Football : FA Cup

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
Utd will always spend money. But we always will try to bring youngsters through, whether they make it only time will tell.

This season Simpson has been added to the squad and has played a few games, and now also Welbeck is a first team squad player.

The year when Scholes/Beckham etc came through that will never happen again at any club, football has moved on in such a way, that bringing in young foreign talent is the future.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Utd will always spend money. But we always will try to bring youngsters through, whether they make it only time will tell.

This season Simpson has been added to the squad and has played a few games, and now also Welbeck is a first team squad player.

The year when Scholes/Beckham etc came through that will never happen again at any club, football has moved on in such a way, that bringing in young foreign talent is the future.

its not just beckham and scholes.....the two nevilles and butt also came in with that crop...not all at united now but were all good players in they're time.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Wenger is trying to do the bekham crop thing now but it is difficult Sangna Gallas Roisky Helb Gilberto Eduardo Adebyor have all been bough in and came into the first team.Toure Clichey Almunia Flamini Cesc Van Persie Bentner have all serverd in Youth Reserve Setup before making first team. But you are correct i think its impossible now for say 8 or 9 players to come from the youth set up mainly because of what people say about Arsenal now he is trying to make a team of kids to win things but now we have not won something for 2 years people say he should get the sack. With that pressure a manager will have a hard time winning with developed kids. Instead you will end up spending £10 £15 mil on promising young prospects and hope for the best.

Marc

FH is my second home
Arsenal should be proud that in todays market, where millions are spent, they have pretty much produced their own stars with minimal outlay

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think they have actually spent less money than they have sold players for, a transfer cost of minus a few million.

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
But on the other side of the argument Arsenal haven't won anything for 2 years, and there is no guarantee they will anything this season..

There is a time when the REAL fans will start questioning his transfer policy and relying on the "kids" every year.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think its more of a long term plan, they are still a bunch of kids, give it 2-3 years and they will be awesome.

soze

I am a FH squatter
But on the other side of the argument Arsenal haven't won anything for 2 years, and there is no guarantee they will anything this season..

There is a time when the REAL fans will start questioning his transfer policy and relying on the "kids" every year.

Not at Arsenal a real Arsenal fan will have seen all our games this season where we play a style and class of Football only Man U come near. Without wenger we might still be playing Bolton Football infront of 28 000 (not a typo my first few years as an arsenal fan we were not filling the stadium) fans at Highbury. With him class football infront of 60 00.

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie
Arsenal have been playing rather attractive football this season, and are still 5 points ahead in the Premiership. I think the main trouble with there side is the lack of really experienced players to hold the team together, which is why they fuck up when they get anywhere in cup competitions (look at this time last season, and Carling and now FA), I don't think the kids can step up to the pressure.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Arsenal have been playing rather attractive football this season, and are still 5 points ahead in the Premiership. I think the main trouble with there side is the lack of really experienced players to hold the team together, which is why they fuck up when they get anywhere in cup competitions (look at this time last season, and Carling and now FA), I don't think the kids can step up to the pressure.

Last years Carling cup final the Arsenal reserve or Carling Cup team lost to a full strengh Chel$ki team that has nothing to do with fucking up because of the pressure. This season twice now in the cup a weak arsenal team has lost i know it was not Man U first team but lets be honest they bring in Nani and Anderson we bring in Traore and Hoyte sqaud wise Man U has a far supiror squad and that told yesterday it had nothing to do with Arsenal fucking up because of pressure.

Marc

FH is my second home
Here is an interersting one. Sir Alex Ferguson rates the current united team the best hes had

Discuss

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
erm..... 1? , scholes (yes neville but hes injured) rooney is scouse carrick is geordie nfi about wes brown, and if you include players like eagles flecher coming throught the rank every teams has those players but star wise liverpool have like 2 atm manu have 1-2 so who cares,

in terms of creating quality players look to west ham ^^ if they didnt sell all thier starts they would have rio and anton ferdinand at centre back lampard joe cole and carrick in the middle and defoe up front

man u and liverpool were awesome 5-10 years ago when u look at the likes of gerrard owen fowler mcmanaman carregher redknapp ect, and beckham butt scholes giggs nevilles ect

but what have either done recently? danny guthrie and luke chadwick........

so why argue when both are currently shit

Wes Brown, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Danny Welbeck, Gary Neville, Danny Simpson. All Mancs and all in the current first team squad. That is 4 off the top of my head.

As for current players we have produced. Luke Steele ring a bell? Helped knock your mob out of the cup yesterday. Jonny Evans on loan at Sunderland, Lee Martin, Craig Cathcart, Febian Brandy. All out on loan at teams in the top 2 divisions.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Arsenal should be proud that in todays market, where millions are spent, they have pretty much produced their own stars with minimal outlay

Yep, regardless of nationality no one can deny that Wenger has given talented youth a chance. I take my hat off to him for that.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Last years Carling cup final the Arsenal reserve or Carling Cup team lost to a full strengh Chel$ki team that has nothing to do with fucking up because of the pressure. This season twice now in the cup a weak arsenal team has lost i know it was not Man U first team but lets be honest they bring in Nani and Anderson we bring in Traore and Hoyte sqaud wise Man U has a far supiror squad and that told yesterday it had nothing to do with Arsenal fucking up because of pressure.

We didn't bring in Nani and Anderson for that game, just Nani. Anderson has started the majority of games this season and if you had seen Nani against City you would never have said he was top quality, the bloke was shocking. Fletcher is a different story however and he was fucking awesome yesterday, even Lawro said he was playing like a man possessed.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Here is an interersting one. Sir Alex Ferguson rates the current united team the best hes had

Discuss

Nope, the current side does not have the depth of strikers that the 1999 squad had. For that reason alone they are not as good.

gohan

FH is my second home
Wes Brown, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Danny Welbeck, Gary Neville, Danny Simpson. All Mancs and all in the current first team squad. That is 4 off the top of my head.

As for current players we have produced. Luke Steele ring a bell? Helped knock your mob out of the cup yesterday. Jonny Evans on loan at Sunderland, Lee Martin, Craig Cathcart, Febian Brandy. All out on loan at teams in the top 2 divisions.

giggs is welsh, welbeck and simpson are fringe players if even that and neville is injured long term, so in your current team you ahve 2 as do liverpool,

and players like steven warnock came though liverpool and hes doing well at blackburn atm, danny guthrie on loan at bolton ect so basicly identicle set up atm, like i say really no point arguing who's best when niether team has produced and real star quality from youth this centuary

gohan

FH is my second home
Nope, the current side does not have the depth of strikers that the 1999 squad had. For that reason alone they are not as good.
sheringham was probly your best striker and he warmed the bench

yorke was good

ole gunna was excellent but underated

cole was dog shit, excellent scoring record but shot to goal ratio was appauling and he fucking up so often, hence not palying for england

but they won the treble so cant really argue with that,

but imo both rooney and tevez are better than any of the above on current form

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie

Yeah, I know that last years Carling cub team was a reserve kid squad against Chel$ki's first team, but even if the teams against Spurs and Man U this season where reserves, they should still have played better than they did. Man U's team was lacking a lot of people like C.Ronaldo and Hargrevies etc, but they still made Arsenal's team look like a team far more inferior than they really are. They have about one chance for the whole game against Man U, even lower league opposition has done better than that all season. I'm not have a go at Arsenal here, I rather like how they have been playing all season, but they just didn't turn up for the Man U game.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
giggs is welsh, welbeck and simpson are fringe players if even that and neville is injured long term, so in your current team you ahve 2 as do liverpool,

and players like steven warnock came though liverpool and hes doing well at blackburn atm, danny guthrie on loan at bolton ect so basicly identicle set up atm, like i say really no point arguing who's best when niether team has produced and real star quality from youth this centuary

Giggs was raised in Pendlebury, Greater Manchester from a very young age you tit. ;) Have you never heard the guy speak? He has a broad Mancunian accent.

As for the rest, you are making excuses. They are all first team squad members. Oh and Scholes, Brown and Neville makes 3 not 2. I suggest basic maths lessons for you! :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
sheringham was probly your best striker and he warmed the bench

yorke was good

ole gunna was excellent but underated

cole was dog shit, excellent scoring record but shot to goal ratio was appauling and he fucking up so often, hence not palying for england

but they won the treble so cant really argue with that,

but imo both rooney and tevez are better than any of the above on current form

Neither Rooney nor Tevez have ever scored more than 25 in a season, both Yorke and Cole did. They also scored a ton of goals in the champions league during our treble winning year in 1999, again something neither Rooney or Tevez have done. You might rate them (Rooney and Tevez) as better players and you might be right but they have NEVER achieved the scoring exploits of those 4 strikers we had in 1999. Right now our forwards are not scoring enough goals and we don't have the strength in depth upfront, so again for that reason alone this current side is inferior to the 1999 side.

Oh and gohan, don't say anymore about United, it is making you look as ill-informed as Keitan. Stick to what you know, that other mob in red down the M62! ;)

gohan

FH is my second home
Giggs was raised in Pendlebury, Greater Manchester from a very young age you tit. ;) Have you never heard the guy speak? He has a broad Mancunian accent.

As for the rest, you are making excuses. They are all first team squad members. Oh and Scholes, Brown and Neville makes 3 not 2. I suggest basic maths lessons for you! :D

you really are an arrogant **** why dont you shut you fuckign face for once and read what i wrote, i included neville but as a long term injury hes not part of your current set up. and first team member means nothing liverpool often play random youth players like jack hobbs ect but i dont include them because their not regulars and thier not proven yet. same with uniteds current youngsters, your most recent "proven" young player was probly richarson and you sold him to sunderland so cleary he wasnt cream of the crop

now take your head out of your arse for 2 seconds and realise im not saying liverpools youth set up is amazing, just that uniteds isnt

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
you really are an arrogant **** why dont you shut you fuckign face for once and read what i wrote, i included neville but as a long term injury hes not part of your current set up. and first team member means nothing liverpool often play random youth players like jack hobbs ect but i dont include them because their not regulars and thier not proven yet. same with uniteds current youngsters, your most recent "proven" young player was probly richarson and you sold him to sunderland so cleary he wasnt cream of the crop

now take your head out of your arse for 2 seconds and realise im not saying liverpools youth set up is amazing, just that uniteds isnt

Oh dear. I expected better. As you can see I included a few winks and smilies, the posts were made in a humourus manner but the content was spot on. It isn't my fault you got your facts wrong about Giggs, it isn't my fault that you are wrong about Neville either. He is fit but they not rushing him back because of repeated minor niggles in the last 2 months, he is in full training with the squad though and is still CLUB captain. I bet you wouldn't leave Gerrard out of the Liverpool 'squad' if he was returning from injury but you seem happy to do the same to Neville because you think it helps prove your point when it clearly does not.

The facts remain.

Danny Simpson, born in Greater Manchester and in the first team squad.
Gary Neville, born in Greater Manchester and in the first team squad.
Ryan Giggs, born in Cardiff but spent 95% of his youth in Pendlebury, Greater Manchester and speaks with a broad manc accent.
Paul Scholes, born in Greater Manchester.
Wes Brown, born in Greater Manchester.
Danny Wellbeck, born in Greater Manchester.

6 in the squad, 4 that often make the starting 11. All came through the youth system at United.

How many lads born on Mersyside in the Liverpool squad are regular starters and how many that have actually had first team football?

Also how many players from the Youth side have appeared regularly in the full Liverpool side in the last 20 years? I can think of 5. From United in can think of at least 15. Not all made the grade and alot moved on but roughly half (Neville brothers, Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, Butt, Brown, Fletcher, O'shea) did make the grade and played first team football for many years.

Of course we haven't had another crop like that since but who has in the last decade? You are a still dead wrong though gohan, we are still trying to produce local talent and getting some worthwhile results. Simpson has played a number of times this season and has the potential to be first choice right back in a few years. Welbeck is looking quality and will get his chance in the next season with a few games. Aside from those local talents we have other young lads from further afield such as Jonny Evans, Craig Cathcart, Chris Eagles, Gerard Pique, Corrie Evans, Lee Martin, Darron Gibson and Febian Brandy all trying to break into the first team setup. Most won't make it, some might. Can you honestly say the same at Liverpool?

Just before I finish I want to say this is not personal, I did not resort to personal attacks that were anything more than an obvious joke as highlighted by the winks and smilies. I am sorry that upset you and I did not expect such a venemous reply but I have obviously hit a raw nerve somewhere along the line and that was not the intention. I just wanted to get the facts across and I feel I have better done that in this post.

gohan

FH is my second home
Lol Gohan is becoming Keitan mk II :p

in what way? where am i saying liverpools youth is god like? im saying the complete opposite

and yes united are bringing "good" players throught but my point still stands when was the last time a real quality player came through?

with liverpool you can think of 5, gerrard owen fowler mcmanaman and carracher is guess?

what about redknapp? murphy? david thompson? niel mellor? and again lesser players like richie partrige who went to coventry steven warnock john welsh ect, and guthrie who is on loan at bolotn atm, thats 13 vet quickly of the top of my head 6/7 5 of which were awesome 2-3 made it for a while rest disapeered into nothingness

in the mid to late 90's both team got quality quality palyers from youth

since neither has had more than a bit palyer thats been moved on to another club

doesnt matter how you want to spin it thats fact.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, I know that last years Carling cub team was a reserve kid squad against Chel$ki's first team, but even if the teams against Spurs and Man U this season where reserves, they should still have played better than they did. Man U's team was lacking a lot of people like C.Ronaldo and Hargrevies etc, but they still made Arsenal's team look like a team far more inferior than they really are. They have about one chance for the whole game against Man U, even lower league opposition has done better than that all season. I'm not have a go at Arsenal here, I rather like how they have been playing all season, but they just didn't turn up for the Man U game.

We did not show up your correct i just did not like the arsenal bottled it comment as i do not think we did we were just out played.

Keitan

Banned
Oh dear. I expected better. As you can see I included a few winks and smilies, the posts were made in a humourus manner but the content was spot on. It isn't my fault you got your facts wrong about Giggs, it isn't my fault that you are wrong about Neville either. He is fit but they not rushing him back because of repeated minor niggles in the last 2 months, he is in full training with the squad though and is still CLUB captain. I bet you wouldn't leave Gerrard out of the Liverpool 'squad' if he was returning from injury but you seem happy to do the same to Neville because you think it helps prove your point when it clearly does not.

The facts remain.

Danny Simpson, born in Greater Manchester and in the first team squad.
Gary Neville, born in Greater Manchester and in the first team squad.
Ryan Giggs, born in Cardiff but spent 95% of his youth in Pendlebury, Greater Manchester and speaks with a broad manc accent.
Paul Scholes, born in Greater Manchester.
Wes Brown, born in Greater Manchester.
Danny Wellbeck, born in Greater Manchester.

6 in the squad, 4 that often make the starting 11. All came through the youth system at United.

How many lads born on Mersyside in the Liverpool squad are regular starters and how many that have actually had first team football?

Also how many players from the Youth side have appeared regularly in the full Liverpool side in the last 20 years? I can think of 5. From United in can think of at least 15. Not all made the grade and alot moved on but roughly half (Neville brothers, Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, Butt, Brown, Fletcher, O'shea) did make the grade and played first team football for many years.

Of course we haven't had another crop like that since but who has in the last decade? You are a still dead wrong though gohan, we are still trying to produce local talent and getting some worthwhile results. Simpson has played a number of times this season and has the potential to be first choice right back in a few years. Welbeck is looking quality and will get his chance in the next season with a few games. Aside from those local talents we have other young lads from further afield such as Jonny Evans, Craig Cathcart, Chris Eagles, Gerard Pique, Corrie Evans, Lee Martin, Darron Gibson and Febian Brandy all trying to break into the first team setup. Most won't make it, some might. Can you honestly say the same at Liverpool?

Just before I finish I want to say this is not personal, I did not resort to personal attacks that were anything more than an obvious joke as highlighted by the winks and smilies. I am sorry that upset you and I did not expect such a venemous reply but I have obviously hit a raw nerve somewhere along the line and that was not the intention. I just wanted to get the facts across and I feel I have better done that in this post.

ok shut up now and go and support ur stupid team who are greedy shits.

Little Boy

One of Freddy's beloved
ok shut up now and go and support ur stupid team who are greedy shits.
QQ more :twak:
You are a fine one to talk about stupid teams :D Liverpool, ha, let me say that again, Liverpool, ha, 2-1 against Barnsley :( shiiiiiiiiite!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom