Galid Ranger movie.

Galid

Loyal Freddie
okies listen up. i dont use heat vs assasins because most assasins now use matter/spirit... if i take off my spirit weaps i loose 16% matter/spirit ressist.

Strafe = adding skill 2 the game. everyone can spam a style with followup.

Thanks 2 the ppl who liked it. those who didn't i'm guessing u got killed in it ?

strafing is a skill i enjoy, i play like this like it or not =)

Galid

Loyal Freddie
ohh and.

less flame plz more constructive critisism.

thanks

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
useing FZ 2 win a fight is nice 4 u 2 gain rp's, but just proves, u couldnt win w/o.

if u would use it, 2 FZ adds away like censi did, the movie would be much more better, and u could prove ur skill.

ur video is nice 2 watch 1 time, its just sufficient.

PS:

and try 2 win without useing IP, movies which shows won fights without use of IP, rox much more imo.

Galid

Loyal Freddie
Chrstffr said:
some typos with names and hum did u copy the music from censi's vid? otherwise nice :)

there are a couple of tracks that are also in censi's vic. but thats just a case of simlular taste in music (and that he sent me em ;D)

Galid

Loyal Freddie
Matmardigan said:
useing FZ 2 win a fight is nice 4 u 2 gain rp's, but just proves, u couldnt win w/o.

if u would use it, 2 FZ adds away like censi did, the movie would be much more better, and u could prove ur skill.

ur video is nice 2 watch 1 time, its just sufficient.

PS:

and try 2 win without useing IP, movies which shows won fights without use of IP, rox much more imo.

try playing a ranger m8

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
hehe ignore em galid takes online guts i guess to put yaself up there to be shot at witha Vid.Whats point of earning ras and ml abilities if your not gonna use em?Dont see casters not moccin and rr5 etc etc 1 vs 1(ml9 pets any1?:p).Still wanna know why im not in it tho we had quite afew fights lately......... :worthy:

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Galid said:
try playing a ranger m8

played a ranger, i know their lack of deffence.

but thats why they got much more melee Dmg output then a scout 4 example.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Matmardigan said:
played a ranger, i know their lack of deffence.

but thats why they got much more melee Dmg output then a scout 4 example.
Is madmordigan your ranger by anychance?

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Castus said:
Is madmordigan your ranger by anychance?

no,

dont know the gimp

Castus said:
Whats point of earning ras and ml abilities if your not gonna use em?Dont see casters not moccin and rr5 etc etc 1 vs 1(ml9 pets any1?:p).Still wanna know why im not in it tho we had quite afew fights lately......... :worthy:

Ofc they are made 4 use in fights 2 win the fight.

But

If u win the fight w/o useing em, even u could use em, its way much cooler.

And 2 show how cool/uber/roxxor/1337 ect ect ur chars is, is the point of an video imo.

Galid

Loyal Freddie
Castus said:
hehe ignore em galid takes online guts i guess to put yaself up there to be shot at witha Vid.Whats point of earning ras and ml abilities if your not gonna use em?Dont see casters not moccin and rr5 etc etc 1 vs 1(ml9 pets any1?:p).Still wanna know why im not in it tho we had quite afew fights lately......... :worthy:

i know we have had quite a few fights lately going both ways m8. prob is i dont always press the record button =/ but keep playing and u might be in the next one.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Galid said:
okies listen up. i dont use heat vs assasins because most assasins now use matter/spirit... if i take off my spirit weaps i loose 16% matter/spirit ressist.

Flaw in your SC then tho, the reasoning behind the people saying heat etc are still valid. You could also drop the double legendary setup, and as result get a better offhand and not loose resists when switching ;)

(this is constructive critisism imo :D)

Strafe = adding skill 2 the game. everyone can spam a style with followup.

Strafe might be adding skill to the game, however circle-strafing and spamming Ice-storm, Squall. Ice-storm, Squall. Ice-storm, Squall.. Ice-storm... well u get the picture isnt more or less skilled then style with followup or backup etc.

you could boost your dps by switching weapons (look at the Warrior again, judge the resists and know he probably has only 16-19% resists to your piercer) and by after landing Ice-storm followup with Tempest (Supernova). Same with Tornado/BlindingRain-chains, they add alot of DPS.

Last but not least u loose MAJOR dps when u after Ice-storm keep strafing (on a stunned enemy, why?) fumble the Squall in his back because 'You're strafing and miss'.

(once again, constructive critisism)

Thanks 2 the ppl who liked it. those who didn't i'm guessing u got killed in it ?

Nah you dont kill me, I play a Ranger on Prydwen ;) And while we can argue if strafing is a skill or not, the fact you dont finish the chain (which is way higher damage then Squall/Ice-storm) and often loose out on more reactionaries and positionals is something which could improve your performance.

Peace out ;)

GrIrcSpammer

Fledgling Freddie
Galid shame it wasnt me playing in that video :( but but i ll give u strong payback for being in the movie ! i m almost offended ;(

Galid

Loyal Freddie
Puppet said:
Nah you dont kill me, I play a Ranger on Prydwen ;) And while we can argue if strafing is a skill or not, the fact you dont finish the chain (which is way higher damage then Squall/Ice-storm) and often loose out on more reactionaries and positionals is something which could improve your performance.

Peace out ;)

if u look though the vid again. only times i dont use chain is if more are hitting me (and i dont want em using pos styles). most times i get 1-3 icestorms off and chain.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
GrIrcSpammer said:
Galid shame it wasnt me playing in that video :( but but i ll give u strong payback for being in the movie ! i m almost offended ;(

once a gimp allways a gimp. the fact that u didnt played ur char doesnt change anything =)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Matmardigan said:
once a gimp allways a gimp. the fact that u didnt played ur char doesnt change anything =)

espically since it was an even more r0xstar playing! :D

Nemo

Fledgling Freddie
Galid said:

Haha, and yes I was killed in vid, but I allways gets killed as I'm a SB.
Tried every specc there is and have 7 lvl10 artis i've tried around with, doesn't help me when debuffed to hell and crappy RA's and ML's (xcept poisonspike and messpoison against adds) and a RR5 ability that wouldnt even work on a "sitting duck".
.....and no love from gamedesigners at all (dmgwise). They could atleast let me spec in staff.. would give better dmg/WS for me as cobbie....

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Nice, bit long though and I don't care much for strafers.

xorland

Banned
Just shows how much you rely on strafing to win you fights instead of being a good ranger.

PhiCa

Fledgling Freddie
Spelling my name wrong sux, but the vid rox ! :p

Why give a char positional styles if it weren't meant to be used ? Dont have a problem with strafing, it's annoying yeah, but it's a part of this game... Afaik most people who *whine* about it are those with a great frontal style or just those who got a mighty chopper ;)

PS: I wanna be a Ninja turtle too :(

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
fucking hell

things i disliked about the vid: using zephyr in many 1v1 fights; strafing all. the. time. and hardly ever using the followup; almost no variance in the fights whatsoever during the entire vid; often having your weapons poisoned by some random ns; same music as censi's vid; spelling names awfully wrong awfully often; the looks of adzes.

things i liked about the vid: err.. horner dying? :p

nah but seriously, its quite nice to see how someone plays but in this case you use so many tricks and abilities its hard to manage to actually lose a fight.. i can ra dump someone to hell and back on my champ every 15 min, i can put all those bits in a video and leave all the rest out. wouldnt be much fun to watch, atleast not so many fights in a row in such a long vid

Killrake

Fledgling Freddie
Galid said:
try playing a ranger m8

Tried a hunter? hehe only stealthclass w/o auto train (hope I am right here, got a bit unsure now :) ) anyway hunter is the most bad stealthclass to play IMHO.

Rangers eats me easy like the rest of the stealthers out there ( I might get a mincer now and then though)

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Killrake said:
Tried a hunter? hehe only stealthclass w/o auto train (hope I am right here, got a bit unsure now :) ) anyway hunter is the most bad stealthclass to play IMHO.

Rangers eats me easy like the rest of the stealthers out there ( I might get a mincer now and then though)

bow can be autotrained.

and hunter melee dmg > ranger > scout.

Hunters will melee outdmg every other archer class.

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
Matmardigan said:
bow can be autotrained.

and hunter melee dmg > ranger > scout.

Hunters will melee outdmg every other archer class.

I actually agree 100% with him for once :p

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
that strafe discussion has a beard really. if you don't want to be strafed on, you step back. I do that on valewalkers and other strafers, atleast usually. Mythic implented strafing for a reason, and as I see it hasn't been modified much the last updates they think it fits into the game fine, and I think so too. strafe is not instawin.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Jimmi said:

oh true =)

only mid classes which can autrotrain anything are warriors: Axes, hammers and swords

and Shadowblades: Stealth

poor mids =)

who cares, mids just rp cows anyway =)

Guinever

Fledgling Freddie
OMGED STRAFE NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nocare kk ?

His playstyle leavez him alone
and Galid no add :cheers:

xorland

Banned
Mazzaca said:
that strafe discussion has a beard really. if you don't want to be strafed on, you step back. I do that on valewalkers and other strafers, atleast usually. Mythic implented strafing for a reason, and as I see it hasn't been modified much the last updates they think it fits into the game fine, and I think so too. strafe is not instawin.

You step back, they runthrough you before you can face them. Mythic didn't implement strafing or runthrough they just simply haven't given the people who don't rely on ure opponents not styling to be able to win a defense mechanism agaisnt either strafing or runthrough.

Only useless retards don't disagree with the use of strafing to win fights instead of being able to outmelee your opponents.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
nice vid imo. strafing is 100% part of the game, deal with it. as is walking to side of someone and /face, and rangers have active abilities for a reason.

side note, the bits where you opened yer inventory to equip a freshly envenomed LW made me laugh. be careful else you'll give me wife ideas of chaining me to an alchemy table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom