From a regular player point of view (reg. adding)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
annoying is ?

your winning a 1v1 fight, your thinking weee 900+ rpts fer meh.! yappie..
and as your about close to landing the killing blow inc comes random fg, gg what ever and congrats you earned 180rpts \0/ :twak:

same applies for mini grp's 2-4 player grp's running around fighting other mini grp's and fg's add and the other dont come back or come back in a zerg and fun is over :/

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Gazon said:
Fun in what? In just being in game?
"Long even 8vs8 battles" ... where you WIN in the end preferably I suppose? Or do your settle for an evening where you did not win a single fight but they were definitely all "long" and "even". :p I don't buy that, sorry.

I guess you need to keep preaching then... at least be honest about your reasons.

i dont care if my group wins in the ned of a 10 mins fight, i cant count how often i´ve said that on these forums in the past, buy it or not. I dont care, but seriously, do you rly think i give a f*** about ~2k rp when i just had 10 mins of great fun?

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
actually, some people dont mind loosing aslong as its a good fight. Maybe you dont feel that way, but dont judge everyone else by your own lines.

Somehow I think it's strange that exactly these people often find some excuses for themselves to add then... And don't tell me they don't. I've seen enough of these excuses.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
daoc_xianghua said:
i dont care if my group wins in the ned of a 10 mins fight, i cant count how often i´ve said that on these forums in the past, buy it or not. I dont care, but seriously, do you rly think i give a f*** about ~2k rp when i just had 10 mins of great fun?

Come bring your tank to fight my pala. I'll hit engage and you'll have the TIME OF YOUR LIFE. :cheers:

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Iron Wolves group sailed into the only one on one I tried to have today. ;/
Well I tried to have lots of 1 on1s, but there just wasn't anyone solo. I suppose I was a gg soloer spoiling rvr for non opted random fgs!! Just cba to fight to attack anything when bait for 3-4 others so just engaged every archer and went afk. ;/

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
Tuorin said:
Iron Wolves group sailed into the only one on one I tried to have today. ;/
Well I tried to have lots of 1 on1s, but there just wasn't anyone solo. I suppose I was a gg soloer spoiling rvr for non opted random fgs!! Just cba to fight to attack anything when bait for 3-4 others so just engaged every archer and went afk. ;/

Yes I noticed that, saw you on Hero after the enemy died.

The thing in that case was we fought just 10 yards behind you and as allways I look around to see what enemy is about, spotted that dude (maybe 10 seconds after fight) so was still in the kill-all-mode. hehe sorry :worthy:

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Luz said:
Yes I noticed that, saw you on Hero after the enemy died.

:

You did better than me Luz - I did not even spot that one. Generally I thought we avoided some awkward incidents - the only one I was concerned about was a hibby chasing down a mid and the practically mid ran into us - not sure the hib would have caught the mid but who knows (and if not maybe the argument should be that the mid deserved to escape).

We got added on a few times notably once by a few warlocks (but to be fair we were a bit close to Crim) and once by a hib grp who are from an alliance I thought would have been against adding. The issue for us is we do not get annoyed about it as the whole run is a series of swings and roundabouts with some good fights, some quick fights and some serious slappings received.

<curses those who slapped me as my face is still red> :D

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Adianna said:
Somehow I think it's strange that exactly these people often find some excuses for themselves to add then... And don't tell me they don't. I've seen enough of these excuses.

uh? :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Gazon said:
Everybody plays to win.
Everybody wants rp.
fg vs fg = fastest way to get rp = player imposed paradigm.
Enemies adding on your fight is not fun because then you might lose.
Allies adding on your fight is not fun because they leech your rp and ruin your chances on e-peen enlargement.
Disengaging in a fight where allies added = posing.
Saying rp doesn't interest you = lie.
Calling for everybody to run in seperate groups, fighting seperate fights = propaganda to make the fg vs fg system work.

Now move along.

The 'propaganda' of fullgroup-system is actually beneficial to two realms. We could just zerg everything fuckless and run in packs of 10 FG's. The biggest zerg with a decent amount of AE wins.

Some people like semi-fair fights (FG vs FG, 8 vs 8) and are not interested to run in a zerg, 'MAY THE BIGGEST ZERG WIN'.

I think in zerg vs zerg Hibernia would come out top everytime due to the amount of AE Hibernia can potentially field.

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
The 'propaganda' of fullgroup-system is actually beneficial to two realms. We could just zerg everything fuckless and run in packs of 10 FG's. The biggest zerg with a decent amount of AE wins.

Some people like semi-fair fights (FG vs FG, 8 vs 8) and are not interested to run in a zerg, 'MAY THE BIGGEST ZERG WIN'.

I think in zerg vs zerg Hibernia would come out top everytime due to the amount of AE Hibernia can potentially field.

Don't forget the amount of (AE) interrupt Midgard can throw up against us. :p

Yet I prefer zerg to a GG anytime. The zerg is honest at least.

Shike said:

Oh I mean those fellows who tend to say something like "No no, we don't add. We don't like this, we want fair fights." And then when they got added they come up with "Bah you added us! You are a bloody zerger, so we will add you back." - I mean that isn't really honest is it? Either they are bloody liars, giving a shit about adding as long as they win or they are just plain stupid as they give up on playing the way they have fun to ruin the game for someone else which won't work 'cause that one doesn't care about being added on.

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
There is one thing what ppl seem to miss all the time. We have 3 realms in the game. Actually this fact gives me the spice of DAoC, the 3rd part what means the unpredictable future. Still, ppl praise the 8 vs 8 while I think a good 3 way fight (8 vs 8 vs 8) or any 3 way fight with more or less even chance to win (it shouldnt mean even number) is much better.

On Sunday we had a long 3 way zerg fight (like 8 fg involved, several PUGs, maybe GGs as well) we died a lot in it and all of us (in the grp) enjoyed it a lot, I don't deny maybe we enjoyed a lot, cause we survived it ;) but don't think our feeling would changed if we died in the end.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Adianna said:
Oh I mean those fellows who tend to say something like "No no, we don't add. We don't like this, we want fair fights." And then when they got added they come up with "Bah you added us! You are a bloody zerger, so we will add you back." - I mean that isn't really honest is it? Either they are bloody liars, giving a shit about adding as long as they win or they are just plain stupid as they give up on playing the way they have fun to ruin the game for someone else which won't work 'cause that one doesn't care about being added on.

thats simply not entirely true, ive seen many many many groups just run by fights without adding in, many many many groups I've been in have done exact same thing aswell.

So now you believe all GG's add in on everything for the sole purpose of gaining RPs?

You actually dont know what its like tbh, either you dont RVR enough, or you run in grps that add on everything.

You also probably never have experienced how fun RVR actually is when you run in a solid group that can compete with any other group, if you had done that, then you would know why some people actually value a really good fight higher than anything that DAoC has to offer, be it RP's or pure satisfaction from killings, doesnt matter. Good fights is the only reason some people play DAoC. And yet you have decided that this isnt the case based on what?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Killerbee said:
There is one thing what ppl seem to miss all the time. We have 3 realms in the game. Actually this fact gives me the spice of DAoC, the 3rd part what means the unpredictable future. Still, ppl praise the 8 vs 8 while I think a good 3 way fight (8 vs 8 vs 8) or any 3 way fight with more or less even chance to win (it shouldnt mean even number) is much better.

On Sunday we had a long 3 way zerg fight (like 8 fg involved, several PUGs, maybe GGs as well) we died a lot in it and all of us (in the grp) enjoyed it a lot, I don't deny maybe we enjoyed a lot, cause we survived it ;) but don't think our feeling would changed if we died in the end.

I do not agree, 3parts mostly suck, since one group will be an adding group, and that means that they have the choice to wipe out one of the sides first. It isnt really a fair fight for the ones that get torn apart from the adders, they got 0 chanse to survive if the groups all are equally skilled/equipped/MLd/RR.

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
thats simply not entirely true, ive seen many many many groups just run by fights without adding in, many many many groups I've been in have done exact same thing aswell.

So now you believe all GG's add in on everything for the sole purpose of gaining RPs?

You actually dont know what its like tbh, either you dont RVR enough, or you run in grps that add on everything.

You also probably never have experienced how fun RVR actually is when you run in a solid group that can compete with any other group, if you had done that, then you would know why some people actually value a really good fight higher than anything that DAoC has to offer, be it RP's or pure satisfaction from killings, doesnt matter. Good fights is the only reason some people play DAoC. And yet you have decided that this isnt the case based on what?

Then you understood nothing I tried to explain to you... besides your assumption I've never run in a solid group and never had long fights is plain wrong.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Adianna said:
Then you understood nothing I tried to explain to you... besides your assumption I've never run in a solid group and never had long fights is plain wrong.

bah, try to explain again then so I understand you correctly please, because atm I really dont get it. :)

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
I do not agree, 3parts mostly suck, since one group will be an adding group, and that means that they have the choice to wipe out one of the sides first. It isnt really a fair fight for the ones that get torn apart from the adders, they got 0 chanse to survive if the groups all are equally skilled/equipped/MLd/RR.
Well, if a grp got sandwiched, that's true. But other than that, in 3way fights I prefer to weaken the stronger side 1st then try to deal with both, what is actually a wrong tactic, but most fun for me (not as if I do the decision what our grp does :) ).

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
bah, try to explain again then so I understand you correctly please, because atm I really dont get it. :)

i told it to some1 else in the other thread already, leave adianna alone, its pointless arguing with him. he doesnt want to get it. do as me ignore him and try to safe other poor minds from the darkside (zerg). xD

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:

I never said that everyone would do that. It might be that you don't do that. It doesn't even matter who does it.

What matters is, that there are people who pretend to play "non-adding", honourable and so on and then finding excuses for adding like they added us first. Which is not only childish behaviour - either you follow a code of honour everytime or it isn't worth the bytes used on the server by it - but also lying to themselves and others and above all - exactly doing the opposite of what those people say they want to do in RvR. And I guess the main reason is to piss those people off. To get them annoyed enough so that no one has fun. But well okay, that is only a guess as I can't look into other people's minds.

And that alone fucks up this proclaimed "better" RvR enough that it isn't worth thinking about at least for me. To be honest it wouldn't be worth thinking about if it wouldn't be that way. I play for different reasons which I could explain, I guess but it doesn't matter really.

Now, let's say that you (in general) actually want to achieve something with complaining about adding and so on. Now how does that look like to the average adder? Right, just like you want to farm them easier and achieving the exact opposite of what you might want to achieve, they just add more.

In the end, everybody will be pissed off enough to not even think about the others position, just because everyone is lying and muttering and so on and so on. That won't get this discussion anywhere and it will be an endless story written over and over again.

Those positions are cleary incompatible and you can hardly find a way of co-existence in the same area if adding etc. botheres you.

Now, the only solution to me seems, that those complaining about adds decide a zone where they can have their 8 vs 8 fights without adding on let's say a daily interval. GGs etc. usually can arrange that better than an unorganized zerg, so it will only work that way. I'm not saying it's the right or the duty of anyone but it won't work the other way round. That zone has to be far off the main battle area and the relic stored keeps of the server to avoid interfering with the "zergers". On the other hand, there won't be any complaints about adding when facing the zerg.

Or we will all face all these accusations, pretending, lieing, crying and and and until the server goes down for ever.

I can understand that different people will have different opinions but crying out loud on the boards won't help. No one can and should say others how they have to play. It is finding an arrangement so that both sides could be happy. Unfortunately I don't see many people around favouring this thought, so well... it's either that or seeing me (and others) laughing about this high and mighty non-adding stuff given up just to take revenge on those bloody sucking adders.

A little more than I intended to say in the first place, but that sums (omg. more adding ;)) it up. ;)

PS: As you can see at the example of Xianghua, it doesn't work so well remaining on an egoistic perspective, as the other side will simply do the same. ;)

PPS: I've more than 6 million RP now on all my chars if I'm counting right, so I could hardly say that my style of playing doesn't get me RP and that I haven't experienced almost anything possible in DAoC RvR.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
daoc_xianghua said:
i told it to some1 else in the other thread already, leave adianna alone, its pointless arguing with him. he doesnt want to get it. do as me ignore him and try to safe other poor minds from the darkside (zerg). xD

hehe good thing you seem so open-minded ... :p

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Luz said:
hehe good thing you seem so open-minded ... :p

i usually am if ppl come up with constructive ideas, the reason i´m ignoring adianna is cuz he made some amazingly stupid comments in a thread from some time ago. some1 who excuses his zerging with "its as the game was meant to be" and later even say i prefer zerg over fg deserve no respect imo.
i could also say a group fits 8 ppl so the game is meant to be played in fg´s only, exactly same shit. furthermore i could say that its kinda logical to run best available setup with best possible equip and MLs. i.e. the game is meant to be played in opted groups only.

the idea with different areas for zerg/fg´s wont work on prydwen which is kinda crystal clear. it maybe can work in cluster depending on how much ppl will split over the 3 frontiers, but my guess is that it will just be zerged by tards everyhwere, we gonna see

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
daoc_xianghua said:
who cares if the casuals are more or not?
those who invest most time, deserve most fun, kinda easy

furthermore when i look at hib RvR atm i see like 5-6 set groups(usually 2-3 running per night) and 1-3 PUG groups, so its pretty even atm and when all set groups run in the same evening we outnumber PUG´s by far

Pity you are not counting all the people running about solo or in duo's etc. I would love to see your calculations that approximatly 48 people in opted groups and you outnumber the rest of the people playing in your realm...what I see is several opted groups running each evening passing MAJOR choke points renowned for adds and stand offs in the vien hope of nailing solo'ers and easy prey (Even though they dont want to be added on).

I still maintain that if you want fg vs fg RVR bugger off to some distant place where adds wont bother you...yet these opted GG's keep going near the traditional hot spots. You only have yourself to blame if you get added on there.

Your really going to love the stealth wars when clustering happens... :) I think a near era in adding will come about.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
daoc_xianghua said:
who cares if the casuals are more or not?
those who invest most time, deserve most fun, kinda easy

lol

Your money is worth exactly the same as mine..dont try to tell me your better or deserve more cuz you waste more time in a game than I do.

Gamah said:
Can't wait to farm those n00bs!

Thats what I have to say :(

You gonna love being zerg'd if your a hib/mid then..

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
daoc_xianghua said:

I'm 99% sure that you killed my grey cabby once in Forest sauvage a long time ago with another similar named middie on Xcal....I didnt think it was fun at the time, but I guess it gave you your 1 secs of fun...

Now it seems you want opted groups and long fights and 8 vs 8....funny that many players now want all these things but have a jaded past to get where they are now..

I dont give a monkies now but I was a tad miffed at the time, the double standards of people like you amuse me no end.

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Tay said:
I'm 99% sure that you killed my grey cabby once in Forest sauvage a long time ago with another similar named middie on Xcal....I didnt think it was fun at the time, but I guess it gave you your 1 secs of fun...

Now it seems you want opted groups and long fights and 8 vs 8....funny that many players now want all these things but have a jaded past to get where they are now..

I dont give a monkies now but I was a tad miffed at the time, the double standards of people like you amuse me no end.

might be that we killed your grey cabbie (similar name was Hammerdwarf prolly)
thats like 4 years ago tho :p back then everyone killed everyone, no matter what cuz everyone were a noob basically (me included)

you know what ? some ppl go on and learn to improve their play so they arent a noob anymore some day. when that happens you start to leave grey con stuff alone but i strongly doubt anyone did in the old days.

some just keep playing like they did at the start of the game i.e. zerg

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
daoc_xianghua said:
some1 who excuses his zerging with "its as the game was meant to be" and later even say i prefer zerg over fg deserve no respect imo.

Yes I also keep a open mind like you, people that dont share my point of view deserves no respect o.0

I understand you hate zergers :fluffle:

I really think we´d be alot better of if the ppl wanting FG v. FG only find a designated area, this will mean zergs are in emain and the GG´s are elsewhere. They can not-add, and the zergs in emain can add.

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
Then the zergs go to where the GG's are to fuck everything up again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom