From a regular player point of view (reg. adding)

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
( bah long post :s )
Why do people add? Because they can kill the enemy and get a few RP.

Here´s a typical night in RvR for me, and I´m sure many others.
I try to find a group for RvR in alliance chat, broad and PM´s.
This takes anywhere from 5-45 min, pending on luck. Often I play my NS here while I wait, and guess what I add on FG v. FG fights when I see them.
Sometimes on 1v1 fights depending on my mood and luck during the night. (and what twat are fighting, some are add-allways ofc, some I never do)

Then I get into a group, now this is 90% of the times a put together grp of people with not all the "right" classes and RR´s can be from RR2 - 6. Experience variate in the same manner.

This means we cannot compete with GG´s. We cannot most of the time compete with the better RvR-alliance mixed groups, due to more experience overall and high RR and more RA´s.

With some luck we gather 10k RP in a night. Much from any smaller group of enemy we find and some soloers and adding onto other fights.

After carefull observation I´ve found that with running 1fg of random alliance people you win a 1fg v. 1fg fight about 3/10 runs. .

So after a random night in frontiers, you´ve been frustrated alot of the time, you have spent 4 hours and gained maybe 10k RP which feels like nothing to make progress on your character.

(some nights I run with guild, then the frustration is alot less due to no whine and more funny comments, we maybe win 2-3 more fights then usually. Tho we still mostly not an "op´d grp-setup" because thats not what we aim for)
---------

Teh Zerg.
Now on an other night like this weekend, I could join a BG and check /bg groups, ask a GL for room and get out into action within minutes. No frustrating waiting about.

We had fun fights, sometimes long massive ones with maybe ~30 hibs vs. ~30 mids, fighting them back to the tower, they winning ground back to Bridge, making a stand at bridge vs. both mids and albs in towers making funny 3xRealms fights!

We struggle to keep the group together so people dont run of, we have lots of laughs about people dyeing across the zone. We are often gimp-buffed and rezsick out of mana and struggling to stay alive in the havok!

I never once felt any frustration, I could take it all with a laugh and made more then 35k RP.

---------

So am I the only one thinking this is fun? We hit any and all enemy we find, so what if they fight someone else, who the hell isnt??! Theres little frustration and more progress to my char. I grow in RR and experience, find new tricks and maybe someday I can compete with the GG´s who knows.

But if all you GG want to fight just 1fg v. 1fg and never add on you, I will never gain RP, I will never be any match. What the hell is the fun in that?

Have any GG lost a 1fg. v 1fg fight this weekend vs. unknown people (ie. outside RvR alliances) with Warder over their heads? No. Because you win 8/10 fights, and I fail to see how that is any challenge and fun.

well nuff ranting, but you that run GG try to see that the other regular FG of random players dont see any fun in it as you do? Please?

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
sometimes PUG groups are pretty cool too.
also if someone got to rr9+ with a good group they deserve to be good, and win most fights.. they have put lot more effort than you in your rr2 char. do some pug groups, look for a guild with good lw rp, and you'll reach higher rr too, and can have very challenging battles with the opted old-timers fg.

where did you see the adding/leeching in this?
i didnt.

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
i remember alot of nights in OF where i went home (playing 4-5 hours) with not more then 2-3 k of points.

Martok

Part of the furniture
aye for 1 bring back the old days but ofc keep my current rr :p

but no i see were you are comming from @ low rr like yourself m8 vs's either an opted or pick up high rr group you will loose most times fg vs fg. say was an equal group to yourself you would have a challenging battle.

and group doesnt always need to be opted to win sumtimes having 1 too many of the wrong class can make it the right class. People whine about high rr and gg's wanting just fg on fg fights or solo fights without adds and tbh they pay there subs and thats what they would like to aim for! fg on fg realy does test a) your group setup B) your playing style and comunitcation c) your teams skill d) your skill to play as a team of 8. with fg fights you need to be in tune and as every single person in your group has a job 1 person doesnt do that job and well the gorup can start to go a bit messy.

======= the zerg =======

Zerg ok large number of your realm large number of the enamy realm i admit this can be fun if not manic but only on occastion i still prefer testing yourself and your group! as a zerg you dont rely on your group m8s as much as everyone on the battlefeild! you as a low rr will gain more rp's in a zerg as there is safty in numbers the amount of you make up for your rr when in fg on fg that is the other way around! in zerg fights there is no adding its already a zerg fight so you are just helping your realm fight the zerg!

and in answer to your adding why not? well zerg fests there is no adding just pure destruction! but in fg on fg just 1 extra person add's on either side throws the balence of the fight straight into that groups favour this is what ppl get pissed off about say its a good long hard fight and then you get added on you used all your abilitys and are winning and then say a stealther adds on the fight chances are they stealther will go for a healer doing so realy does screw that side hes attacking this is what ppl get pissed off about because the amount of stealthers out there its very hard now days to have a nice clean fight with out being added on by a stealther an it is realy anoying!

well thats my 2 copper

Aklaim

Fledgling Freddie
Well last night I was having a nice 1on1 with a hunter... I was on like 60% he was on 40% ish I landed DB then some wanker from Golden Age a Ranger added, So if Golden Age members dont mind adding on my fights I sure they wont mind me adding on them PS = RP's for FG vrs FG!

Obe

Fledgling Freddie
avarage joe... is it worth spend the time to be in opted grp? go ahead :p

Martok

Part of the furniture
Obe said:
avarage joe... is it worth spend the time to be in opted grp? go ahead :p

i only play 3 times a week if im lucky tbh :touch:

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Aklaim said:
Well last night I was having a nice 1on1 with a hunter... I was on like 60% he was on 40% ish I landed DB then some wanker from Golden Age a Ranger added, So if Golden Age members dont mind adding on my fights I sure they wont mind me adding on them PS = RP's for FG vrs FG!

They won't mind I guess. They take the game as it is. A game where anyone may play the way he likes as long as it is by the rules... and they don't shout "FUCK OFF" and "wankers" like somebody here does. :clap:

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
Aklaim said:
if you dont want adds dont fight on bridges mate

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
with my 49 valk i tried to take on cyclodia on excalibur (rr11+ shade or somthing) there was a zerker stood next to me while i got put into the ground. After i got cyclodia to around 50% hp (i was running dd chant) and after i died the zerker then added.

After asking why didnt you help he replied "i dont add on fights". OK i can see a 1 vs 1 fight that goes either way being fun but 1 vs 1 where one side is clearly outmatched isnt going to matter if you add or not.

Personally if im fighting and you add on my fight i dont care. If your that concerned about adding in a game thats let me add yet again REALM VS REALM. Then your playing the wrong game and should maybe try link up halo or somthing on an xbox.

addings fun if only to get 3000 pages of omg awarkle added on my fight.

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
Personally if im fighting and you add on my fight i dont care. If your that concerned about adding in a game thats let me add yet again REALM VS REALM. Then your playing the wrong game and should maybe try link up halo or somthing on an xbox.

addings fun if only to get 3000 pages of omg awarkle added on my fight.

If ppl dont want to add its their playstyle likewise its your playstyle to add.

I am kinda fed up with ppl whining about adding, or not adding with arguments like "its a realm versus realm game bla bla" / "its 1fg vs 1fg" stuff.

different ppl different taste , u dont like then /quit.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I agree Fungus. Annoys me when people let me die (like last night a group actually disengaged from some High RR Albs so the Albs could kill us) but I don't send anyone complaints or come here to moan.

I accept it's people's choice and get on with it. I wish people would do the same and stop sending me "Don't add please" comments cos my ignore list is getting long.

Aklaim

Fledgling Freddie
Adianna said:
They won't mind I guess. They take the game as it is. A game where anyone may play the way he likes as long as it is by the rules... and they don't shout "FUCK OFF" and "wankers" like somebody here does. :clap:

Shut up sasuage eating german

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Use the thing inside your head when you build your ROG groups.

If you have a fg, and are missing certain key classes I'm sure people have other chars they can log too. Thats what I see most midgroups doing. We know we need a shaman and 2-3 healers. So we ask around in the group if anyone has a healer alt or a zerker alt etc.

If you have the right setup you will kill stuff. Perhaps not a fg.. but you can still manage to kill 2 or 3 players in a GG.

And adding on an even fight with a stealther is just plain retarded. Instead of doing that you should add on they ones you see adding instead and thus make the fight even again.

I just find the hib zerg and alb zerg extremely annoying. You never see a mid zerg like that when you have insta port to our realm. :(

Martok

Part of the furniture
atos said:
I just find the hib zerg and alb zerg extremely annoying. You never see a mid zerg like that when you have insta port to our realm. :(

never see a mid zerg like that lol you are kidding me right ill post up some ss's if you like of showing just that!

alb has like 2 - 3 regular groups going atm and plenty of pug groups mids have about the same adn hibs have about 5 i think! the rest are pug groups.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
atos said:

and when exactly was that last?

you are very good at sounding innocent - scan back a few months here and you will find the qq - you guys have been very good at making sure there is no rvr in your realm. So less qq

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
and when exactly was that last?

you are very good at sounding innocent - scan back a few months here and you will find the qq - you guys have been very good at making sure there is no rvr in your realm. So less qq

A few months? Don't know how many mids it takes to be a zerg... but if that today wasn't a mid zerg, I don't want to see one. :D

Friea

Banned
if you add on fights then expect others to add on yours, and you know that feeling you get when you meet other player(s) which are the same numbers as you and you win because of skill and not by zerging them.

that feeling is the reason you play daoc no?

I dont know about you but i get that feeling when i play 8vs8 and win, not when i run in zerg and f8 kills everything or get f8 killed myself.

if you wanna add sure go ahead nobody can stop you but isnt it abit like playing fotball in daocpvp and what is the fun in beating the other fotball team when you are 22 and they are 11?

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
Boggy said:
Yeah I agree Fungus. Annoys me when people let me die (like last night a group actually disengaged from some High RR Albs so the Albs could kill us) but I don't send anyone complaints or come here to moan.

I accept it's people's choice and get on with it. I wish people would do the same and stop sending me "Don't add please" comments cos my ignore list is getting long.

actually that was us doing that , ppl add on us fine ... we disengage and move on.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
So if I read this right the more experienced high RR GG´s think its ok to add 1fg? But its not ok to Zerg. And its ok for them to let realmmates die, letting realm mates get no RP, gaining nothing and standing still in the RP chart.

I tought a realm fight together as a community, trying to help eachother to make progress on their chars so everyone get a better chance.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
who expects random pickup groups not to add, they cant stand a chance fg vs fg vs a set GG.

random group fighting fg vs fg vs set GG is not a fair fight.
3fgs vs a set GG is not fair either.
haveing different classes is not allways fair either, so just stop the qq and live with it, more add-qq now than ever, even if it used to be alot worse before......

Lokir

Fledgling Freddie
Ohh another ADD thread =)

I can understand ppl adding and i can understand ppl who dont like it.
Is it that hard to understand others?? Somehow i find most ppl (not all)
who come here and preach for non add adding anyway!!!

Here we have a key factor..If you dont want add dont add yourself
and accept that other add on you from time to time. The game engine
dont stop adds and untill nothing changes in that area live with it when it
happens

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
if you only want fg vs fg, take your roaming where random groups dont roam, if you however like to farm those certan groups, dont bitch when you get ganked by them when fighting another guild grp, or so.

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
Luz said:
So if I read this right the more experienced high RR GG´s think its ok to add 1fg? But its not ok to Zerg. And its ok for them to let realmmates die, letting realm mates get no RP, gaining nothing and standing still in the RP chart.

I tought a realm fight together as a community, trying to help eachother to make progress on their chars so everyone get a better chance.

like i already said different ppl different taste, if you want to add fine with me if you dont, also fine with me just stop the QQ-ing.

And yes i dont like ppl adding on us but cant help it if they do(e.g. i wont bitch in /s). If they choose to add we will disengage the fight and move on. Even if that means let Realm mates die.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
sux to get farmed by pugs i guess, hurts teh egos !

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I have to be honest, if as a random group/individual you dont add then you would probably end up with little points what so ever.

I run in a guild group and there are a couple of hib guild groups (GA/Legacy that kind of level) and PE, that when we meet we hardly make a dent in. Seriously if we kill a couple of them, we look on it as a result. It takes enough time just to chew through their 2 * DI.

So what chance has a random group of lower levels got. If people zerg then so be it. They need numbers to stand a chance.

Hell last night the mids at time had trouble getting out of their keep (dun crim), but in the end all the hib groups ended creating a dam which overflowed with mids which created a zerg towards the end of the evening.

Though there were a couple of outstanding fights in the bowl east of dun crim that went on for ages ... nice fopping and healer btw by the hib group in the corner on one fight.

For all those that moan about adding, just think as a GG how you would feel if you had session in your group and were often scoring between 5 - 10K for 4 hours play, I am sure you would be not be happy.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
By all people here replying "dont QQ" and that kind of great posts, just leave it alone.

This thread does not apply to thoose who allready is ok with one or the other, people with open minds are not target of this thread.

I want to try and make people from the extreme-side of both ends understand. Most GG´s and Zergers (some of them allready understand).

The concept is not to hard to grasp, "do whats needed to have fun", and is clearly defined differently by everyone.
But the ones whining the hardest from both ends are narrowminded as hell, since they try to press their point of view onto others like some dictators instead of accepting that people play different.

My goal was to aim the first post of the thread to them who cant understand adding and maybe explain in a civiled way how its from my side of the fence, and why I have to add to win vs. them. And why I could find great fun in big wide TRUE Realm vs. Realm fights (ie. more then fg v fg).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom