Football Manager 2007

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Any of you guys get so angry at your team, you just close the game, after not having saved for like 4-6 games? :p

Marc

FH is my second home
Tasslehoff said:
Any of you guys get so angry at your team, you just close the game, after not having saved for like 4-6 games? :p

lol oh yes!!!

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
i bought it and it hangs on creating some kind of manager shortlist or something similar...

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
finished 10th in first season as Boro manager (which wasnt bad as I didnt win a game out of the first fifteen). Team were bought out halfway through the season by supporters so Ive basically had no money for new players without selling first........doh

Just lost Yakubu to Sociedad in pre-season for £9 million and managed to get Walcott as a replacement for a bargain £7 million yay.

10 games into season 2 and I am 4th. game is a challenge as always, and I hate playing Man Utd (0-5)......

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Finished 1st season with Evrton in 8th Got beaten in the final of the league cup on pens off Chelsea.

Currently in my second season, I am top of the prem just beat Man utd 4-0, I will be playing Wigan in the league cup final, and I am in the quarters of the FA Cup.

I have found the training aspect of the game to be very important, Got myself 9 great coaches and everything is on 5 stars apart from set pieces. Nice training plans set up so the majority of my players even the best ones are improving in their needed areas.

New tip for a player is Pocognoli. hes an DL/ML/AML Young lad he is my best player by far.

Corran

Part of the furniture
I have got Man Utd into dire financial trouble. 55million in the red (not including the 256million debt to owner). Fighting at the moment to survive the first season without going into receivership. I am now panicking at the position i put club in after being so forcefull about more money and spending it.

14 points clear of Arsenal but htey have 3 games in hand, if i go into receivership that means i get docked 9 points and with just 5 games till end of season that means handing the title to arsenal which be horrid.

Knocked out the FA cup (haha QPR :( ) and lost league cup final to Arsenal. About to play 2nd leg of Qtr Final of ECL in which im 5:1 up against benfica going into it.

This leaves me at the stage of needing to get through abuot 4weeks without spending more then roughly 3million in expenses else I go into receivership. If i can make it to the end of season should get close to 15million for the league (maybe only 12million) 3million or so for the ECL final if i win.

It going to be very tight as i got a 3million/month wage bill as is. But I should hopefully just scrape through the month. Going to be interesting though

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Am I the only one who enjoys the pain of working with the low league teams where there is no money to spend at all? For example, half of my team (East Stirling!) are on wages of £10 a month, the highest earner gets £35 a month.

Most of my players are worth £0, even though they are my best players, and half the squad is made up of players on youth contracts! Thank goodness for coaches who are willing to work for £30 a week hehe, my forwards might actually reach the dizzy heights of "10" in the finishing department! :D

Its hard at this level, I cant imagine what its like to have to go up against the top Premeirship teams with no experience :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Jeremiah said:
Am I the only one who enjoys the pain of working with the low league teams where there is no money to spend at all? For example, half of my team (East Stirling!) are on wages of £10 a month, the highest earner gets £35 a month.

Most of my players are worth £0, even though they are my best players, and half the squad is made up of players on youth contracts! Thank goodness for coaches who are willing to work for £30 a week hehe, my forwards might actually reach the dizzy heights of "10" in the finishing department! :D

Its hard at this level, I cant imagine what its like to have to go up against the top Premeirship teams with no experience :)

I have 2 teams on the go normally, this time round im playing my local team from where a grew up as well (Southend). Managed to top the table with them. 2 wins and they up in the premiership where i will get my arse truelly kicked and straight back down. Freddy Eastwood is a god :D

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
I can't fucking stand being CP :p

3 league matches, 2 red cards 3-4 injury woes and I can never get my team played together. I get aggresive IRL from playing CP :|

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Won the treble in my first season at Old Trafford :D Fernando Torres and Mickael Essien worked bloody wonders, shame I had to have a major clearout just to keep the administrators at bay though. Richardson, Rossi, Pique, Howard, Foster, Evra, O'Shea and about 6 other promising youngsters all sold off. Gonna have to spend again to get some decent backup players in now, got very little defensive cover.

They really need to add a way of paying off that fucking 40 year loan, it totally cripples United which isn't realistic as they can still raise cash in the real world for players if they go on a good Champion's League run. You would think the game would let me use some of the cash generated from winning the treble to pay a portion of those loans off.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
got blackpool promoted too the championship in my first season via a penalty shootout win in the playoffs :D

midway through my second season with them and lie 5th \0/ after being tipped for certain relegation had a very bad start (again) but picked up and got some great results.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
omg, I thought it would never end......

penalties.jpg

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
hahaha thats crazy :x

can't be healthy to watch that!

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
glad my little lad was upstairs, there was some choice swearing going on :)

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
LOL quality shootout :)

anyway after my last post my blackpool team managed too capitulate in the last few minutes of a game one time too many times and we finished mid table, however a few choice signings and the following season we got promotion to the prem but money is very very tight :/ so far played 5 lost 4 and won 1 :(

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
I started up with Stoke now, used half a season with Crystal Palace to learn the game proper, never tried any of these before :D

Now I hope I'll do good ;p

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
Shame I don't know how to take screen shots. I have gotten Nottingham Forest in to the Premiership from League One and just hammered Chelsea at Stamford Bridge 4-1. Matt Fryatt with 1 and a hat-trick by Nathan Tyson. Though I am still playing on Championship Manager 2006.

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
Screen03.jpg

Now that is what you call a convincing win. Shame that it was just a friendly though. Played two seperate teams each half.

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
There's a part in the options that lets you change skins, but that one is from Championship Manager 2006. I didn't see much point in upgrading to 2007.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Urgluf said:
print screen and paste in paint.

No, there a much easier way to take screenshots.

Press ALT+F9 and it will take them and place them in

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007

Took me awhile to find it when i wanted it at end of season but found it in options eventually :D

My most thrilling game as Man Utd (Second time round so i didnt put them in administration :p ) was a 7-6 defeat to Reading of all teams. Only lost 3 prem games all seaons, I won all competitions in thanks to some my signings. But none of the games, including the finals stood up to that game.

I was shouting and balling at my computer, i was then cheering and then i was saddened. Half time i was 5-2 down. Then it got worse and i was 6-2 down by 51st minute. However somehow they pulled it back to 6-6 after an amazing turnaround just to lose 7-6 in the last 5minutes. My god that was a cracking match :D

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
I thought I'd share a pic of one of the more exciting parts of my first season. PLaying as a SD3 club, so no money, no decent players, and everyone is part time (makes training a bit less effective!) and suddenly theres a board takeover.

takeover.JPG

As you can see, the new takeover made the club rich - a whole £20k was "Pumped" into it, and my transfer budget went from £0 to £1. As you imagine, the transfer activity over the next few days was breath-taking. I think I managed to get 2 dinner ladies and a janitor with a large moustache with my new transfer kitty.

Thankfully I got to keep my job - the teams was performing well over expectations and I managed to finish 4th! :)

georgie

FH is my second home
Dantares said:
There's a part in the options that lets you change skins, but that one is from Championship Manager 2006. I didn't see much point in upgrading to 2007.

Just checking, but you do know you are playing a different game to the rest of us? :p

[Edit]

.. and I don't just mean the number at the end of it.

[/Edit]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom