Football : Worlds best Striker!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
@ Cho - thats because Essien is a fucking god :p

Essien is your best player, infact everytime I see him play he goes up and up in my estimation. Another year or two of this standard from him and I will consider him alongside the midfield greats of all time, the bloke is like one of the 300 Spartans, a backs to the wall and never say die midfield general.

Keitan

Banned
Joe has pace, did you not see his goals against Blackburn and Everton in recent weeks? And vs Liverpool last year in the CL.

And who needs a left foot when you can do this

YouTube - J. Cole Rabona @ Emirates
[youtubevid]bZxXx6QmP1s[/youtubevid]

:p:D;)

everyone can do that... hes just a show off.... Gerrard and Alonso movement. and passing skill and shooting skill is just immense.... since we aer doing the youtube shit. how about this :D ?

YouTube - Xabi Alonso v Newcastle
[youtubevid]whxCIXBMvBk[/youtubevid]

and this

YouTube - Xabi V luton
[youtubevid]ejUGnA496Lc[/youtubevid]

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I am sorry Vlad, I love you dearly, like an incestuos sister infact but you are wrong. Joe Cole is slow bordering on average paced at best, he has zero left foot and costantly compromises (when playing left wing for England) attacks by moving the ball onto his right foot.

Maybe not, we'll agree to disagree then.

In the occasions he plays on the right i think his control is better than most - SWP has lightning pace but as with other players of his calibre (particularly nimble, stupidly quick) but his control isn't great, almost as if he's moving faster than the he can move the ball.

Joe has been fantastic for us wherever he's played and long may it continue.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I've admittedly not been watching Chelsea in other tournaments than CL, but cole annoys me bigtime when he's doing his step-overs. They're fucking shit :)

other than that, I can't comment on him.

Compare a Cole stepover to a Ronaldo stepover, it is like night and day. Done properly it can skin a defender and allow space for a cross or shot, done in a static position slowly it is totally ineffective. Cole should stick to what he does best, nice short interplay and playing the strikers in on goal with clever balls.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Keitan - what do those show though? That he can score when the keeper is stranded? :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Maybe not, we'll agree to disagree then.

In the occasions he plays on the right i think his control is better than most - SWP has lightning pace but as with other players of his calibre (particularly nimble, stupidly quick) but his control isn't great, almost as if he's moving faster than the he can move the ball.

Joe has been fantastic for us wherever he's played and long may it continue.

SWP's feet move faster than his tiny mind can calculate the play sadly, if he had the vision and passing of Beckham combined with his own pace he would be utterly devastating.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Compare a Cole stepover to a Ronaldo stepover, it is like night and day. Done properly it can skin a defender and allow space for a cross or shot, done in a static position slowly it is totally ineffective. Cole should stick to what he does best, nice short interplay and playing the strikers in on goal with clever balls.

I agree - which is what he seems to have been doing in more recent games from what i've watched.

If he's not doing this then he's drifting infield playing on the shoulders of the centre backs and, quite frankly, making them look like silly sausages.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH

I'm not saying it cant be used for anything - just that Cole isn't that good at it. You could also clearly see the difference when England played Brazil :)

EDIT: And Recoba is still the master of rabonas :p it's just a shame he has been injured half of his career.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
watch them all and u see

The first two were pretty average, anyone getting paid XX thousand a week should be able to hit an open goal from however far out :p

Second one was pretty good but it was against Luton.

Last two are good - Alonso's passing is class no doubt, but where will he play with Gerrard if they've just forked out for Mascherano?

Keitan

Banned
The first two were pretty average, anyone getting paid XX thousand a week should be able to hit an open goal from however far out :p

Second one was pretty good but it was against Luton.

Last two are good - Alonso's passing is class no doubt, but where will he play with Gerrard if they've just forked out for Mascherano?

well im really pissed off atm.......

4-4-2.

we havnt got good enough wingers for this..... but we have 3 quality midfielders and a few strikers.....

4-3-3!

this would work perfect with liverpool... all we need is a pair of quality fullbacks...

gerrard masch alonso
kuyt/babel crouch torres

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I'm not saying it cant be used for anything - just that Cole isn't that good at it. You could also clearly see the difference when England played Brazil :)

EDIT: And Recoba is still the master of rabonas :p it's just a shame he has been injured half of his career.

No I know that bud, I was just doing a contrast and compare.

Himse

FH is my second home

4-4-2.

we havnt got good enough wingers for this..... but we have 3 quality midfielders and a few strikers.....

4-3-3!

this would work perfect with liverpool... all we need is a pair of quality fullbacks...

gerrard masch alonso
kuyt/babel crouch torres

They still won't make the european championships :D

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Bah you would not find me watching 22 guys chase a run away ball over a field. And people wonder why there are so many fotball hooligans? Open the closet door and let them out.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

4-4-2.

4-3-3!

gerrard masch alonso
kuyt/babel crouch torres

You need to rid of the likes of Finnan, Pennant and Kewell before you can properly rebuild that side. I am not conviced with Kuyt either and Crouch can be effective in certain situations but the way Liverpool usually play isn't really suited to him. I think Kuyt should be sold along with that useless bag of moneyspunk Voronin, replace them with Micheal Owen and Robbie Keane.

As for who to replace Kewell and Pennant with, hard to say really but maybe someone like Van Der Vaart and Joaquin?

Keitan

Banned
They still won't make the european championships :D

shame u cant get in the final......... and we will make the top 4 at end of season :D

3 years
3 knock outs for chelsea by liverpool
3 finals
2 cups won
1 lost (sadly :p)

atm im not so sure on rafa.. i think he is a very very good manager......... i dont think its him under achieveing i think its the plaers atm... 3 finals in 3 years is quite dam good :D specially when we knock chelsea out in all 3 of those hehe

Keitan

Banned
You need to rid of the likes of Finnan, Pennant and Kewell before you can properly rebuild that side. I am not conviced with Kuyt either and Crouch can be effective in certain situations but the way Liverpool usually play isn't really suited to him. I think Kuyt should be sold along with that useless bag of moneyspunk Voronin, replace them with Micheal Owen and Robbie Keane.

As for who to replace Kewell and Pennant with, hard to say really but maybe someone like Van Der Vaart and Joaquin?

AGREE AGREE AGREE :p

Robbie Keane is o.k ...... lol :D but if he comes he will want finnan to stay...
and michael owen wont come back. and he never scores :(

i think David Villa will come in august... he will be on the move deffo... and possibly Aimar inc to us... VdV is quality but im not too sure on him

Quarsema and Belluschi pretty please

Taiwo on the full back.. and on the other possibly hmmm ;) micah richards ( doubt he will come but :p )

taiwo is one for the future

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I don't think Richards will leave City - he's established himself as a pivotal part of team and Man City are on their way up - he'll want to stay there where he knows he's going to get better and better.

I'm not sure Villa would cut it in the Premiership, the 4 times i've seen him against Chelsea in the last <12 months he's been kept incredibly quiet by our back 4.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
AGREE AGREE AGREE :p

Robbie Keane is o.k ...... lol :D but if he comes he will want finnan to stay...
and michael owen wont come back. and he never scores :(

i think David Villa will come in august... he will be on the move deffo... and possibly Aimar inc to us... VdV is quality but im not too sure on him

Quarsema and Belluschi pretty please

Taiwo on the full back.. and on the other possibly hmmm ;) micah richards ( doubt he will come but :p )

taiwo is one for the future

Villa + Torres?? Aight! Spain's national attack duo, and we all know where they end up on every international tournament... You would be in for a big surprise :p

Keitan

Banned
Villa + Torres?? Aight! Spain's national attack duo, and we all know where they end up on every international tournament... You would be in for a big surprise :p

;(

torres and who then? i dont know a good striker to partner him.... maybe michael owen

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
;(

torres and who then? i dont know a good striker to partner him.... maybe michael owen

Torres always needed a "big" 9 at his side. I know his score rate in PL this season is good, but trust me, he always crack.

If it were my pick I'd say: Torres + sum1 the likes of Forlan/VN/Drogba/Benzema/Huntelaar... you get the idea. Benzema is looking hot and I bet will be on of the most wanted "girlfriends" this summer. And I always liked Huntelaar, if he ends up becoming just half the player VN is... jeez!

Lethul

FH is my second home
Torres always needed a "big" 9 at his side. I know his score rate in PL this season is good, but trust me, he always crack.

If it were my pick I'd say: Torres + sum1 the likes of Forlan/VN/Drogba/Benzema/Huntelaar... you get the idea. Benzema is looking hot and I bet will be on of the most wanted "girlfriends" this summer. And I always liked Huntelaar, if he ends up becoming just half the player VN is... jeez!

torres + zlatan !?

altho i like Villa wouldn't mind him in lpool at all :)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
torres + zlatan !?

altho i like Villa wouldn't mind him in lpool at all :)

Well, from my POV Zlatan and Torres are pretty much the same kind of player. I'd partner them with a pure striker to get the maximum from them :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Hands off Huntelaar, his is United's next legendary striker! :D :p ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
united seem to be signing every fucking one atm.....

its getting out of hand...

and thats just a rumour.

Eh? We haven't signed anyone this transfer window, except for Manucho who is off to Greece for the rest of the season. We only signed 3 players last summer, that is pretty quiet by any standards.

Marc

FH is my second home
Interesting to note that the fat spanish waiter, in his tenure at Liverpool has spent more on transfer fees than Sir Alex has in the same period. Yet whilst United have signed players like Tevez, Anderson, Nani and Hargreaves, Liverpool have signed Torres and a load of muppets.

Imagine if a bona fide top drawer manager like moyes had £150m+ to spend in 4 years, everton would be challenging for the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom