Freddyshouse MC server after 1.8

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Ok guys, after seeing the poll thread. And heard alot of the opinions of you great fellas, I've come to a conclusion on what is beeing done with the server!

The moment a reasonable build releases(Wont be long), I will recreate the server totally. This server will at start only have 1 newly generated world! It will also be in a vanilla state(no plugins or anything at start).

At the same time, I will recreate parts of Southland into Northland, to make it into 1 world. And making sure that no major structures that people have spent ages on will be left out! The plugins will then again be invented back into the server, except for some small changes.(MCMMO will come back, and all the stats returned etc)

So I would like you, to take this step as a "holiday" and explore the new Minecraft as it is supposed to be! You start out with nothing, and will have to survive out there in the new dangerous world with pre-made villages and caves!

Hope this is a solution that everyone likes, and if there is anything else. I am here to support you!

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Sounds cool to me - will you be able to save my stadium? I don't care much about the house as all it does is serve as an entrance to the caves :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
As Northland is the world I will use as the "base" for Southland, all structures there will be saved. So no worries =)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You can ignore my buildings cho, i'm moving fresh to the new world anyway and moving my tunnel complex would be way too much work. The spider is cool and all, but i can always make a better one ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh yeah, just as an "insurance" question to all;

Anything we build in this new world will be left there, after the server is finalised&merged right?

So people can start buildung their grand plans right away without fear of deletion.

Also...does this mean creepers go boom? :D

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Oh yeah, just as an "insurance" question to all;

Anything we build in this new world will be left there, after the server is finalised&merged right?

So people can start buildung their grand plans right away without fear of deletion.

Also...does this mean creepers go boom? :D

Anything you start building in the new world, will ofcourse be left there. And yeah, aslong as the server is running vanilla the creepers go bom :p

Nate

FH is my second home
I'm back! and I want the update now ><

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
aslong as the server is running vanilla the creepers go bom :p

Time to dig an anti-creeper moat then :p I plan on building inside a mountain tho, the new terrain is amazing on mountains :) makes hollowing them out worth while.

I'm back! and I want the update now ><

Same! can't wait to play because the update is bloody fun! especially having to keep yourself well fed.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So all the stuff I have built over the last few days will remain? Sweet.

Will update tonight and have a play around in single player then!

PieOpaH13

Regular Freddie
cool Chosen best of both worlds...;) will have a romp around looking for creepers to hug... and good to get away from sphinx, just starting to get tough at mo so a welcome break.... oh and can u pick up monster spawn blocks now??

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
just waiting for the vanilla server now ;> then mining shall commence.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I will see what I can do for you guys tonight =)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Actually, I overdid myself. And the server is up and running with 1.8.1 now! Remember guys, this is a vanilla server atm(The plugins wont be coming back before a recommended release is here for the pluginauthors to work on).

The same goes for Northland and Southland!

Thanks to you, I am now already 40min to late for a dinner xD

Everz

FH is my second home
Am I whitelisted for the FH server still?

How do I get the update?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Aye, you should be Everz. Just click yes when you get the question on updating, when running the client =)

Everz

FH is my second home
Yeh got that, laptop had classic client installed.. now to remember how to do anything hah.

Nate

FH is my second home
was just on for about an hour disconnected myself after loneliness set in

Blodappelsin

Loyal Freddie
Oh, this is exciting. :D Loving the new sprint function. Will be fun to explore a new world. Good job, Chosen!

Edit: BloodOmen, I can connect just fine. Sure you have updated correctly? I got that message yesterday, when the versions were conflitcting.
Edit2: nvm, ofc that is v 1.8. Weird.

Nate

FH is my second home
have you got some mods installed like texture packs? might be why..dunno

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
says beta 1.8.1 - i'll delete it and reinstall the lot 1 mo!

Edit: still saying no, any ports I should forward? just got new net so not sure if thats it.

Nate

FH is my second home
haven't played on the server for a few months but it just works after updating for me :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
What ip are you logging in with nate? some digging around the net revealed a fair few people are having the same issue and some are saying using the servers proper IP address fixes it

"I have identified the issue to be the server address. I was using a domain to connect and using the direct IP address allowed me to get on."

Taken from Bukkit forums

Chosen

Resident Freddy
To the ones not able to connect using the freddyshouse IP. Try use: zebra498.startdedicated.com instead! As for myself, I got no problems connecting to it! But it might be a common problem with 1.8.1(always bugged when there is new releases).

If this still wont work, just come back to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom