[Football] Manchester City VS Manchester United....

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Rofl what a penalty decision for Chelsea

Rob Styles :worthy::worthy:

That was hideous. Chelsea were no where for the whole game, untill that "penalty" (need to say anything here really?) and then they reverted to the tried and tested method of 11 behind the ball and Drogba school of ballet upfront. I start to like the guy every summer with all the work he does in the Ivory Coast, but then i am reminded why i dont like him everytime he plays football. If the Mourihno interview is the usual "for the 90 minutes Chelsea are the only team i see trying to play football" bullshit, i will never have any respect for Chelsea ever again whatever they acheive. Oh yeah and i forget to mention Essien not being sent off despite being showed two yellow cards. Bitter? Yes i fucking well am.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Were you watching it on Sky Achilles?

Rob styles told the 4th official that Terry was the only player booked in that situation. Not Essien, not Ben Haim, just Terry.

Gamah

Banned
Don't worry vlad, JSP is just upset his team are getting owend this season.

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Were you watching it on Sky Achilles?

Rob styles told the 4th official that Terry was the only player booked in that situation. Not Essien, not Ben Haim, just Terry.

No listened to it on 5 live. So yes i havnt seen it. Alan Green said there was no conceivable way he was showing it to Terry. Again i havnt seen it, but he said he pointed at Essien, showed him the card and Essien hung his head in his hands as though he had just been sent off. Both him and Lawro clearly stated they had no doubt it had been shown to Essien. Even after the sky director pointed out to the 4th official that it looked as though Essien had been booked, who then asked Styles who said he had booked Terry. Guess i will have to wait and see, but seems like strong bullshit to me. Styles must have no idea how much that will cost us. Beating Chelsea is exceptionally difficult when you have a decent referee so when we were in such a strong position with Chelsea going no where..... Chelsea were poor and i have no doubt they will get better, which makes it doubly frustrating for when we have to go and play them at Stamford Bridge.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Chelsea will get better, when we have both our first choice centre backs fit and a decent right back then things will pick up further.

However Liverpool haven't really got as many tough fixtures till the end of October now, where you play Everton away and Arsenal at home.

Chelsea have United at the end of September and then Arsenal mid December.

Won't be until around then/after Christmas that the bigger title contenders will be clearer.

Also, maybe that penatly was karma for last weeks free kick at Villa that never was ;)

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Chelsea will get better, when we have both our first choice centre backs fit and a decent right back then things will pick up further.

However Liverpool haven't really got as many tough fixtures till the end of October now, where you play Everton away and Arsenal at home.

Chelsea have United at the end of September and then Arsenal mid December.

Won't be until around then/after Christmas that the bigger title contenders will be clearer.

Also, maybe that penatly was karma for last weeks free kick at Villa that never was ;)

Yeah thats fair enough mate^, but personally I dont really beleive in that "what goes around comes around" argument because it is circular. I can accept that it happened, but i wont be looking for vindication in a penalty in the next game. Sounded as though Torres had a good game which is pleasing considering he was predicted to be a flop? He sounded very good ;p.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
He had a pretty good game yeah. Tbh though the strikers on both teams were relatively quiet, most of the game was in the middle third.

Torres made a right fool out of Ben Haim though :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
such a surprise chelsea gets a free penalty kick , never saw that coming! :m00:

Vladamir

FH is my second home
such a surprise chelsea gets a free penalty kick , never saw that coming! :m00:

And why is that?

None of the players appealed, Malouda got back up and Drogba was about to play the ball.

Penalty wasn't on their minds.

killerpen9uin

Banned
Calm down J S P, what did I say to warrant your aggressive remarks? I played Thidranki for fun so I don't really care what you say about me, especially if it isn't constructive ;)

If I remember correctly the ball went to Drogba after the tackle he probably would have scored if the penalty wasn't given.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Yeah, rob styles sure was Chelsea's 12th player.

yelrotflmao.gif

yelrotflmao.gif

yelrotflmao.gif

soze

I am a FH squatter
If I remember correctly the ball went to Drogba after the tackle he probably would have scored if the penalty wasn't given.

As Andy Gray said that makes it more laughable it should have been a liverpool free kick. Moluda jumed into and took out Agger from getting the ball. It was a absolute joke Penalty call.

To be fair to Chel$ki they did nt try to claim it if they had Terry and Lampard would have been on sceen holding fake red cards ;)

And from the TV untill the 4th officail cleared it up it looked for sure Essien was booked.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
None of the players appealed, Malouda got back up and Drogba was about to play the ball.

Penalty wasn't on their minds.

Actually from the replay Malouda was on the floor looking at the ref appealing as the camera panned past.

There's no way the ref only booked Terry tho.. he showed the yellow to Essien, then noticed he had already booked him and backtracked swiftly.. None of the lies he then spewed to the 4th official afterwards will convince me otherwise.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Some of the refereeing this weekend has been appalling, really is about time they brought in the video replay for referees.

Raazaar

Fledgling Freddie
Some of the refereeing this weekend has been appalling, really is about time they brought in the video replay for referees.

I can't for the life of me work out why they haven't brought it in yet - you only have to see how well it works in rugby, for example.

Bloody refs!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
When was the last trophy you won then?

atleast they don't buy them ;)

hehehe, getting whooped by one of the most crap teams around :)

your team rock right now xD

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Man City game - nice one Sven, good game plan and it paid off. Tactically a far superior manager.
Liverpool - deserved the win, by far the better side. Why Rafa took Pennant off I will never understand he was running rings around a desperate Cole. the Pen was a joke. Nice to see that Chelsea were not hand up asking for it, I think they were as suprised as Liverpool were digusted with the decision. Only one person in the park who thought it was a pen. Shocking mistake from a underperforming ref.
Arsenal - Blackburn deserved the draw. When is Wenger going to get a decent keeper. Lehmen just makes far too many mistakes.

Marc

FH is my second home
haha united are shit. Even funnier watching their fans spitting their dummies out

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Saw this last night on motd. I dont think that any of this would have happened if the players hadnt been mouthing off to the referee all the time. It was done on both sides, but on balance i would say Chelsea were the worst offenders. Pennant and A. Cole are both mouthy little wankers. Most disappointing of all was Terry. Every descision he was running up the the ref, complaining, asking for the player to be booked. Imo if players mouth off/surround the referee they should lose a weeks wages. Same as in cricket. The problem is the FA have no control over the players wages, i have only ever heard of clubs docking players wages. As for the debate for video ref, there is no debate, it should be introduced.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Andy Gray said the Refs have actually reported Chel$ki to the FA during the closed seaon because of the constant imtimidation tactics. If a player other than the player involved or the captin walks up to the ref and complains or asks for the player to be booked or sent off, they should automatically get a yellow card. I know alot of Arsenal players would get stung Eboue and Flamini are really bad for this. But its the only way players will learn.

If there is an incident the two players involved and the captins should be the only players anywhere near the Ref.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Andy Gray said the Refs have actually reported Chel$ki to the FA during the closed seaon because of the constant imtimidation tactics. If a player other than the player involved or the captin walks up to the ref and complains or asks for the player to be booked or sent off, they should automatically get a yellow card. I know alot of Arsenal players would get stung Eboue and Flamini are really bad for this. But its the only way players will learn.

If there is an incident the two players involved and the captins should be the only players anywhere near the Ref.

I think captain's a bit of a dodgy one because if you've got a keeper as a captain and the decisions up the other end then they have to run up there just to talk to the ref.

But i do agree they should nominate one player from each team to talk to the ref.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I think captain's a bit of a dodgy one because if you've got a keeper as a captain and the decisions up the other end then they have to run up there just to talk to the ref.

But i do agree they should nominate one player from each team to talk to the ref.

Thats true. But you could go one further and just say if you were not involved stay away. As the ref never changes his mind because the Captin said thats harsh. Best bet might be only the players involved.

I would love to see Eboue stop doing it pisses me off seeing him run 50 yards to ask for a player to get a card. Mind you he would get a red card every game if they changed the ruels ;)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Rob Styles will not be officiating any matches this weekend, he has been told off for being shit.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
A mate told be he'd been dropped by the premier league this weekend. Good to know its true....awful refereeing.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Thats true. But you could go one further and just say if you were not involved stay away. As the ref never changes his mind because the Captin said thats harsh. Best bet might be only the players involved.

I would love to see Eboue stop doing it pisses me off seeing him run 50 yards to ask for a player to get a card. Mind you he would get a red card every game if they changed the ruels ;)

Exactly. Thats all it needs.

Once a handful of the regulars (i won't name names, we know who does it) get pulled down for it, be it a yellow or straight red then everyone will get the message.

Shame that the respect ref's in rugby has will probably never transfer to football though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom