Freddyfield 2 - revisited

Yaka

Part of the furniture
fucking mint server, joined a squad call spec ops or somat shit, turns out to full of yanks and the best game i played by far on a pub. btw ban yoni for constantly carpet bombing peeps :)

screen004.jpg

just about legged it far enuff from his spamming habits that time

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
babs said:
Just use ASE yuck. You can easily find this server then, and for others you can find those with 2 or 3 spaces left and still get on in the time it takes to open the game.

Does ASE work with BF2 now? As in, can I join through ASE?

Feck I hope so, I can never find the Freddys server or ZhG's :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
.Wilier. said:
Feck I hope so, I can never find the Freddys server or ZhG's :(

I can, though for the life of me I've not yet seen anyone off the forum on the Freddyfield one :( what's the ZhG one Wilier? now that I'm officially old I want to get colostomy bags thrown at me by my pears, not by those young whippersnappers :/

Poag

m00?
oh we are there...i use a different name as Gale was taken [its Poag, usually found runnign around with Sockmanship / Sockstuff] a guys called Fidge. and a guy called MrCheese.

Usually in a squad called 'Freddy' :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The KEA server also has me (sometimes) and Babs ,Athan and other people what you will know I expect like on it.
The ip is 85.236.101.34:16667

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
TdC said:
I can, though for the life of me I've not yet seen anyone off the forum on the Freddyfield one :( what's the ZhG one Wilier? now that I'm officially old I want to get colostomy bags thrown at me by my pears, not by those young whippersnappers :/

Hey, join us Teed's we rock (in an old kinda way, kinda like Quo or Iron Maiden ;))

The IP is 85.236.101.19:17471 and its a 36 man server, so we get a choice of 32 or 64 man maps. Almost always full, although if you join the clan, you can ask one of the admins in teamspeak to kick people off and join in their place :D

Have a look at the forums if you fancy a spin, I think you can have a free trial for a month or so before deciding to join (ie. Pay the £25)

Gowann son, you know you want too.

PS. An added bonus is that you get to shoot Laz as many times as you like, cos he's a n00b at BF2 ;)

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
LOL Willier ya cnut.

Teeds - MOST of what willy has said is true - apart from me being a BF2 Noob - (im not that good yet)

Embattle

FH is my second home
I just keep banging the refresh button then connect as soon as I see a space.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
how the fuck are peeps taking out choppers with anti tank rockets? 2 peeps in myu squad cunted a black hawk, whitch exploded then fell on me

Redh3lix

Fledgling Freddie
Embattle said:
I just keep banging the refresh button then connect as soon as I see a space.

There is a program within the download section of BF2Nation that automatically connects you when a space is available. It's called BF2AutoLoader.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Yaka said:
how the fuck are peeps taking out choppers with anti tank rockets? 2 peeps in myu squad cunted a black hawk, whitch exploded then fell on me
Takes 2 or 3 AT rockets, the tail seems good to aim for. Allegedly the exhaust ports for the engines are another good spot. Just takes some practice :).

-Ath

TdC

Lazarus said:
LOL Willier ya cnut.

Teeds - MOST of what willy has said is true - apart from me being a BF2 Noob - (im not that good yet)

nore am I matey, nore am I :) though I do have a gold medal from my first stint as a commander, of which I am very proud :)

Poag

m00?
Freddyfield has been renewed for a second months service.

I'm currently looking at ways of getting more than 1 server running more games [ie a 64 man and a couple fo smaller ones for people who like the smaller games :p]

Yaka

Part of the furniture
any chance of not being swapped to another team when yer been on the same side for like 3 or 4 maps? hate it when i get switched just as i find a decent squad to be in

TdC

I was there yesterday, and sucked just the same as I always do ;) methinkee that 64man servers aren't my thing. too much chaos :/ I met up with a nice american bloke and we played on a 16 player official server for a while. now to try out a 32x server and I'll have a proper opinion to vent :)

Athan

Resident Freddy
TdC said:
methinkee that 64man servers aren't my thing. too much chaos :/ I met up with a nice american bloke and we played on a 16 player official server for a while. now to try out a 32x server and I'll have a proper opinion to vent :)
Exactly my opinion of 64 man servers.

I like 32 player, but am going to have to get used to 16 player more for clan matches :/.

-Ath, who does like to fly some of the time

TdC

I'll discuss 32x servers with you after tonight then ;) on the other hand, chopper drivers who don't realize that hueys have to broadside and attack choppers have to face front piss me off no end. if you're willing to fly for me I'd be more than pleased to shoot things for you ;)

-tdc, who's discovered the joy of pasting someone with a vulcan

Poag

m00?
Cept the Cobra and the Chinese helis miniguns is either

A- god awfull and you can hit peopel in the face and it doens't register

B- Godly and if it lands within 10 mile sof the nmy it kills them

Seriously we came up behind this sniper once..i started shooting at him [while he was prone] with the chaingun and he just would not die..in the end i jumped out and shot him with my rifle.

TdC

arrr, I was a bit peeved that people were getting up and running away after I'd unleased half a tonne of hot metal on them. now I know. or perhaps it was just my crapness? ;)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yaka said:
any chance of not being swapped to another team when yer been on the same side for like 3 or 4 maps? hate it when i get switched just as i find a decent squad to be in

I can't decide if this is worse, or the situation I find on servers without autobalance where you suddenly find yourself outnumbered 3 to 1 if you're playing MEC or Chinese...:(

Athan

Resident Freddy
Aye, there's no simple solution to autobalance.

I guess once a sufficiently stable Python hack server-side is available what you'll do is set the game's inbuilt autobalance to 0 and rely on the script to do it. That script being a bit more intelligent, like not changing a commander or squad leader ever, unsquadded people first and only squadded if no other choice. It can also do things like letting it slide for 2 minutes to see if things sort themselves out, rather than switching someone the moment there's a 2 player imbalance and some poor sod dies.

-Ath

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom