Football Manager 2007

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie

Had too post this I'm stuck in 17th place atm about 2/3 through the season not won a game for as long as I can remember, look at the next oponent see its man u, think ah fuck it, ferguson then tells the press I'm very capable of getting blackpool relegated, we then stuff them 6 - 3 and to be fair it could have been many more :p

I'm still going down tho tbh :<

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I remember you could find the collier brothers or whatever they were called (owners+designers of the game), rename them (via nickname) to something weird and then scout them.

The scouts say something like "We feel you should feed your players oranges at half time" amongst other weird things hehe.

I have not got this version due to knowing i'll never leave the house again! My old formation was this;

====SC====SC====
================
===^==AMC==^===
===||=======||===
===||=======||===
^==MC==MC==MC=^
||=============||
||=============||
LB===CB===CB===RB
=======GK=======

Marc

FH is my second home
Bahumat said:
I remember you could find the collier brothers or whatever they were called (owners+designers of the game), rename them (via nickname) to something weird and then scout them.

The scouts say something like "We feel you should feed your players oranges at half time" amongst other weird things hehe.

I have not got this version due to knowing i'll never leave the house again! My old formation was this;

====SC====SC====
================
===^==AMC==^===
===||=======||===
===||=======||===
^==MC==MC==MC=^
||=============||
||=============||
LB===CB===CB===RB
=======GK=======

It was Mark Collis and Ferer Orosco (sp). They were at cambridge but you couldnt buy them until cambridge has sold a couple of players. Orosco was a defender who never got loss than a 9 and collis was a 50 goal a season striker.

Trallisx

Loyal Freddie
Just got this game this week, I'm totally hooked on it.

Started as Man Utd, pre-season went well, saha scoring 6 in his first game against some random no hoper team then getting injured for 6 months.

Bought Aaron Lennon from Spurs, playing a formation of Rooney upfront with Ronaldo playing just off him, Giggs, Scholes, Carrick and Lennon in Midfield.
Neville, Vidic, Rio and Heinze defence with VDS in goal.

First match was against Everton at OT. I thought 3 points no problem. Went into Half time 2-0 down and it got worse from there. 4-0 FT score. Next game was Watford away. Came away with a 1-1 draw then got thumped 5-0 by Chelsea.

Started another season as West Ham. Found out I'd missed loads when I started as Man Utd.

Still same run of poor results with WHU, although I have played the big 4 already. The fans hate me lol

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone know if it matters how many trainers you have, to do each kind of training?
Or is it all about gettnig the stars on the training thing? :p

Like, could you just have one aerobic-trainer with 5 stars and aerobic training would be great?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Tasslehoff said:
Does anyone know if it matters how many trainers you have, to do each kind of training?

Like, could you just have one aerobic-trainer with 5 stars and aerobic training would be great?

well if you only have one trainer usually it says that work load will be "average" for a normal size squad, so more than one will make the coaches more effective :p

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Tasslehoff said:

Yes Tassle I find it better to get a trainer that will do 5 stars, I have each thing with 5 stars in my everton game. If you find a couple that are good enough. I have 11 coaches with Everton so some of them are there just doing abit of everything but for my good coaches I always use the stars in their best area. Its worth just sacking any shite you have for better people.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Cheers guys, with Stoke they don't want me to have more than 6 coaches, but with 2 youth coaches, 1 assistant trainer, 1 fitness and 1 GK trainer it gets a bit tight ;p

I think I'll go and get another one anyway :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i issued an ultimatum to my board and got fired :/

am now manager of australia though woot

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
georgie said:
Just checking, but you do know you are playing a different game to the rest of us? :p

[Edit]

.. and I don't just mean the number at the end of it.

[/Edit]

There can be quite a few things that make it obvious that it's a different game. Different graphics engine, teams in different leagues, players being transfered to other clubs, some times a completely different way that the game engine itself is. Buuuut, if I recall correctly I do think that Football Manager is a kind of spin-off from Championship Manager. For the most part though foorball management games are pretty much the same.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Dantares said:
There can be quite a few things that make it obvious that it's a different game. Different graphics engine, teams in different leagues, players being transfered to other clubs, some times a completely different way that the game engine itself is. Buuuut, if I recall correctly I do think that Football Manager is a kind of spin-off from Championship Manager. For the most part though foorball management games are pretty much the same.

Football manager is NOT as spin off of Championship manager. It IS champship manager in its original form.

Football manager is made by the company that made the original championship managers however it had a fall out and broke away. When doing so they couldnt take the copyrighted name of the game but they did take their staff and the original game engine/ideas. That is why Football manager gone from strength to strength and championship manager is just a poor cousin.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
You're all evil evil men (and possibly women)... I was resisting it so far but this thread just keeps reminding me of the hours I could potentially be wasting behind my pc in stead of having a life.

So now I ordered it.

Bastards :(

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Pirkel said:
You're all evil evil men (and possibly women)... I was resisting it so far but this thread just keeps reminding me of the hours I could potentially be wasting behind my pc in stead of having a life.

So now I ordered it.

Bastards :(

haha sorry Pirkel.......

it is cold and dark outside so your not missing anything whilst swearing at the monitor as you lose in the 90th minute of an FA Cup semi final.........

Marc

FH is my second home
Had to reformat my PC so lost my Chelsea game. Was romping the premiership and in the final of the champions league

Sign David Villa at the start of the game for his Minimum release clause of 24 million. He had scored 56 goals in 46 games for me

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Football manager is NOT as spin off of Championship manager. It IS champship manager in its original form.

Football manager is made by the company that made the original championship managers however it had a fall out and broke away. When doing so they couldnt take the copyrighted name of the game but they did take their staff and the original game engine/ideas. That is why Football manager gone from strength to strength and championship manager is just a poor cousin.

I knew that it was some thing like that. Personally I am content with Championship Manager.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Wierd game! and much harder than previous versions..

Get this.. in 3rd season with walsall, got promoted via playoffs 1st season, second season i finished 17th in div2, pretty mediocre and expected.

So im a few games through 3rd season, and i get offered the England job lol, Cuz mclaran got sacked after euro 2008. So am balancing England and walsall, sucking on both sides really, as i keep drawing against ukraine and austria and walsall are making improvement to 15th!. Gonna push for playoffs in 4th season and hopefully get england to worldcup.

amazed they offerewd it to the walsall manager lol

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Struggling a bit in my first season with Liverpool - think I rushed into the season too soon without really setting up my formations etc in the pre-season - tempted to start again now but doing ok in the UEFA Cup :( Fooking Copenhaged dicked me in the Champ Lge Qualifier away from home after drawing at mine, lost first few league games, then went on 6 game win streak and just lost last 2 games - one of which saw me knocked out of the Tinpot Trpohy.. I know if I start again I will do better as I can see the team slowly coming around but......I feel like I will be cheating and am trying to convince myself to either play til I get the sack or wait til the first patch comes out - then restart...

What should I do - start again and go for broke from Day 1 or carry on and stick it out but with the potential of getting sacked and having wasted the time anyway but at least it will be dignified?

Corran

Part of the furniture
[NO]Subedai said:
Wierd game! and much harder than previous versions..

Get this.. in 3rd season with walsall, got promoted via playoffs 1st season, second season i finished 17th in div2, pretty mediocre and expected.

So im a few games through 3rd season, and i get offered the England job lol, Cuz mclaran got sacked after euro 2008. So am balancing England and walsall, sucking on both sides really, as i keep drawing against ukraine and austria and walsall are making improvement to 15th!. Gonna push for playoffs in 4th season and hopefully get england to worldcup.

amazed they offerewd it to the walsall manager lol

Aye, there a kinda bug in the game where it to easy to get the International team position. This is going to be fixed in the patch which they are currently working on and should be out hopefully end of match. It is tougher for lower league teams then before, but it too easy in top leagues as so much revenue made from feeder clubs (once again fixed in patch)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Corran said:
Aye, there a kinda bug in the game where it to easy to get the International team position. This is going to be fixed in the patch which they are currently working on and should be out hopefully end of match. It is tougher for lower league teams then before, but it too easy in top leagues as so much revenue made from feeder clubs (once again fixed in patch)

Shame Hull City arnt in league two any more.

Would love to take them from Division 3(league 2) to 4th in Premiership in udner 5 years! :D

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
So addictive!

Cba going to uni now, just gotta play one more season!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom