Games Game bargains

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just in case you lot don't know, Steam is having a fairly large sale at the moment. Check it out for yourselves here, todays good bargain looks to be the THQ Complete Pack

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fucksake, I own most of those THQ games, tempted to do it anyway for saints row 2 alone.. grrr!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
It's a fantastic bargain, just bloody annoying that there's no discount if you already own some of the games. As far as I recall you can't even gift the ones you already have.

edit: Chet, don't bother with SR2 - the engine is massively buggy, suffers from terrible frame rate problems when you travel at any decent speed in a car/bike which makes it almost unplayable. Plus, if you must get it it's probably really cheap retail, and the retail version links to steam anyway.

Nate

FH is my second home
Dragon Age Origins looks a good price too it's the newest game on there today for £22.49

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Oh and if you don't have it/haven't tried it - Batman - Arkham Asylum is omgwtfbbq good. Try the demo if you're unsure but it really is surprisingly awesome.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fucksake, I own most of those THQ games, tempted to do it anyway for saints row 2 alone.. grrr!
SR2 is shit on the PC. However anyone who was thinking about Red Faction G is quids in as it's less than the game on its own for the entire pack?!?

mooSe_

FH is my second home
if only I had like £20 to throw around. Sadly money is hard to come by

pez

Can't get enough of FH
You can buy that THQ pack in shops for like £40 quid and half the games, serious bargain. Just wish I didn't already own the CoHs, titan quest and DOW1

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well, blimey o'reilly loook at me - haven't got any of those lot on pc, just SR2 on a console here.... bargain!! :clap::clap::clap:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They did something like this after Christmas last year. So far bought

Dirt £3.75!
Fallen Earth £14.97

Got half the games in the THQ deal but seriously tempted anyway, a shame I can't gift the ones I already own. With the orange box you could send HL2 as a gift so I don't think it's Valves decision.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I would say on consideration that Coh is probably one of the best, if not THE best game I've ever played.

People should buy it just for that :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I was a bit annoyed that I owned half the games, but am tempted because of Red Faction series and Titan Quest and Tales of Valour, but I own the rest so bit undecided.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
One thing i've always wondered about steam(etC) systems.

So, you buy a game and you can download it after as many times as you want. Own it virtually so to speak.

But what if the systems go tits up and the whole steam shoppy thingy gets torn down? Will you just lose all your games? :eek7:

That's the one thing i find better in buying boxes, atleast you have 'em.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
You can back up the game content from Steam, and they've said that they'll probably release updates to the games to allow them to run independent of Steam should it go tits up. They probably will should that happen, but it's an if and so paranoia about it is entirely justified.

Nate

FH is my second home
I agree theres the if, but the same if could be said about owning the box copy. You could loose the box, the disk could break/scratch, etc.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Frankly it's just easier to reinstall shit with Steam

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I have some 50 odd games on steam, no way can I be arsed to store the disks to that many.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Me too, most of them arn't even installed, but I know if I want them I can re-download them.

God, some of them I've never even played ...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Good points on the steam tits up, i dunno, maybe i'm a bit too old school and like the boxes. Usually go for the collectors edition on all games, just because of shiny thingies *hugs his pipboy bobblehead*

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Just downloading Osmos for 2 euro - demo looks interesting and a game for such a small sum is a bargain!

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks a lot for that link!!

That's my xmas present from the missus sorted! :d

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Or an enormous badger could break into your house and steal your shit :eek:

I don't usually keep my shit for very long periods of time, but I guess if I was hoarding it for some reason and a badger took it I would be very annoyed.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
So is Majesty 2 any good? Thats only 6 quid at the moment and the first one was mildly entertaining

nath

Fledgling Freddie
KotOR for £1.74 - bargain, get it naaaaaaaaaoww!

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
KotOR for £1.74 - bargain, get it naaaaaaaaaoww!
Is that serious as I was curious and its the cheapest title so far ;)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I really really like that game, defo worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom