Games Game bargains

taB

Part of the furniture
Brilliant game, replayed it on my old xbox a couple of months ago.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I purchased L4D2 since I said I would at around £20.

No not all will work on Windows Vista/7, most will but never all.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Borderlands £20.09
Resident Evil 5 £14.99
Spore £14.99

Bloody arseholes, will be spending a lot this year on steam too :/

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Spore? Worth £3.50 at best if you ask me, really uninspiring game.

Bordlands 4 pack is a special offer too - 60 quid if you get 3 other people to buy with you making it 15 quid each, maths fans!

Nate

FH is my second home
It's a shame Spore didn't do so well, seems it was all hype but I thought it was a good idea. Just nothing turned out to be fun in the game.

Kryten

Old Cow.
SR2 is a terrible game on PC, and just looks shoddy too.

Very annoyed as I missed GRiD the day before yesterday for 3 pound summut >:|
If anyone want's to gift it, I'll throw 4 quid in :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Spore? Worth £3.50 at best if you ask me, really uninspiring game.

Bordlands 4 pack is a special offer too - 60 quid if you get 3 other people to buy with you making it 15 quid each, maths fans!

It's a shame Spore didn't do so well, seems it was all hype but I thought it was a good idea. Just nothing turned out to be fun in the game.

Have to say that the truth lies a bit in these posts.

Spore is interesting at first, is a great idea, can entertain you for a while...BUT....get it as cheap as you can because it doesn't interest as long as your regular life sim.

Though after a say, 3 month break, you can easily immerse into it again. Very seasonal and very personal choice of a game.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Spore had that intrusive copy protection which wraps itself around your OS like a snake. Unless this has changed then I would not reccomend touching it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Nothing so far that I would consider a bargain, bar the THQ pack, and I own most of those :(

Borderlands I'd rather get on a console, £20 for it on PC does not seem like a bargain to me. Most of the other games are "meh". Lots of them only have such a high discount percentage because the Steam price was so high in the first place.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Left4Dead @ 6.24 is a bargain. The game is still very very playable.

Oh and the borderlands pack is now a bargin. £60.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Like I said, not a PC game. left4 dead I don't like. So, I stick by my stance, nothing I'd buy yet that I don't already own.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Question on L4D(2), is it a machine resource hog? Is it better on "the box"? Is the PC version inferior to the feel(zonbie games usually work better on consoles)?

Ofcourse i'm assuming the L4D as a party game would work better in co-op then on the PC.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Is the PC version inferior to the feel(zonbie games usually work better on consoles)?

Absolutely not - L4D is very much a PC game, precision aiming is needed frequently and it's absolutely great.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Too late now, it's switched up. Not a very good mix this time, BF2 is cheap but the next one is out sometime soonish.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Ofcourse i'm assuming the L4D as a party game would work better in co-op then on the PC.

It would work as a party game on the Xbox if it had 4player splitscreen. Plus all my mates have the PC version so I didnt have much of a choice cause the game is terrible if you play by yourself, the vs mode is the most fun with 8 (4v4) mates.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ok, one final question set to fully be converted(though i love any zombie game more then i would a JBUD);

Are there extra costs for multiplayer(or other areas), or does the game hold everything you need forever and ever?

Is it fun in small and long sessions? You know, 1 game is enough fun, but 10 games is even MORE fun?

Also, should i just get LFD2 and skip 1?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
Absolutely not - L4D is very much a PC game, precision aiming is needed frequently and it's absolutely great.

Agree with this 100%. L4D was no fun at all on the Xbox IMHO. However, I've hardly played anything else on the PC for months now.

L4D2 is pretty fucking spanking too :D

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Ok, one final question set to fully be converted(though i love any zombie game more then i would a JBUD);

Are there extra costs for multiplayer(or other areas), or does the game hold everything you need forever and ever?

Is it fun in small and long sessions? You know, 1 game is enough fun, but 10 games is even MORE fun?

Also, should i just get LFD2 and skip 1?

no extra costs/monthly fees or any of that crap

it's fun for a long time if you have friends to play with, but I imagine you would get frustrated after a few games if you just play with random noobs on your side all the time

imo just go for l4d2, it's not like there is much storyline you are missing out on by not playing the first game: it's just a standard zombie infection takes over city, small group of survivors are trapped in city, try and get out of city dealeo.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
The original has better levels and feels more gritty tbh. L4D2 still hasn't stolen the originals crown just yet.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Secret of monkey island is up for £1.74 in both origianl format as well as with new graphics; frankly if you have a steam account and don't buy it, you're a mug (yes, you!)! My dad played it, I played it, now my nephew can play the updated game as an early christmas present :D

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Secret of monkey island is up for £1.74 in both origianl format as well as with new graphics; frankly if you have a steam account and don't buy it, you're a mug (yes, you!)! My dad played it, I played it, now my nephew can play the updated game as an early christmas present :D

Done! Another game I never played ;)

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Is anyone else getting horrifically slow download speeds on steam atm?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am a country bumkin so I get horrifically slow download speeds all the time. I imagine the steam servers are getting hammered atm though

Nate

FH is my second home
Red Faction didn't seem to work well with my Windows 7, couldn't alt tab and when I tried it wouldn't respond to any key/clicks.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Maybe wait for another deal on L4D1 if you haven't got it already.

Both L4D games are really social games to be honest, if you've got a bunch of friends still playing the original then it might still be worth it. If you aren't going to play it again and again then wait until it's cheap and have a quick blast through it.

That's just my own opinion anyway.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Maybe wait for another deal on L4D1 if you haven't got it already.

Both L4D games are really social games to be honest, if you've got a bunch of friends still playing the original then it might still be worth it. If you aren't going to play it again and again then wait until it's cheap and have a quick blast through it.

That's just my own opinion anyway.

Agree compeltely with this. Differences between the first and second game aside, I don't believe there are any longer enough players playing the first to be able to play the game properly. The main downside to both of the l4d's has to be rage quitting... leaving the game part way through and even with 1000 active players, I don't believe, with the current lobby system, you will reliably get replacements during each map in any game mode. As such, play if you've got friends who still play it, otherwise, get the second one UNLESS you can get it on offer.

Have to say, the second one is well worth the purchase no matter what, even without an offer (although lets face it, an offer will be back on pretty soon), it's well worth it. Much more then point and click randomly as in some other fps's, more depth, more replay value and compared to other releases, also cheaper. ;)

Done! Another game I never played ;)

Made me smile... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom