that GAME company sounds dodge :/ We have a store called 'Electronics Boutique' It's pretty good I s'pose..they let you take a game home...then return it for a full refund :eek7: Ofc peeps burn games and just take them back...*shrug* Pretty dumb huh.
Unfortunately we don't get any EU DAoC here so I'm always kinda 'the last kid on the block' to get anything new.
Hope you can all happily play TOA soon :)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Pogel said:
Well I went into town at lunchtime to pick up a copy and both GAME stores (there are 2 in Woking, where I work) had sold out. They had been supplied with three copies each. Ho hum.

You can hardly blame them - about 90% of the people who buy games in woking do so for consoles.... go to the GAME that used to be EB (next to the Sports shop, by town square entrance) and you'll find it's pretty much console only, (with whatever pc games EB had lying around when they took over). And then the big one, next to Virgin is about 1/4 pc games, 1/2 consoles, and the rest is used on other fap (DVD's, magazines, hardware).

Job, I'd write a letter of complaint to the manager - you had a copy reserved, and they didn't hold it for you. You spent your valuable time going to the shop to pick up the copy they were holding for you. Use nice words, and they'll give you a nicely written apology, and if you're lucky (and they don't remember that you're thr nutcase), you may get some vouchers too. Worth a go, if only to get their response.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yup, Silver good idea, just was so incensed at their total lack of interest, that I decided to leave before I did something I'd regret.

Only problem is I also threw the little till reciept they gave me at them, but they should have a copy.

Of course it goes beyond the game, the principle has taken over, not helped by the fact they did exactly the same thing to me with SI.
Funny thing is I went straight to HMV and the guy there just crossed his arms and said

'THERE IS NO CAMELOT EXPANSION OUT MATE!!'

So I hassled him to look, and he went

'OH YEAH.....BUT WE AIN'T GOT NONE AND AREN'T GETTIN ANY'

It's like a fookin conspiracy I tell ya.
Is PC gaming really in that much trouble?
As has been mentioned here, Virgin superstore has 1 little shelf of PC games and racks of console stuff.

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
2 Game stores by me on the Wirral by Liverpool - One absolutely clueless, never heard of it - the other all clued up, kept me a copy and sauntered in and bought it.

Tbh it's not the stores themselves but the staff in them - get good staff, you'll get good service - of course, if you pay peanuts you'll get monkeys...

Tractartus

Fledgling Freddie
Yup, its (some of) the staff. I pre-ordered it at a Game in London, the person didn't know about it but checked his list, saw it, printed the receipt-thing, took my number. Sorted...

Today (I cba to try for it yesterday) no phone call at work, went to Game at 4.30pm, bloke behind the counter stared blankly at me when I mentioned my pre-order. Luckily there was one copy left on the shelf. Probably the one I pre-ordered.

Muppets.

stormrider

Fledgling Freddie
SilverHood said:
You can hardly blame them - about 90% of the people who buy games in woking do so for consoles.... go to the GAME that used to be EB (next to the Sports shop, by town square entrance) and you'll find it's pretty much console only, (with whatever pc games EB had lying around when they took over). And then the big one, next to Virgin is about 1/4 pc games, 1/2 consoles, and the rest is used on other fap (DVD's, magazines, hardware).

Job, I'd write a letter of complaint to the manager - you had a copy reserved, and they didn't hold it for you. You spent your valuable time going to the shop to pick up the copy they were holding for you. Use nice words, and they'll give you a nicely written apology, and if you're lucky (and they don't remember that you're thr nutcase), you may get some vouchers too. Worth a go, if only to get their response.

eerie - two people talking about GAME in Woking.

Had my own experiences with both of them and only ever go in there to browse.
I'm not a DAOC player (thread title caught my eye) but I can remember going looking for Everquest:planes of Power and getting blank stares from them on release day. Eventually found a copy in Guildford after spending 40mins trying to park.

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
Game (or Old EB) Woking used to be a flagship store afaik, only cause the Manager was shagging someone very senior and they were an "item". Bored workers are keen for idle gossip everywhere countrywide ^^.

Anyway yes Game pay their staff very very little so your lucky to find some people who know their stuff. Usually they are the people who never get promoted. Either they don't suck up enough or the area manager is shit scared of them cause they could probably do the job more efficiently.

I never buy from Game anyway. I go online to order from the cheapest and fastest. For TOA that was play.com. I wake up, make my coffee and the postie has delivered it. No having to hassle getting into town, to maybe hear that your copy was sold anyway, pay for the petrol and the parking (if you find a space). If your lucky and it wasn't sold you pay a premium for buying your copy in town usually a fiver+.

:m00:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
After I cancelled my Amazon order I went and ordered from play.com - they had 2 copies in the post within half a hour :)

Brealanna

Fledgling Freddie
Mishy said:
Unlikey to happen, Wanadoo own GOA

From what I have heard Wanadoo do not own GOA but are a sister company to it, along with Opentransit, and all 3 are owned by French Telecomm, do we see a trend here?

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
The local GameUK had 2 copies when i got there. I bought them both ahhahahahaha! He said one was preordered by someone, but i paid him a sly 5 to give me it.

:kissit:

lefo

Fledgling Freddie
I always order from www.special-reserve.com.
Never had any problems, they are cheap and deliver fast(in 1-2 work days) and what is most important they sell to every counry.

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
"Wow that GAME company sounds dodge :/ We have a store called 'Electronics Boutique' It's pretty good I s'pose..they let you take a game home...then return it for a full refund Ofc peeps burn games and just take them back...*shrug* Pretty dumb huh."

FYI - Game own EB iirc. There was once game and EB here too, now all the EB shops are Game.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
imo the senior buyers for some of the shops don't want to be left with lots of ToA copies on the shelves. ToA sold well in its first week in the US but hasn't since - the price was halved in mid-Jan less than 3 months after its release and they still arn't selling. Pre-orders though - that's just bad.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I ordered a copy from GAME from there website, it arrived on the Thursday 26th, 1 day before official UK release with no problems whatsoever.

Im not saying GAME is a good store, I went into the actual shop and they did not even have TOA listed for release, but on the online side I have had no problems with there website/delivery service at all and was pleased to get it early even.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Arcee said:
Ok let me refraise that

GOA sort it out, you fucking suck a publishing.

Wanadoo created GOA.
GOA use wanadoo's servers.

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
went in game in galeries bristol, got first copy straight out of delivery box :) went down again today, got last but 1 copy of shelf.... Guy in shop was amazed at how fast they sold, even asked how a game he knew nothing about, that had no advertiseing sold so damn fast :p

ps ml1 ding, thanks to large battlegroup on alb/pyrd who all got together and decided to just do all ml1 encounters. Fishi even bought huge bout to sail to last encounter :) was fun night...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom