From a regular player point of view (reg. adding)

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
they do?!

.... no they dont, they cant be arsed to leave clip range of random bridge.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
stupeh said:
Then the zergs go to where the GG's are to fuck everything up again...

I like your posts cos they're short - sadly they are all negative but at least they are short.

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
Belisar said:
I like your posts cos they're short - sadly they are all negative but at least they are short.

Short and to the point, no need to type excessively? :O

Zede

Part of the furniture
After renewing my WoW account( goa fecked up my subs) i went to the PvP BGs with my 60 shadow priest. I beseech anyone who can to go see what real zerging is all about. The playerbase thinks this is good fun, clueless totally clueless. What you dont know, you cannot miss though hey ?

This the mmorpg that boasts over 500k playerbase. oh dear

Guys, really you have no idea how good we have got it :clap:

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
After renewing my WoW account( goa fecked up my subs) i went to the PvP BGs with my 60 shadow priest. I beseech anyone who can to go see what real zerging is all about. The playerbase thinks this is good fun, clueless totally clueless. What you dont know, you cannot miss though hey ?

This the mmorpg that boasts over 500k playerbase. oh dear

Guys, really you have no idea how good we have got it :clap:
Less chit-chat, more renewing your acc.

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
stupeh said:

doubt it the zerg needs a map for anything else than beno -> berk, without they would just get lost in the Irish See :D

anyways that system will only work when there are more than 6-8 set groups running every night which hardly is the case atm, maybe with cluster this can be the solution but atm its just plain boring to run around and have a fight every 20-30 mins.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Belisar said:
The issue for us is we do not get annoyed about it as the whole run is a series of swings and roundabouts with some good fights, some quick fights and some serious slappings received.

The issue for us is that as a guild we don't recognise the no adding thing as a rule. Therefore we're happy for people to add on us and we'll be adding wherever we see fit. People sending one of us after the fight asking (or telling) us not to add are wasting everyone's time.

There are exceptions we sometimes make - eg. we try to leave soloers who are fighting one on one, but I ain't even committing to doing that. Tonight I saw 2 Hibs vs 2 Albs, decided to leave them to it and as I turned away one of the Albs attacked me. I don't blame him, but what I am saying is that the whole no adding thing is a morass I ain't getting into. Simpler just to play within the coded game mechanics than some vague stuff made up by players and only sporadically adhered to by all but (literally) one or two groups.

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Luz said:
Yes I noticed that, saw you on Hero after the enemy died.

The thing in that case was we fought just 10 yards behind you and as allways I look around to see what enemy is about, spotted that dude (maybe 10 seconds after fight) so was still in the kill-all-mode. hehe sorry :worthy:

Was no problem, I just tried (attempt 20 or so, can't go in water due to casters/scouts camping it) to get to the other side of the bridge to see how many stealthers would pop, I almost feinted when I found a Mid minus his group. :)

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
if you are low rr, and inexperienced and with a crap template, you obviously havnt put much time into your character. an mmorpg rewards time put into it, dont expect to spend hardly any time and pwn everything.

i get tired of low rrs qq'ing about getting rolled by opted grps, i spent about a year getting from lvl 1 - rr4. then another 8 months or so getting to rr5 :p

then couple months to 6, month or so to r7, and another couple months to get 7L7 where i am now, if this dosent add up i cba to think about it but its just a example of the relative time it took me to get there (although i was unemployed from 6-7 so that was a lil fast, as it included getting ml10 and toa'd :p)

im also tired so if this post dosent make sense ignore it :(

my point is that u gotta solo/random grp ur way up from nothing before u get high enough to get better grps, i generally get pretty good grps now, where as when i was rr5 i wouldnt dream of a grp that had a average rr above 3 :p

thats just the way it is, unfortunatly

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Now that we have finally established that the "roaming 8vs8" is a player imposed system, can we please acknowlegde that the requirements for being a part of this system are FAR to high for a large majority of the players/toons.

Only a couple of set groups per realm play "8vs8" on a server that has nearly a thousand ppl playing.

These rest that is unable to compete (yet) can only get the basic requirements (RR4?) by "zerging" and "adding". You'll just have to live with it.

Tbh, I think this "system" sucks and it's one of the reasons the game is not growing anymore: The requirements to compete in this player shaped environment are just too high for most people.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
I can't blame the players for playing the game like this (8vs8).

Players always find the optimal way to action and rewards.

Just like it is in public server Counterstrike where players ignore the objectives and "rushing" is ultimate while "camping" is frowned upon.

It's up to Mythic to change this and bring action and rewards to many more people then only those on top of the food chain.

until then, I'll play the game "as is" btw.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Gazon said:
Now that we have finally established that the "roaming 8vs8" is a player imposed system, can we please acknowlegde that the requirements for being a part of this system are FAR to high for a large majority of the players/toons.

Only a couple of set groups per realm play "8vs8" on a server that has nearly a thousand ppl playing.

These rest that is unable to compete (yet) can only get the basic requirements (RR4?) by "zerging" and "adding". You'll just have to live with it.

Tbh, I think this "system" sucks and it's one of the reasons the game is not growing anymore: The requirements to compete in this player shaped environment are just too high for most people.

I agree and disagree abit :)

Many people have played their toon for a very long time and achieved decent realmranks.. by decent I mean rr6+, we have had TOA for a long time and many are already ml10. And if you cant play your toon at rr6+ and after 2 years+... then, I really dont know what to say. Some stuff should have stuck in the head at least, unless you zerged your way there.

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Gazon said:

i must agree with you that its rly rly rly reeeeeaaaaaallllyyy hard for some1 who just started the game now to compete in RvR, as there is so much things you have to know now to even get in a semi random group.
but tbh it was obvielsy that daoc goes that way as all other MMORPG´s before went same way, and all in future will be like that too. after almost 4 years the average skill niveau raised sky-high compared to first year, problem with this for randoms is that its always the top guilds who develope their tactics/playstyle to a new level first. for example those 5mins+ fights we talking about didnt happen often in first year of daoc cuz ppl simply werent good enuff to survive that long.
The older a MMORPG becomes, the harder it will be for new players or ppl who simply dont spend a lifetime on the game to compete in rvr. trust me if daoc dont die in the next 3 years it will be close to impossible for any none-opted group to survive longer than 5 mins in NF.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
dont mind random grps adding, it can be alot of fun. could never have had all those 3fg+ vs us fights if ppl didnt add. my personal best i was involved in was 47 enemy dead before we dropped. they were good enough to come in mostly a nice steady stream tho :)

the thing that sucks is fixed grps adding other fixed grp fights and come cluster if GGs dont stop adding on each other its gonna be pretty sick and boring out there.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
daoc_xianghua said:
might be that we killed your grey cabbie (similar name was Hammerdwarf prolly)
thats like 4 years ago tho :p back then everyone killed everyone, no matter what cuz everyone were a noob basically (me included)

you know what ? some ppl go on and learn to improve their play so they arent a noob anymore some day. when that happens you start to leave grey con stuff alone but i strongly doubt anyone did in the old days.

some just keep playing like they did at the start of the game i.e. zerg

Aii the name sounds familiar. you both used to run about a lot in sauvage if I recall.

Lol fantastic

The old "ah but we dont do that anymore....." line. I heard the same from the "elite" xcal guilds that now say "oh but we dont do that anymore". I'm sorry but people like me will still choose whether to add on you for all the solo fights you barged into or the greys you killed or <insert whine here>.

I'm happy to add (or stick an arrrow into every single nme) on any group or guild or player that has done it to me and they wont have a leg to stand on.

I'm sure lots of people have "changed" in this game and outside but I dont think I'll be inviting Jeffery Dalmer over for lunch just yet because he says he is now a nice person.

You really should stop making sweeping generalisations about what other people "probably" do or did based on your jaded history.

The Zerg is a subjective term, if people wish to play that way then so be it, I wont jumping up and down whining about adds or zergs but thats what the game is about. Lots of people realise that, others simply keep posting the same old tired "omg xxx added on me" or trying to tell others how to play.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
stupeh said:

Or the opted groups keep meandering past the hot spots hoping for some "accidental" kills. I see this so often its scary.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Konah said:
dont mind random grps adding, it can be alot of fun. could never have had all those 3fg+ vs us fights if ppl didnt add. my personal best i was involved in was 47 enemy dead before we dropped. they were good enough to come in mostly a nice steady stream tho :)

the thing that sucks is fixed grps adding other fixed grp fights and come cluster if GGs dont stop adding on each other its gonna be pretty sick and boring out there.

Maybe some of them have a longer memory than NF?

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
if you are low rr, and inexperienced and with a crap template, you obviously havnt put much time into your character. an mmorpg rewards time put into it, dont expect to spend hardly any time and pwn everything.

Or possibly you've invested loads of time into making friends and helping realm mates, so when you go RvR you can take them all with you instead of a template. In which case the MMORPG is rewarding selfishness over generosity. Unless of course you play without an artificial upper limit on combatants, in which case all the work you put into helping your realm mates become stronger pays off when they fight by your side.

Gamah

Banned
Boggy said:
Or possibly you've invested loads of time into making friends and helping realm mates, so when you go RvR you can take them all with you instead of a template. In which case the MMORPG is rewarding selfishness over generosity. Unless of course you play without an artificial upper limit on combatants, in which case all the work you put into helping your realm mates become stronger pays off when they fight by your side.

So your inexperianced...and zerg, then..you fall behind your 6000 friends that are running after a blue con thane..and a good player just rips you in-half and you QQ that helping people is shit.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Gamah said:
So your inexperianced...and zerg, then..you fall behind your 6000 friends that are running after a blue con thane..and a good player just rips you in-half and you QQ that helping people is shit.

You can really be a pratt sometimes Gamah

Point me to any one thread or post where Boggy has moaned about adds, dying or anything of the like - can't find one ? No ofc you can't.

General gamers and adders have no place qq-ing if they lose to a better solo, grp or zerg but tbh I do not see many who do.

This thread was put up by a regular gamer trying to explain his view on adding.

Only qq's and moans I see are from those who do not agree.

Got no problem with that but I would prefer peeps to look for a solution and not just moan or make posts which are actually not helpful or accurate.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:

Nope. Don't think I've ever said helping people is shit. I don't believe it to be true either. Helping people is good.

Also, helping others and being a good player are not mutually exclusive. RvR is not predicated ENTIRELY on ToA templates, it's just one significant factor.

As for whining, well, I never seen any kind of whine like the one you describe. Seems to me most complaints come from exactly the same people who put all their in game time into furthering their own ends. They complain because they have an egocentric view.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Tay said:
Maybe some of them have a longer memory than NF?

O.F. emain was ADD-Central, everyone fucking added. Many still do. We dont.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:

gamah got pwnd :p

Theres no way to debate against helping other people over just getting your own ubertemplate and high RR. Leaving you with fewer friends (maybe only a handfull) that you can group up with and have fun.

Where people who spend time helping and making friends have greater numbers to make up for the not uber-template and lower RR.

Think this pretty much sums up the ways you can play the game.

Playing for yourself only, or a very limited grp (8) of people ensuring theese few peoples "fun" in RvR only.
Or helping the realm making a zerg with friends low RR and no templates and still have a good laugh.

Gamah

Banned
Never said I didn't help people, I have helped loads of people do Arti's and ML's..Was just trying to wind up the PvE Kings:|

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
Luz said:
gamah got pwnd :p

Theres no way to debate against helping other people over just getting your own ubertemplate and high RR. Leaving you with fewer friends (maybe only a handfull) that you can group up with and have fun.

Where people who spend time helping and making friends have greater numbers to make up for the not uber-template and lower RR.

Think this pretty much sums up the ways you can play the game.

Playing for yourself only, or a very limited grp (8) of people ensuring theese few peoples "fun" in RvR only.
Or helping the realm making a zerg with friends low RR and no templates and still have a good laugh.

basically you say:

type 1 player Egoistic ppl
type 2 player Social ppl

or

type 1 bad
type 2 good

its not that black and white m8.

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
Why do you use "fun" in that way? o_O Are you saying playing with 7 friends isn't fun or something?

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Konah said:
O.F. emain was ADD-Central, everyone fucking added. Many still do. We dont.

Lots of people didnt add so dont measure everybody else by your standards.

If you added on me in OF which you did on multiple occaisions I'll add on you till I stop playing the game if you dont want to add back then thats your perogative...thats life.

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
Tay said:
Lots of people didnt add so dont measure everybody else by your standards.

If you added on me in OF which you did on multiple occaisions I'll add on you till I stop playing the game if you dont want to add back then thats your perogative...thats life.

yeh u kicked me once and now i will keep kicking u till I die .....

roxxor megam8

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
fungus said:
basically you say:

type 1 player Egoistic ppl
type 2 player Social ppl

or

type 1 bad
type 2 good

its not that black and white m8.

aye ejo is a born zergling, but he keeps denying it !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom