Game Boycott

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Job said:
MY PRE-ORDERED ONE!!!!!!!

with or without game card?

game card reserve means they keep it for you specifically while pre-order is just bringing a copy into the store but they cannot hold it if others want to buy

thats what i was told

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I travelled into Manchester city centre yesterday morning, the game thier is one of the oldest in the country and has a premium place in the Arndale Centre. When I walked in and asked about the game I was met with blank expressions, then I quote the names of two customer service people I had recieved email's from at thier head office and straight away they start to try and help. As soon as you mention head office they get thier arses in gear, otherwise you can just forget any kind of customer service. The Manchester store used to have some great staff who had been into gaming since the early 80's but now the place is full of spotty kids who wouldn't know an Amiga from an ArseHole :p Seriously though, it seems all the good staff were either promoted or left that company. It is a damn shame because they used to be the best around by a mile, now they are a lowest common denominator retailer who primarily cater for the unwashed console fanboi who goes into a fit at the sight of a keyboard and mouse.

Littles

Loyal Freddie
Same thing happened to me.

Went into Cardiff store where i had pre ordered a copy of ToA only to find the incompetant bastards had sold it that morning...apparently they are ging to phone me as soon as they get a new one in. HA!

P.S if any of you bought a copy from cardiff stores you owe me a pint for stealing my game :)

Cyfr

Banned
GAME are twats, I won't ever spend money there again. I went to buy COD which was 15, im 16 in May. The bitch said she wouldnt sell it to me OR my friend whos 16 (and looks 18) because it was for me. So I had a nice argument, proved I was 15 but she was stubern as fuck, she dosnt get extra if she sells it me or not so..

Went to the shop across the road and they sold it me np, long live gamestation :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Littles said:
Same thing happened to me.

Went into Cardiff store where i had pre ordered a copy of ToA only to find the incompetant bastards had sold it that morning...apparently they are ging to phone me as soon as they get a new one in. HA!

P.S if any of you bought a copy from cardiff stores you owe me a pint for stealing my game :)

got mine in the smaller store on thursday after much slapping of staff
/hide

Grieff

Fledgling Freddie
Rubbish Job get a clue!

Hi All

My girl-friend pre-ordered my copy through Game's on-line division.

Got a email confirming delivery for Friday the 27th.

It arrived on Thursday the 26th with a £5 Game voucher as they had stated it came with a free month at time of order, which was not true. Thus £5 goodwill voucher that could be used for any Game outlet.

So I am quite satisfied !! :cheers:

Always been a good experience with them ... always exchanged games for either full refunds or vouchers ... something that most other stores give you loads of hassle about.

Job tbh if you acted like that with one of my employees, I would have called the cops and had you formally warned. In most countries other than Britain you would have had serious legal aggro. Grow up ... :flame:

Shit happens, it's what you do about it that measures your character.

Friar Grieff

Spesh

Fledgling Freddie
pre ordered 3 copies in game in swansea, they had a total of 4 delivered (the actual game stores dont do their ordering afaik, its done higher up the chain) and even tho "quite a few people have come in for it" they still kept it for me

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
over heard a conversation in work today

p1 " i bought TOA today i am gonna load it up and see how it looks"

P2 " i didn't think you played DAoC?"

p1 " i don't but i heard some of you guys talking about it so thought i would get it"

no problem to here but this is the best part:

p2 " were you alble to get all 3 parts of it?"

p1 " there are 3 parts?!?"

i wondered of chuckling as i couldn't stand to listen anymore incase i burst out laughing

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yup Legaoniel the store I'm refering to is in Bold street Liverpool.

Tried every other Game in 20 mile radius, all sold out or blank responses.

The only good point is tha they won't be getting my money.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
gunner440 said:
with or without game card?

game card reserve means they keep it for you specifically while pre-order is just bringing a copy into the store but they cannot hold it if others want to buy

thats what i was told
Game card when you pre-order = double points on the card. Whether you have a game card or not pre-ordering it means they will hold a copy for you. To thoes that didn't hold a copy write in to head office and complain.

Cyfr said:
GAME are twats, I won't ever spend money there again. I went to buy COD which was 15, im 16 in May. The bitch said she wouldnt sell it to me OR my friend whos 16 (and looks 18) because it was for me. So I had a nice argument, proved I was 15 but she was stubern as fuck, she dosnt get extra if she sells it me or not so..

Went to the shop across the road and they sold it me np, long live gamestation :)
Calling people bitches because they refused to sell you a game is hardly going to get you far in life, or infact a girlfriend.
How did you prove you were 15? did you have an ID card on you, did your friend produce any ID?
She was doing her job correctly. Call of Duty has a BBFC cert of 15+ which means that she is legally bound to ask you for ID if she's unsure of your age. Whether your 15+ or not is beside the point. If you were not and she sold you the game she would be looking at a fine at the best, prison at the worst if she was caught.

Hardly worth it over a game is it? The only thing buying it from Gamestation without hassle proves that they have a lack of training for their staff about the age laws.

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
well my experience with GAME is completely the opposite, apart from a few vacant looks when i asked for trials of atlantis, the guy said to his colleague "yeah top of new release shelf, go get it!!" and hey presto, on the 26th february at 7pm , i had my copy Of TOA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom