Forum fun...

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've got ABS on my Civic Type-R and tbfh I find it quite disconcerting.

I've always been very happy to cadence break (in fact, when I was learning to drive I did it naturally, and only found out what it was called when someone pointed it out to me) but when the ABS kicks in it just doesn't feel right.

I'm also not a great fan of power steering. You should have to muscle your car around tight corners. I want a big long stick connected to my wheels so I can tell exactly what they're doing.

But I still love my car :)

You need a classic mini :)

FWNuke

Fledgling Freddie
They've done studies on ABS systems that show that they cause more accidents than non ABS cars because when people feel the pedal bumping back, they let up on the brakes.

You're supposed to jam the brakes down and keep it down. I don't know if they got rid of that brake "feedback" nonsense or not.

rynnor

Rockhound
ABS + Traction Control is pretty good - saved me a few times - only problem with traction control is if you try to drive up an icy/snowy hill I think where it kicks in and can actually stop you climbing the hill :p

Grits

Fledgling Freddie
Wow - they must be stellar debaters if they can carry that one off I mean how do they explain ships disappearing over the horizon, satellites and the earth viewed from space?

Obviously, it is all done in a studio in Hollywood like the faked moon landings!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Love one, but too tall Jup. Used to love my mates Mini Cooper S. Until it went anywhere near a speed bump.

Or a cats eye :(

You can easily accomodate taller folks in the classic, you just need to adjust the seat (plenty of advice/kits available) a bit :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
the earth viewed from space?

Their argument is that it's a huge conspiracy, the images from space don't exist, they're all computer generated or doctored.

Unless you've been in space yourself and have seen it with your own eyes, can you really, truly know??!?!?! eleven one!!!!!! question mark

rynnor

Rockhound
Obviously, it is all done in a studio in Hollywood like the faked moon landings!

Hah - I played Devils Advocate and defended that one once and that was hard enough but if you go for the flat earth theory you have to throw out Newtonian Physics and replace it with god knows what.

rynnor

Rockhound

SWtarget

Fledgling Freddie
just on a different tact (and non-flammatory one at that)

what states are all you Americans from - i've visited a few of them in my time and kinda curious (and no - this doesnt mean Ill be visiting all y'all )
Somewhere in the 100+ pages, someone referred to my section of the continent as "flyover country." Apparently they have no use for open spaces, cornfields and friendly people.

Which suits me fine. Generally speaking, the inhabitants on both the east and left coasts have strange notions and peculiar accents. Comes from being so tightly packed in those mega-cities of theirs.

:touch:

FWNuke

Fledgling Freddie
Actually you could buy a cheap weather balloon + digital camera and get pics that actually show the curvature of the earth :

BBC News - Yorkshire space enthusiast records Earth using balloon

Edit - I reckon you could mount a reasonable defence of the Hollow Earth theory though.

That's really great! I wish the story was more detailed. That film was amazing.

What I wondered is how far that balloon would drift and how he was able to retrieve the camera. Seems like that thing would travel pretty far and have a good chance of dropping that camera in the ocean or someplace remote.

I see he has a tracking device, but how did he get to the camera after it came down in a parachute?

Jail Bait

Fledgling Freddie
Love one, but too tall Jup. Used to love my mates Mini Cooper S. Until it went anywhere near a speed bump.

Or a cats eye :(
Lay the seat back a little and make sure the car doesnt have a sun roof (gives about 2-3 inches more head room)

Jail Bait

Fledgling Freddie
Not touching your breaks very much at all helps in winter conditions :D

The JDM H22A is an old speedy Honda VTEC engine right? I know that old hondas had really good 'uns. (In fact, Honda does really fucking good engines period).

If I'm honest, I never really liked cars themselves, I just liked driving them quickly. Of course, until this year, when the number of points on my licence has now become prohibitive.

I'm jealous of your ice-driving ways! I was going to avoid coming over the pond after my visit to the retarded states, but Canada is becoming more and more appealing :D
Yes the Japan Domestic Market H22A VTEC that I have in the car makes about 220 hp stock plus the little goodies that I have added.

Here is some Ice racing to wet your appetite (Chevette class)
YouTube - Chevette Ice Racing

Kryten

Old Cow.
I want to ice race :|

Trouble is, as soon as we get a small flurry of snow the country grinds to a halt, it's ridiculous. A drive to work like that would at least be interesting :D

rynnor

Rockhound
That's really great! I wish the story was more detailed. That film was amazing.

What I wondered is how far that balloon would drift and how he was able to retrieve the camera. Seems like that thing would travel pretty far and have a good chance of dropping that camera in the ocean or someplace remote.

I see he has a tracking device, but how did he get to the camera after it came down in a parachute?

It looks like they dont actually travel that far from the launch site so he can just drive to them using the GPS tracker.

All the details here - quite tempting isnt it :)

Introduction The Icarus Project

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I think brother-mother is more appropriate. Also bromance has a very different meaning over there.

FWNuke

Fledgling Freddie
Look at my puppy, Jake. Isn't he cute?

Jake.jpg

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Well aside from looking a little bit like a zombie dog, yes very cute :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom