[Football] Mon you Villa!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Seems i misread something.

Oh well, liverpool are still shit :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
and man u and chelsea are still over rated shit

Which makes your mob 'massively over-rated shit' or do you forget all the claims about 'this is our year' made earlier on? :p

soze

I am a FH squatter
Happily Arsenal are massivly underrated seeing as at the start of the season we were touted as out of champions league finishers and yet here we are.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
There is a difference between being good and constantly telling us that you will/deserve to win things this year because of you amazing squad.

Liverpool have underperformed its quite simple, you are no longer the 4th best team in the league and 5th is gonna be have to be fought for.

I have said this once before there is only 3 players in the Liverpool squad any of the other top 3 would take Gerrard, Torres and Carragher as cover. The rest are bit part players

gohan

FH is my second home
I bid for real Arsenal Fan title then Born North London exiled to Essex but still make 15 games a season :p

im a real liverpool fan, cause my step dad left liverpool when he was 8 (YES STEP DAD) and told me to support them so i did and now i cry myself to sleep, i should have been sensible like my brother an chose arsenal, but no i had to be a liverpool fan, its fucking melee scouts all over again

gohan

FH is my second home
also.....

vlad got drew into a shit slinging contest with kietan MWAAHAHAHAHHAAHa

and personal i agree with kietan on "SOME" levels, IE chelsea and man u havent built up a squad they just went out an bought 1 (yes yes so did liverpool this year but really? buying players from teams that just got relegated (penant/crouch/kewell) or jsut survived (benayoun finnan masherano) just isnt the way foward, apart from masher, he is the DON)

id prefer arsenal to win it as they have a young squad that did FA for 2 years and they spent very little on them, so they deserve it most out of the big 4

Corran

Part of the furniture
also.....

and personal i agree with kietan on "SOME" levels, IE chelsea and man u havent built up a squad they just went out an bought 1 (yes yes so did liverpool this year but really? buying players from teams that just got relegated (penant/crouch/kewell) or jsut survived (benayoun finnan masherano) just isnt the way foward, apart from masher, he is the DON)

id prefer arsenal to win it as they have a young squad that did FA for 2 years and they spent very little on them, so they deserve it most out of the big 4

If you look at the bases of the squad then they not really gone out and buy a team. Infact the only regular player could be said to be Tevez. Anderson played a fair bit also I admit, and hopefully will continue to do so, lets say 2 then out of the squad play regular. Nani, plays now and again. Hargreaves hasnt got going yet due to injuries. Yes they spent a decent amount of money however it was on very few players and it wasnt to buy a squad. Alot of our players have been there for quite some time afteral.

I heard something interesting today and didnt actually realise it was so bad. In the last 3 years Benetiz has spent over £130million in the transfer market. However this is spent on 33 players. It no wonder that they arent as strong as they could be as there alot of money being wasted, if i were the owners i wouldnt give him any more!

gohan

FH is my second home
If you look at the bases of the squad then they not really gone out and buy a team. Infact the only regular player could be said to be Tevez. Anderson played a fair bit also I admit, and hopefully will continue to do so, lets say 2 then out of the squad play regular. Nani, plays now and again. Hargreaves hasnt got going yet due to injuries. Yes they spent a decent amount of money however it was on very few players and it wasnt to buy a squad. Alot of our players have been there for quite some time afteral.

I heard something interesting today and didnt actually realise it was so bad. In the last 3 years Benetiz has spent over £130million in the transfer market. However this is spent on 33 players. It no wonder that they arent as strong as they could be as there alot of money being wasted, if i were the owners i wouldnt give him any more!

look at man u's whole team tho

van der saar was waht 5m?

and liverpool arent much better than chelsea/ manu but the fact 23.5 was smashing our transfer ecord where as both united and chelsea have spend that 5-6 tiems on 1 player a time
rio was 30 vidic was 6 or so (plaucking these out of the air feel free to correct me) evra 4 or so ronaldo 20 tevez 30 rooney 30 carrick 15 ect ect ect

same with chelsea

arsenal is like

almunia free
eboue like 200k toure 500k gallas swap for cole who was youth team clichy youth

rosicky 6-7 mill hleb 2-3 mill cesc was a few mill i think flamini, youth

van persi 10 mill edwardo 7 mill adebeyour a few mill walcot 4 mill ect ect

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Ronaldo was 10-12 iirc, Tevez is on a 2 year loan, Carrick ~18.

Lets not forget JT was free too ;)

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
also.....

I kind of agree with you on the buying players bit.

But this is due to many reasons the shit ruling about signing young players cannot sign who live within a certain distance from the club.

And the fact that majority of the players are not good enough coming through the ranks.

Although Utd will still try to bring players through like Simpson, Eagles and Evans whether they will make it is another thing.

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
Utd signings

VDS £2m
Evra £5.5m
Vidic £7m
Neville free
Rio £29m
Ronaldo £12m
Scholes free
Hargreaves £17m
Giggs free
Rooney £20m rising to £30m if Utd win CL's and titles etc
Tevez Loan although a payment was £10m if I remember rightly.
Anderson and Nani well the figures were never mentioned when they signed, although I would say £20m each, and reading quotes from newspapers or shit football forums doesn't count.
Park £4m
Carrick £14m rising to £18m if Utd win CL's and titles etc
Fletcher free
O'Shea free

Basically the prices we paid over the top for in many people's eyes, don't realise they will be at Utd for many years to come, ie Rio signed in 2002 and will probably see out rest of career at Utd.

But of course all the numpties see is Rooney signed for £30m without thinking it through.

Corran

Part of the furniture
and liverpool arent much better than chelsea/ manu but the fact 23.5 was smashing our transfer ecord where as both united and chelsea have spend that 5-6 tiems on 1 player a time

To be honest I would rather have 130million spent on a half dozen top class players that will stay at the team for many years (Rio, Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Vidic, Anderson, Nani) then the same amount on 33 players, most of which people will not even remember a couple seasons on. Hell I can not remember many of those 33 signings as they just are not quality players.

Another thing to take note of, most of man utd signings are made up of clauses, ie they probably get about half of the amount which the papers always throw about. The rest depends on success which hopefully the players will bring to the club. Yes some the prices inflated on what probably should have paid however the teams success shows that Fergi has been picking players wisely, something that Benetiz hasnt.

Wenger has put little money on the line, I agree, however he has got little in return for that. But he has now got a solid team that performing well...
Not many people can get away with buying only for the future and biding their time till the players are ready. Man Utd however do attempt this and have been trying out younger players when they can. The likes of Eagles, Evans, Simpson etc have had run outs already. If they show they got the quality then they get the chance.

The English game is hindered by rulings on youth. Up until they are 16 or so I believe you can only have players that are within something like 30minutes travel time of the academy. This means it is tough to do, unless you can convince the family to move, and even that is heavily frowned upon.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Utd signings

VDS £2m
Evra £5.5m
Vidic £7m
Neville free
Rio £29m
Ronaldo £12m
Scholes free
Hargreaves £17m
Giggs free
Rooney £20m rising to £30m if Utd win CL's and titles etc
Tevez Loan although a payment was £10m if I remember rightly.
Anderson and Nani well the figures were never mentioned when they signed, although I would say £20m each, and reading quotes from newspapers or shit football forums doesn't count.
Park £4m
Carrick £14m rising to £18m if Utd win CL's and titles etc
Fletcher free
O'Shea free

Basically the prices we paid over the top for in many people's eyes, don't realise they will be at Utd for many years to come, ie Rio signed in 2002 and will probably see out rest of career at Utd.

But of course all the numpties see is Rooney signed for £30m without thinking it through.

I like these games

Almunia ??
Sanga 6m
Kolo 150k
Gallas Swap Deal
Clichey 250k
Cesc Free
Flamini Free
Rosický 7m
Helb upto 12m
Adeb 4mil
RVP 3m

Win :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I like these games

Almunia ??
Sanga 6m
Kolo 150k
Gallas Swap Deal
Clichey 250k
Cesc Free
Flamini Free
Rosický 7m
Helb upto 12m
Adeb 4mil
RVP 3m

Win :p

Nine Premier League titles, a Champions League and a few FA cups. Win. :p ;) :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
9 titles in 5 years Rio must be passing around his drugs :p

I was making my point based on the earlier comment about Liverpool having spent almost exactly the same as United since Fergie came to Old Trafford. ;)

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Oh well, liverpool are still shit :D

Vlad......:(

^^^If we want to list titles we all know who has the most :p, yes it looks like its going to be 18 years without one, but its undeniable who is the most successful club in English footballing history. Liverpool. Its not only about how much money spent. Man U are have been very successful over the last decade therefore they can attract the best players. Liverpool have not been as successful, so the players available for them to sign are generally of a lower standard. Chelsea are the exception who over night brought in a world class team and manager. Wenger is in my eyes the best manager in the world. Someone who manages to make a profit on transfers and still be very successful has to be given some respect.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Vlad......:(

^^^If we want to list titles we all know who has the most :p, yes it looks like its going to be 18 years without one, but its undeniable who is the most successful club in English footballing history. Liverpool. Its not only about how much money spent. Man U are have been very successful over the last decade therefore they can attract the best players. Liverpool have not been as successful, so the players available for them to sign are generally of a lower standard. Chelsea are the exception who over night brought in a world class team and manager. Wenger is in my eyes the best manager in the world. Someone who manages to make a profit on transfers and still be very successful has to be given some respect.

I agree with 99% of what you say but Wenger the greatest manager in the world? If he wins a Champions League he is in with a real shout but until that happens there is a massive gap in his C.V.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I really rate Wenger not just for winning tropheys but for turning the club into a working business the new stadium and great football. Too me he is the best but im biased. I think contribution to a club his is amazing.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I really rate Wenger not just for winning tropheys but for turning the club into a working business the new stadium and great football. Too me he is the best but im biased. I think contribution to a club his is amazing.

Wenger is first rate and a credit to his club, profession and football in general. Football history is a stats game though even if that is somewhat unfair, until he gets that missing Champions League he will never quite get that recognition he deserves as one of the all time greats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom