Freddyfield 2 - revisited

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Theres only about 19 threads telling you that EA have fucked up the patch and you got to re-install, dont worry about it :p

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
ZhG have just taken ownership of an MPUK 36man Ranked server too, but we all have admin so if the servers full, we can kick anyone to get a game :)

Poag

m00?
Wondered what the servers doing?

server_4653_hour.png

Not a smegging lot [at time of writing]

last 24 hours

server_4653_day.png

Last 7 Days

server_4653_week.png

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
is the server nerfed Gale? Ive just looked and Im buggered if I can find it, or any MPUK servers tbh. Searched on Fred, Freddy, Freddyshouse, just came in with Freds fight shack or some such crap. :(

Fidge

Fledgling Freddie
Same here, all of multiplay's servers seem to be down at the moment for some reason.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
It's nothing to do with Multiplay, Gamespy are the ones having the problems with the master lists. Servers are showing up at random it seems. The hosts and EA are aware of it and pressing, it seems Gamespy was DDOS'd the other night (remember the very long wait for login etc?) and this may be part of the fallout from it.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
at least you got the score lists at the end of the games now :)

but if i give you a tenner will you take kubra dam out of rotation? :)

Poag

m00?
aww but Kubra is sooo much fun in a black hawk...with socks piloting and me in a minigun spot :)

152 score? thank you very much :p

Athan

Resident Freddy
Kubra is a bit of a pain due to having to go up then down too much if you want to hold the CP in the dam, or do anything with the Chinese base. But I still like it.

If the server is still crashing now and then I'd probably just randomise/rotate the set map rotation once every few days to give every map a lookin.

-Ath

Poag

m00?
crashes have been fixed now...if you watch the little red line its constantly at 200mb mark. MPUK worked up a fix of there own and put it on servers last ngiht.

However

If people would liek too suggest map rotations your mroe than welcome too.

Maps are

Strike at Karkand
Kubra Dam
Songhua Stalemate
Dalian Plant
Dragon valley
Fushe Pass
Mashtuur City
Op Clean Sweep [yuk]
Sharqi Peninsula
Gulf of Oman
Daqing Oilfields
Zatar Wetlands

i'm thinkign of dropping some or the Chinese ones, Dalian Plant is ok..Oilfields drop Cleansweep drop.

Might even spice things up a little by dropping some fo the maps too a 32 person map...64 guys on a 32 man map...madness :)

So...work up yours lists..i'll pick three and put them in as changable profiles on the server.

Moving Target

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm...I don't like Dalian Plant, and Kubra Dam is quite terrible imo. I don't like the city ones either personally. Gulf of Oman and Dragon Valley are my favourites

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Moving Target said:
Hmm...I don't like Dalian Plant, and Kubra Dam is quite terrible imo. I don't like the city ones either personally. Gulf of Oman and Dragon Valley are my favourites

Sacrilege! Karkand and Sharqi Peninsular are two of the best maps easily. Bored with Gulf of Oman now. Dragon Valley and FuShe Pass are the best two Chinese maps imho, although I quite like Songhua Stalemate just because the atmosphere's a bit different to all of the others.

I'd have:

Karkand
Sharqi
Mashtuur City
Zatar Wetlands
Dragon Valley
FuShe Pass
Sonhua Stalemate
Dalian

Moving Target

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry, but I feel as if the city maps are repetitive and undynamic. Each man to their own I guess. Maybe one would do heh :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
why the heck is it that when ever i try to join the server its all ways full!

Athan

Resident Freddy
Yaka said:
why the heck is it that when ever i try to join the server its all ways full!
Because it's a popular game at peak times :).

In lieu of a 'reserved slots' password system (although there are scripts to do something like this, but with fixed list of nicks only I think), you want to pop into #fh.bf2 and ask if anyone can kick a couple of people to open up space for you.

-Ath (yes, DICE suck in not thinking of this issue)

weevil

Fledgling Freddie
yea, just kick the fucking randoms, noone wants em there!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
arrr we don't be liking offcomers 'round these parts laddie

*menace*

Poag

m00?
heh..i'm asking everyday for the reserved slots...everyday i hear 'soon'

Also theres a fairly high turn over of people at map end, once an hour and round end, once every 30 mins

So those are the key times. The best thing to do is jump into the irc channel [only about 10 of us in there] and poke me sock or starman to boot someone off.

TdC

not that I've even been on the server yet ;)

please tell me it's not just the commanders lobbing shells at each other while the rest try to find the biggest armor they can find to drive about aimlessly :(

Athan

Resident Freddy
Of course not TdC, the best use of armour is to find as many enemy infantry as possible (preferably not AT) and mow them down for that uber kill-run :D.

-Ath

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
OK I've re-installed with the patch. I can confirm thought that the server browser is poo. I wonder what part of "populated + NOT full" it is struggling with. Also it refuses to filter on fred, so whats the ip now because it seems to have changed?
ta.

TdC

I may be up for a game or three tonight, but looking at that permanently full server I hesitate. I'm not really the sort to ask for someone to kick someone else off just so I can display my lack of skills :(

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Just use ASE yuck. You can easily find this server then, and for others you can find those with 2 or 3 spaces left and still get on in the time it takes to open the game.

Athan

Resident Freddy
And the easiest thing to do is 'copy' your BF2 desktop shortcut (which means right click -> send to -> desktop), then change the target to be:
"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +joinServer 85.236.101.15 +port 16668
or equivalent if you installed to a different path.

I just wish it would bung those details in the 'connect to IP' dialogue so if it fails first time you can retry easily.

HTH,

-Ath

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom