Galid Ranger movie.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks to server lag you only need to do a single sidestep and press sidestun at the right time to get it off. That's skills. Now holding down the key like Galid does is just pathetic and shows it well.

randoms are always so 1337. (but what you are saying is complete bollacks it really depends on what your opponent is doing)

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
[CE]Hjendug said:

Touzii sure is a good ranger and a nice guy. But he strafes like hell, so that's the wrong name to put here. You can ask him, I'm sure he won't deny it either.

UriZeN

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Same shit? I really don't see your point, you get at me about a arti that got changed which I have never even done the encounter for let alone used, your probably thinking of Bloodthorn but I don't really care, your clutching at straws for an argument.

And I did not say I can't understand them, I said I pity them, they obviously don't have much faith in their characters if they feel the need to give the opponent out of view errors in order to win, scared you can't win if your enemy can hit you back fairly? And theres alot more then class and RR involved in any fight, trying to trivialise it wont make your excuses for strafing any stronger.

i see a "i blame anything i can't do" policy here. Making your character able of killing a target that its normally impossible to kill has nothing to do with the lack of confidence and it has everything to do with skill!
i win items excluded.... :twak:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
UriZeN said:
i see a "i blame anything i can't do" policy here. Making your character able of killing a target that its normally impossible to kill has nothing to do with the lack of confidence and it has everything to do with skill!
i win items excluded.... :twak:

lol I can strafe quite easily if I want to, its not exactly difficult but I choose not to go down that lame path.

And are you seriously trying to claim it takes skill? Then you really do have confidence issues.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Kagato said:
lol I can strafe quite easily if I want to, its not exactly difficult but I choose not to go down that lame path.

And are you seriously trying to claim it takes skill? Then you really do have confidence issues.

Well if both parties strafe like hell it takes skill to get the right moment to use the sidestyles =)

Or could do it like you, Kagato, and /face nearly all the time, makes it near to impossible to strafe around.

Imho it has nothing to do with confidence in your abilities. When I started to play tank it came like automatically that I tried to strafe around. Why? Cause it feels like some ego shooter and when I just stood there it made me feel stupid, so I started to move around while fighting. I just love to move around and sometimes I do it versus mob aswell ( which is more of a disadvantage :p ).

Kanim

Banned
Kagato said:

to strafe and melee takes more skill than standing there pressing reactionary+anytime style buttons for sure. Someone who can strafe well can pretty much avoid taking damage in melee, is this not a skill or?

UriZeN

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

yes and i can build a car out of coke cans but i dont wanna ruin the car industry.... :eek7:

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
Mazzaca said:
Touzii sure is a good ranger and a nice guy. But he strafes like hell, so that's the wrong name to put here. You can ask him, I'm sure he won't deny it either.

Hmm well mayhabs, i just had some decents fights with him, where he dident really strafe that much, only to get a side posis in, but might be because i strafed my self i dunnno :>

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
If 'adapting' means expoiting mythic's shitty coding and trying to fool myself into believing its skill? Then i'll pick roleplaying any day of the week.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I feel sorry for the people who have so little confidence in their own characters ability to win a fight they still have to resort to exploiting poor game code.

Says the armsman with decent anytimes and a very powerful reactionary.

Play something else (e.g. reaver) and I guarantee you won't feel the same way about this.

Oh and strafing is as "skillful" as anything else in this game. If you don't do it right you will miss many styles and possibly not hit at all (out of view, missed due to strafing).

I usually don't strafe on vampiir, and I can tell you that it's pretty easy to deal with most strafers (back up and continually /face or /stick, if you have them hinder styles or snare poisions work a treat too).

If as a melee char you refuse to adapt and just /stick to a strafer, YOU ARE STUPID.

xorland

Banned
Mirt said:

Play something else (e.g. reaver) and I guarantee you won't feel the same way about this.

Oh and strafing is as "skillful" as anything else in this game. If you don't do it right you will miss many styles and possibly not hit at all (out of view, missed due to strafing).

I usually don't strafe on vampiir, and I can tell you that it's pretty easy to deal with most strafers (back up and continually /face or /stick, if you have them hinder styles or snare poisions work a treat too).

If as a melee char you refuse to adapt and just /stick to a strafer, YOU ARE STUPID.

Armsman is overpowered mates xDDD

Galid

Loyal Freddie
Kanim said:
to strafe and melee takes more skill than standing there pressing reactionary+anytime style buttons for sure. Someone who can strafe well can pretty much avoid taking damage in melee, is this not a skill or?

Amen.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:

Decent anytime styles? I havent seen any, as for my reactionary, yes its powerful, but its also the most difficult style in the game to pull off, and only works against a limited number of classes, a restriction I don't think any other normal style has.

And I have played a number of classes FYI and still don't resort to exploits, there is no skill involved in this game period, your just trying to boost your own ego if you think otherwise.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Kagato said:
Decent anytime styles? I havent seen any, as for my reactionary, yes its powerful, but its also the most difficult style in the game to pull off, and only works against a limited number of classes, a restriction I don't think any other normal style has.

Most difficult style to pull off? You're referring to Defenders Rage now ? I mean the only requirement it has is that your enemy is styling, how can that be hard? Or your parry-chain? Once again not harder or easier then anyone else having an after-parry style.

Defenders Rage is close to anytime in 1vs1 against melee-classes. There's more styles who can only be landed on a limited number of classes, for example Ultimate Recovery from Large Weaponry (enemy parries) or Shatter from Large Weaponry (enemy blocks). I would say those are harder to land then Defenders Rage ;) Also I think shadowblades level 50 Left-Axe (aurora borealis) is when the enemy parries. Im sure if you research it, you will find more of those. Those 3 I know from the top of my head, and they're all limited to their targets and harder to pull off then Defenders Rage.

And I have played a number of classes FYI and still don't resort to exploits, there is no skill involved in this game period, your just trying to boost your own ego if you think otherwise.

Probably depends on how you define skill in a game. However some play their classes better then others, despite having similar gear and similar specs. One might call the better one to be more skilled.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Aliorm said:
hahaha want a medal?! xddddd
No, whats your problem? I get accused of using a pre-nerf arti and im stating I havent used any, now run along.

Puppet said:
Most difficult style to pull off? You're referring to Defenders Rage now ? I mean the only requirement it has is that your enemy is styling, how can that be hard? Or your parry-chain? Once again not harder or easier then anyone else having an after-parry style.

Defenders Rage is close to anytime in 1vs1 against melee-classes. There's more styles who can only be landed on a limited number of classes, for example Ultimate Recovery from Large Weaponry (enemy parries) or Shatter from Large Weaponry (enemy blocks). I would say those are harder to land then Defenders Rage ;) Also I think shadowblades level 50 Left-Axe (aurora borealis) is when the enemy parries. Im sure if you research it, you will find more of those. Those 3 I know from the top of my head, and they're all limited to their targets and harder to pull off then Defenders Rage

And unlike those styles theres fuck all you can do if the enemy decides not to use styles against you to screw up your chain, which is a viable tactic some have used against me, whats more Rage only works against classes that can even access Styles in the first place, and of cause if you parry you back to anytimes again. Trust me if it was that easy to land there'd be a heck of alot more active armsmen about, anbd I think the stats speak for themselves there.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Kagato said:
And unlike those styles theres fuck all you can do if the enemy decides not to use styles against you to screw up your chain, which is a viable tactic some have used against me, whats more Rage only works against classes that can even access Styles in the first place, and of cause if you parry you back to anytimes again. Trust me if it was that easy to land there'd be a heck of alot more active armsmen about, anbd I think the stats speak for themselves there.

Well pushing your melee-enemies to not styling on you is already a frigging huge accomplishment, 100% style-reduction. I mean we see people struggle to get Winged Helmet in their templates, or Phoebus Harp Necklace just for the 75% style-reduction.

Not-styling is just quite silly to expect. The fact Rage is easy or hard to land has obviously nothing to do with the popularity of the armsman-class itself. We all know the problems of the armsmen, they dont have *ANY* role in a typical-RvR-group which someone else can't do better. It has no fluff, no magic, no 'cool tricks' no nothing. Thats your reason why armsmen is not that popular, not because 'Oh jeeez its so hard to land Defenders Rage'.

The styles I named are only available to classes who can Block or Parry - pretty much the same classes who can style ---> melee-classes. Minus rogues. So the styles I listed are actually available for use on a lower amount of classes then your Rage :O

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Im not telling nor expecting enemies to go unstyled against me, im just stating that some people I have fought regular have tried that tactic with varying degrees of success, and its quite frankly not in my best interest to get into to much detail there regardless, it was their experiment, not mine.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Castus said:
Well with the incoming clustering we al look forward to your leet ranger play and ofc video showing galid how to play a Ranger:) btw dont rememeber censi getting same flames and he strafes just asmuch:)

I think cenci is lame strafeing aswell, but he don't claim strafeing = skill tho, or I haven't see him say that at least ;)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"there is no skill involved in this game period, your just trying to boost your own ego if you think otherwise."

You missed my point. Most of this game is about two things, knowledge of what to do in various situations, and time invested interms of RAs, MLs, Template.

Knowing how to deal with class X is simmilar to knowing how to strafe and how to deal with strafers.

Regarding the ego accusations, while I do have a lot of respect for any visible soloers (especially tanks), you come accross as someone with a huge chip on his shoulder. I'm sure you're a decent chap but you should shouldn't throw stones in glass houses...

Galid

Loyal Freddie
thanks for all the nice feedback also ppl =) cya out there. i'll be plying my ns alittle ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom