{Football} Chelsea v Wigan

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'll be honest, I would like that to be the case, however it hasn't been for the past 100 years. But when a local lad comes through the ranks and in to the first team (Surman, for instance), I always feel more affection towards them.

I hate the fact there are so many foreigners playing the Country, because quite frankly i couldn't give a shit about all this 'well our leagues the best' - so? Our National team is crap, which is far more imporatant. What does it matter if the premiership is the best league in the world? It doesn't. I don't care about leagues, i care about my team.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
AHHHH The wonders of a football team being an enterprise and owned by sum1 or some corp.... :(

Prolly the best thing I like from the team I support is that it is a CLUB (like our hatred rival). There are no owners of a club but the members of it. It might not be in the stock market but theres no risk of being purchased by un-welcomed ppl.
I for sure wouldnt be against sum1 pumping euros into the team I support (bettr facilities, better players, more trophies...), but i prefer the idea of actually electing the club's executive board and having my say at the members meeting while at the same time generating enuff funds to challenge for titles :)

Lucius

Banned
Some strange stuff from Aoami, very fanatical I'd say...

soze said:
Would i take another tropheyless season if it meant Arsenal were not turned into a rich mans play thing hell yes.

I know many Arsenal fans who would think otherwise. But that's your opinion, fair enough.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I know many Arsenal fans who would think otherwise. But that's your opinion, fair enough.

Most that i speak too but not sure if the people here would rather see Arsenal stay Arsenal or win the league.

The other thing to remember is a billionaire buying your club does not mean success Man City have won nothing all the way doen to Hearts in Scottland who have actually got worse since being purchased as a play thing.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Are they idiots?

Wenger had a transfer budget of £70m last year that he chose not to spend, yet your mates who probably live in Bradford or something still want them to be bankrolled by some russian who will milk the club for all they're worth?

Marc

FH is my second home
David Villa is well on his way to Arse.

Looks like Barca might snatch Benzema from under uniteds noses. Imagine that Cho, not only will we knock you out of the champions league, but we will also take Benzema off you too. Bojan + Benzema. Nice!

Lucius

Banned
yet your mates who probably live in Bradford or something still want them to be bankrolled by some russian who will milk the club for all they're worth?

My mate lives a 2 minute walk from Highbury (incase you didn't know, that's their old stadium).

Just because you are loosing the arguement there is no need for petty insults.

Vladamir

FH is my second home

Looks like Barca might snatch Benzema from under uniteds noses. Imagine that Cho, not only will we knock you out of the champions league, but we will also take Benzema off you too. Bojan + Benzema. Nice!

Didn't Benzema say he'd rather play in Italy/Spain than England anyway?

Be interested to see if that Villa move does materialise, we've been linked with him for a whilel but i'm not sure Wenger would pay out as much as Valencia would want for him.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
My mate lives a 2 minute walk from Highbury (incase you didn't know, that's their old stadium).

Just because you are loosing the arguement there is no need for petty insults.

Well atleast your mates do the right thing, even if you can't. They're still wrong though, as are you.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I worry about your mates though they want to sell out the club to win a trophey that seems very short sighted and not much like a real fan as in one who supports his team through thick and thin. But sure selling out is the best way to win the league just look at Liverpool these things do not always go well.

Didn't Benzema say he'd rather play in Italy/Spain than England anyway?

Be interested to see if that Villa move does materialise, we've been linked with him for a whilel but i'm not sure Wenger would pay out as much as Valencia would want for him.

The good thing is he has said he wants to leave and wants to play for us so they will bring the price down. If he turns down other clubs they will take a reduced bid over keeping an unsettled player i would think?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
soze said:
If he turns down other clubs they will take a reduced bid over keeping an unsettled player i would think?

If he makes enough noise about wanting to leave, bangs on about the Champions League, i'd have thought that would be the case.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH

dunno really - he recently said that he has friends in liverpool, and that he would love to have Benitez as a trainer (again?).

He also mentioned that Arsenal plays the most pretty football though, so it seems to be one of the two clubs.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
dunno really - he recently said that he has friends in liverpool, and that he would love to have Benitez as a trainer (again?).

He also mentioned that Arsenal plays the most pretty football though, so it seems to be one of the two clubs.

Good

Another overrated player heading to the islands, if it goes like with Torres, who knows, Spain might even get a starting eleven able to challenge for 2010 world cup :)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Good

Another overrated player heading to the islands, if it goes like with Torres, who knows, Spain might even get a starting eleven able to challenge for 2010 world cup :)

just no more spain for us danes please - it doesn't matter whether they outplay us, or we outplay them - they're always winning in the end :( always!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

You can have him, as I said earlier we need a predator anyway and I don't see him as that type of player. Top quality though yes, no doubt about it.

As for the semi-final, time will tell. Just remember Marc, you have given it so be prepared to take it if your beloved Barcelona end up potless again this season. ;)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Good

do you imply Torres is overrated? :O

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
do you imply Torres is overrated? :O

Yep, he was indeed an overrated player till he moved to Liverpool. Thats what i said that Villa might turn into a good player overthere as Torres has done :)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Torres couldn't hit shit in Atletico. You could easily see his talent, but he was really lacking accuracy.

Villa... mm, well, he has been shit for the last 2 years if you're looking at hit statistics. Moving may just be what he needs though.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Torres couldn't hit shit in Atletico. You could easily see his talent, but he was really lacking accuracy.

Villa... mm, well, he has been shit for the last 2 years if you're looking at hit statistics. Moving may just be what he needs though.

Yep, exactly what i think.

I have in mind some more names you could carry to the islands pls :england:

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Yep, exactly what i think.

I have in mind some more names you could carry to the islands pls :england:

send him to Denmark - we need a good striker in FC Copenhagen. Our strikers can't hit shit these days :(

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
It makes me laugh tho how a lot of the die hard liverpool/man united fans call the new chelsea/arsenal fans scum because they started supporting them few years ago when they was winning yet im willing to bet 80%+ of the same man united/liverpool fans 1st got into there teams when they was winning all them years ago. When u decide to support a team DOESNT matter at all, nor does where you live, the thing that matters is if you are still supporting them years and years down the line.

That's 100% true. I really can't say truthfully that I believe that the 30 year olds who started supporting Chelsea 3 years ago are the types who would hang around if they got relegated to the championship. Can you?

Marc

FH is my second home
Looks like Berbatov is on his way out of Spurs in the summer.

United Bound?

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Possibly, i think he'll go abroad though.

Apparently Grant has promised Kaka or Messi to the Bridge this summer.

As interesting as that would be, i would far rather see us clean up the deadwood and get a new manager in. Oh well, no point worrying until the seasons over.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Apparently we're getting a big overhaul.

"Andriy Shevchenko, Claudio Pizarro, Steve Sidwell and Tal Ben-Haim are near-certainties to be sold, while the likes of Florent Malouda, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Carlo Cudicini and Juliano Belletti are on thin ice."

Can't say i care about any of them, just hope we get some good new blood.

In a way i kind of hope we lose tonights match, i can't see united dropping points so i think our premiership hopes are already gone and if everton win it'd put more pressure on liverpool and allow us to focus all attention on the champions league.

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like Berbatov is on his way out of Spurs in the summer.

United Bound?

Unless SAF was lying, he said if we sign players they will be young, so that counts out Berbatov who will be 28 next year.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Possibly, i think he'll go abroad though.

Apparently Grant has promised Kaka or Messi to the Bridge this summer.

As interesting as that would be, i would far rather see us clean up the deadwood and get a new manager in. Oh well, no point worrying until the seasons over.

lol jsut read this article. he's a bigger idiot than i thought if i thinks either of them will come to us. I hope he doesnt sign anyone and instead we get a new manager who builds their own team. :l

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Apparently we're getting a big overhaul.

"Andriy Shevchenko, Claudio Pizarro, Steve Sidwell and Tal Ben-Haim are near-certainties to be sold, while the likes of Florent Malouda, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Carlo Cudicini and Juliano Belletti are on thin ice."

Can't say i care about any of them, just hope we get some good new blood.

In a way i kind of hope we lose tonights match, i can't see united dropping points so i think our premiership hopes are already gone and if everton win it'd put more pressure on liverpool and allow us to focus all attention on the champions league.

SWP, Cudi and Belletti have all been good for us at some stage in this season - the others are very much deadwood who can be flogged on for younger talent to come through.

I hope Cudi doesn't leave though, he's been a great part of our team for so long and being able to play number 2 to Cech can't be easy, but he's done it very well for so long (probably aided by a healthy wage :p)

I'm hoping to see more of Di Santo and Scott Sinclair next year, hopefully they'll be good for the future.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I really hope Utd dont buy berbatov, I have watched him to many times this season not turn up in games, probably because he chose to not be arsed.

I dont think he would fit in, he does not have the work ethic required to be a United player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom