Galid Ranger movie.

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
xorland said:
You step back, they runthrough you before you can face them. Mythic didn't implement strafing or runthrough they just simply haven't given the people who don't rely on ure opponents not styling to be able to win a defense mechanism agaisnt either strafing or runthrough.

Only useless retards don't disagree with the use of strafing to win fights instead of being able to outmelee your opponents.

Yes, I will call you when this "they runthrough you before you can face them" stuff ever happens to me. Usually it's like you step back, they run towards you - you get a style in, they run through you, you step back while facing them, get another style in etc. I haven't seen a fight where I was not able to hit my enemy at all cause he strafed.

Taxii

One of Freddy's beloved
Nice movie there mate, and such strafing skillZ :m00:, now we just need to see you do that without h4xzorZ :D (j/k)

Anyway, For those of you who whines about the "strafing" .. Could you please cut it ? Its like a part of the game, and it does actually add skills to the game - I'd see a reason to whine if it was window dragging, but thats not the situation, so please give som constructive critisim as said would be appriciated instead of all the BS whine that you people do so well.

I do strafe alot my self on my VW, but its like the way to get your possitionals off, if you want people to stop strafeing around like madmen, then tell mythic to remove all side pos styles etc, then you can have it like you want!

Werrin

Fledgling Freddie
Was too long m8, next time make it shorter cos at the end i falled asleep :<
But gj if it would be shorter then would be a very cool vid. Keep it going, more short vids! Less filerfront! :D

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Mazzaca said:
that strafe discussion has a beard really. if you don't want to be strafed on, you step back. I do that on valewalkers and other strafers, atleast usually. Mythic implented strafing for a reason, and as I see it hasn't been modified much the last updates they think it fits into the game fine, and I think so too. strafe is not instawin.

mythic implemented strafeing to make the way u move around like a FPS game, not in order to strafe and use sidestyles, the only reason it is allow'd is because they can't do anything about it, it's a lave way to avoid getting hit and getting off sidestyles.

the only times I strafe is if I'm solo and fighting 2 or more enemy's with my ranger, but it doesn't make it less lame tho

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Galid said:
Strafe = adding skill 2 the game. everyone can spam a style with followup.

Thanks 2 the ppl who liked it. those who didn't i'm guessing u got killed in it ?

strafing is a skill i enjoy, i play like this like it or not =)

Strafeing is not a skill, it is a abuse of the server-client lag, get a clue :puke:

have u even watched u'r own vid' ? u are strafeing even tho the enemy is freaky stunned, and u cann it skill ?

I call it holding a button down and spamming sidestyle with anytime follow up, yepppppppppppp take looooooooooaaaaddss of skilllll xD

must be nice getting to RR8 strafeing all the way :touch:

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
-Freezingwiz- said:
mythic implemented strafeing to make the way u move around like a FPS game, not in order to strafe and use sidestyles, the only reason it is allow'd is because they can't do anything about it, it's a lave way to avoid getting hit and getting off sidestyles.

the only times I strafe is if I'm solo and fighting 2 or more enemy's with my ranger, but it doesn't make it less lame tho
Well with the incoming clustering we al look forward to your leet ranger play and ofc video showing galid how to play a Ranger:) btw dont rememeber censi getting same flames and he strafes just asmuch:)

Nemo

Fledgling Freddie
If strafing was a skill, then the "stick/face" commands should be removed.

vintervargen

Banned
strafing adds more to a combat; it gets longer.

+ ranger melee is damn boring if you dont strafe ~~

xorland

Banned
Mazzaca said:
Yes, I will call you when this "they runthrough you before you can face them" stuff ever happens to me. Usually it's like you step back, they run towards you - you get a style in, they run through you, you step back while facing them, get another style in etc. I haven't seen a fight where I was not able to hit my enemy at all cause he strafed.

And one day you might actually learn that missing one or two styles against a decent enemy can completely change the outcome of the entire fight, however it won't happen with Galid for obvious reasons. Strafing is lame and anyone who attempts it deserves their useless arse to be battler charged and fucking raped into the next century because that's what I do to them.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I feel sorry for the people who have so little confidence in their own characters ability to win a fight they still have to resort to exploiting poor game code.

vintervargen

Banned
Kagato said:
I feel sorry for the people who have so little confidence in their own characters ability to win a fight they still have to resort to exploiting poor game code.

bugged eirines anyone -.-

FallycSymbol

Fledgling Freddie
I'm gonna keep that video for the next time someone says getting high RR requires skill.

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
I tried my best to enjoy it I really did but failed, so sorry.

The music at the end was good.

vintervargen

Banned
Kagato said:
Wrong Armsman, I havent used a single piece of artifact armour yet.

same shit.

anyway you say you cant understand ppl who find it fun to strafe. honest to god i cant understand you. how can it be fun going out in rvr when you already know the outcome depending class/rr on your opponent? you could as well go and play rock, scissor, paper with someone.

xorland

Banned
vintervargen said:
same shit.

anyway you say you cant understand ppl who find it fun to strafe. honest to god i cant understand you. how can it be fun going out in rvr when you already know the outcome depending class/rr on your opponent? you could as well go and play rock, scissor, paper with someone.

You can go strafe in rvr all you want to make it more exciting or whatever, but making a video out of it and then asking people to not flame it is just fkn stupid.

FallycSymbol

Fledgling Freddie
Holding down a button to move around your target doesn't require skill, nor does it make the fight more exciting. Just makes the fight longer...

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
FallycSymbol said:
Holding down a button to move around your target doesn't require skill, nor does it make the fight more exciting. Just makes the fight longer...
I'm failing to understand your logic, strafing around so they get out of view msgs, making them unable to hit for a few swings and pulling off a side stun that starts a very nice dmg chain doesn't make it last longer, it makes your target die faster and you take less dmg...

But your right, doesn't take "skill" to press the move sideways key.

Gray-CF

Fledgling Freddie
overall 1/10

i was expecting some quality Danish gay pr0n but all i got was some gimpy ranger killing some peeps

your such a tease Alec :p

:cheers:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
same shit.

Same shit? I really don't see your point, you get at me about a arti that got changed which I have never even done the encounter for let alone used, your probably thinking of Bloodthorn but I don't really care, your clutching at straws for an argument.

And I did not say I can't understand them, I said I pity them, they obviously don't have much faith in their characters if they feel the need to give the opponent out of view errors in order to win, scared you can't win if your enemy can hit you back fairly? And theres alot more then class and RR involved in any fight, trying to trivialise it wont make your excuses for strafing any stronger.

Galid

Loyal Freddie
in short. the vid is made from the way i like 2 play. the music i like and how things are from a rangers veiw.

the fact that censi put out his vid before mine and containing the same kind (and a couple of the same songs yes) dosent make it a copy of his music.

Strafing = i love it

if u dont like strafing. sure stand still and i'll use my side chain on u. think i actually care ?

if u dont like the vid. just delete it and get on with ur ohh so very perfect and non strafing lifes.

i choose to strafe. the vid is not about beeing uber and killing all. it's about how it is 2 play a ranger. and u can clearly see why there aint many high rr rangers. only reason u can ever win a fight on a ranger is with full RA's up. (in most cases atleast).

so once again. flammes aside. keep the input comming good as bad. just stop the QQ ?

Once a Ranger, always a ranger !

ohh and ml10 = i have abils to use... think i'm just gonna let em sit and have em for the looks ?

censi

Can't get enough of FH
And I did not say I can't understand them, I said I pity them, they obviously don't have much faith in their characters if they feel the need to give the opponent out of view errors in order to win, scared you can't win if your enemy can hit you back fairly?

without sticking my dick up my own ass. I reckon my ranger is pretty decent. In terms of faith I got a fair bit of faith in what I can do with the class. (not faith in my skillz just the tools i got etc)

However I still strafe to get side stun off because I can gete a nice chain on them and they get out of the fight for 5 seconds. /shrug. You do feel a bit fooking stupid when you struggle to get it off and you realise you are on your like 10th orbit of the target! :) (time to stop maybe)

In the same way if I had parry and my best styles were off that, then thats the way to go etc... none of its really skill dudes.. but yes kag your kind of playing a class that will do the business in melee versus pretty much anything out there so its prolly easy for you to think look at that strafing newb how weak, or think hah he has no faith. Reality is if you had picked a stealther main instead of a tank you would have been on the receiving end of a few galid batterings. I know for a fact he is one of the best rangers on the server.

FallycSymbol

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks to server lag you only need to do a single sidestep and press sidestun at the right time to get it off. That's skills. Now holding down the key like Galid does is just pathetic and shows it well.

Galid

Loyal Freddie
thank you Censi for your kind words.

keep the battering comming if u feel the need 2 express how u feel. this is the way i play nothing can or will change that.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Galid said:
ohh and ml10 = i have abils to use... think i'm just gonna let em sit and have em for the looks ?

useing FZ in a 1vs1 isnt nice 2 watch in video,

if u fz any1 out of the group into a bunch of mobs and then u kill him, thats funny and nice 2 watch.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
In the same way if I had parry and my best styles were off that, then thats the way to go etc... none of its really skill dudes.. but yes kag your kind of playing a class that will do the business in melee versus pretty much anything out there so its prolly easy for you to think look at that strafing newb how weak, or think hah he has no faith. Reality is if you had picked a stealther main instead of a tank you would have been on the receiving end of a few galid batterings. I know for a fact he is one of the best rangers on the server.

Im not getting at you, him or any one person in paticular but the play style in general, even if my positionals were stronger then my reactionaries, which some people would argue are, i'd not resort to strafing or walk through abuse, if I get the drop on someone I will go for the positional opening, but when the fight starts I don't expect to work like that and will use reactionaries instead, theres plenty of stealthers out there i'd consider among the best who don't need to use them and do have faith in there characters abilities rather then faith in mythics shitty coding.

And those people i'd salute wether I win or lose.

Galid

Loyal Freddie
Kagato said:
Im not getting at you, him or any one person in paticular but the play style in general, even if my positionals were stronger then my reactionaries, which some people would argue are, i'd not resort to strafing or walk through abuse, if I get the drop on someone I will go for the positional opening, but when the fight starts I don't expect to work like that and will use reactionaries instead, theres plenty of stealthers out there i'd consider among the best who don't need to use them and do have faith in there characters abilities rather then faith in mythics shitty coding.

And those people i'd salute wether I win or lose.

Name one ranger...

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
i won't say a word about strafing, but i could mention that i was trying to sos & mezz at the end on our fight, not running away. didn't end too well ;)

give duel someday, i want payback :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom