Games Game bargains

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Red Faction didn't seem to work well with my Windows 7, couldn't alt tab and when I tried it wouldn't respond to any key/clicks.

I got the same on vista. I found that if I got stuck in that situation then just use shift+tab to bring up steam overlay, then close steam overlay and it responds to mouse clicks again. I still can't get it to minimise though :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
On or near the release date though? :)

PLightstar

Resident Freddy
Is anyone else getting horrifically slow download speeds on steam atm?

All I seem to get is 1.1MB at the very most, i've opened up ports for Steam and still nothing better than that, but the strange thing is if I d/l more than one game I get speeds of 500 per game which equates to well over 1.1MB, seems very random.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Dude, you should know better than to pay for anything on Steam that isn't over 60% off!

I know, but otherwise I would have had to go outside, and the shops weren't that much cheaper then, and I wanted to play it then!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Is it worth it by the way? How nerdy an RPG is it, the most I can deal with is something that plays like KoTOR or Mass Effect.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Is it worth it by the way? How nerdy an RPG is it, the most I can deal with is something that plays like KoTOR or Mass Effect.

It's similar in levels of 'nerdiness'. Maybe a bit more Baldur's Gate than that but not that much.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its very nerdy, you can even pull your generic high fantasy group members.

Its great!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Bought it last night, would be silly not to :) They have the mini expansions (extra units) for empire total war for a couple of quid too. Tomb raider was cheap too, £5.00 or something afaik.

Getting good deals off steam faster than I can DL them atm!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm going to work my way through Torchlight first. Still love it, absolutely fun mindless entertainment, the perfect holdover until Diablo III. Whilst doing so will get my box to download this so it's ready for a few campaigns as I absolutely loved the original.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
thats the second sale d2d have in the last few months.

i much rather buy my games on d2d then steam as its ALOT cheaper then steam for me.

now all i can hope for is that d2d drops the country restrictions faster to make them available for europe faster :)

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think it tends to vary. Todays D2D sale offer is Borderlands at a third off, which isn't great but they're doing a bundle with the new expansion which makes it £28.50, which isn't bad.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's really a game you should be buying on a console though.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
You shall not argue with the Chet, it's bad for your health.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
star trek online pre order is looking tempting simply because you get a KHAAAAANNNN emote!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom