[Football] Manchester City VS Manchester United....

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
becuase rugby is a mans game :)

Have to agree.

No rugby player would ever show the disrespect footballers show refs these days. Don't think I have the temperament to be a ref in the Premiership. F*ck if they spoke like that I'd be swinging not showing a yellow card. :)

Have played Rugby and Waterpolo to county standards in UK and if you ever disrespected a ref in those sports you were off. Hell, in waterpolo you even looked at em with a baffled look on your face you were off for an early shower.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I dont think its because rugby is more macho if a ref slugged a rugby player he'd get hit back by a bigger stronger man. Its because the rfu ect will not moan at a ref for it.

If a Ref sent John Terry of for being disrespectful the ref would get so much shit from the FA. The reason footballers do what they want is the same as why chavs do what they want. The People in charge have made the the people who can punish them so toothless its a joke.

I used John Terry because hes English and if there is one thing Alan S proved its you can do what you want if your English and there is a International coming up.

Corran

Part of the furniture
The top dog of the referee association (guy who has told Styles he wont be referee at all this coming week) was on talk sport today. Have got much respect for the guy after hearing him.

He has called Benetez to chat about what happened, and apparently apologised.

He has been in contact with fulham about the goal not given (also suspended the linesman for the coming weekend._

He is still investing time in developing Hawk Eye for goal line technology.

He is making sure that all referee's are accountable for their actions.

He has already had meeting pre-season with all managers in regards to surrounding the referee. They have been told it is to stop and they will crack down on it this season. Referees will be supported if they book players that surround them, they will be further supported if it is a 2nd yellow card and they send the player of for it.

Lets hope the referee's have the balls this season to actually book players for it, as they had the ruling last year but rarely used it

soze

I am a FH squatter
Did the new rules last year not say a club will get fined if more than 5 players surround the ref? Only time i saw it last year was Arsenal Chel$ki Carling cup both fines 100k for failing to control the team. If that was done every week too Managers would soon stop it.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
its funny you know, you all talking about rob styles decision.. but what about sunderlands equalizer v birmingham? where the mackem bastard just jumped on the goalie and held him down?

surely more disgraceful an offense?

yes the referreeing in spaniards v wanabe barca was bad... but omg..

i heard alan green commentary on radio 5.. and he gets criticised a lot for picking on refs yeah.. but he is 100% spot on.. if the refs didnt make mistakes from 10 yards away, he wouldnt make comments from where he is.

we need 11 collinas every week for this league tbh.

Corran

Part of the furniture
11 collinas for 10 games? :p

There more then 10games a week as got midweek games :p

Currently there are 19 professional referee's I believe. 10 of these get premiership games, 6 of them get games in other English leagues. 3 must get the week off.
The problem is, these ref's are far from consistant even though there are so few of them. Lets hope this changes.

soze

I am a FH squatter
There more then 10games a week as got midweek games :p

Currently there are 19 professional referee's I believe. 10 of these get premiership games, 6 of them get games in other English leagues. 3 must get the week off.
The problem is, these ref's are far from consistant even though there are so few of them. Lets hope this changes.

There must be more than that seeing as more often than not the 4th official is a Ref too so if the ref gets hurt he can take over. I would say 19 could be right if they only do Premiership as a ref on Saturday could be 4th on Sunday maybe?

Corran

Part of the furniture
There must be more than that seeing as more often than not the 4th official is a Ref too so if the ref gets hurt he can take over. I would say 19 could be right if they only do Premiership as a ref on Saturday could be 4th on Sunday maybe?

Here we go, wanted to check what I had said so thought I just share it :)

PGMO ANNOUNCES SELECT GROUP FOR 2007/08 SEASON

he Professional Game Match Officials (PGMO), the body responsible for providing and managing all match officials in English professional football, today announced the Select Group list of referees for the 2007/08 season.

The 2007/08 Select Group sees exits for Dermot Gallagher and Graham Poll. Gallagher has retired after 15 seasons refereeing in top level football and is the last of the PGMO referees to have officiated in the first Premier League season in 1992/93. Newcomers to the Select Group for the 2007/08 season are Lee Probert, Steve Tanner and Keith Stroud.

The Group consists of the 19 most experienced and capable referees in English football. They will officiate at the leading matches in the professional game throughout the 2007/08 season.
This will include all Premier League matches, some Football League matches and certain FA Cup and League Cup matches.

The full Select Group list for 2007/08 season:
1. Martin Atkinson
2. Steve Bennett
3. Mark Clattenburg
4. Mike Dean
5. Phil Dowd
6. Chris Foy
7. Mark Halsey
8. Barry Knight
9. Andre Marriner
10. Lee Mason
11. Lee Probert
12. Uriah Rennie
13. Mike Riley
14. Steve Tanner
15. Keith Stroud
16. Rob Styles
17. Peter Walton
18. Howard Webb
19. Alan Wiley

J s p

Loyal Freddie
Oh dear Heinze..

Premier league laughs off his appeal.

Hope they dump him in the reserves to rot.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Oh dear Heinze..

Premier league laughs off his appeal.

Hope they dump him in the reserves to rot.

Heinze just made a major mistake there I feel. If he accepted the decision then with the current state of affairs he may have managed to fight his way back into the squad. However now he appealed this decision I can see Fergi not giving him a chance and waiting till a bid from some foriegn team comes in.

Marc

FH is my second home
No rugby player would ever show the disrespect footballers show refs these days..

Us rugby players are brought up from an early age to respect the ref. Dont know about union but in league you even have to refer to him as "sir"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom