{Football} Chelsea v Wigan

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The Man Utd channel? Oh dear.

I wonder how many manure fans in Manchester are subscibed to this

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Living in London, only about half the people actually seem to support London teams, most of these obviously being Arsenal then Chelsea. The other half support man united, i just don't get why :l

Really annoys me how glory hunters support the winning team and in doing so help them win by giving more money, evil cycle!

Marc

FH is my second home
Ive never bought into this fantasy that true supporters are the ones who go to every game. Id love to be able to go to every Barcelona home game, but I cant afford to. With premiership tickets also on the rise, its not in everyones budget to go to every game, which is why some people need to pick and choose.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
There are 5 types of fans.

Fanatics - Every game home or away.
Fans - Games as and when possible.
Arm Chair - A Fan in there own way.
Fair Weather - A big fan only when the team is winning.
Glory Hunters - c***s

Only the second two do i hate this season i have turned into a Arm Chair fan as my uncle came back from the states (I had his season ticket for 10+ years) so i have been going to the odd game 8 i think and waiting for this summer to get my season ticket. I love Arsenal allot but i like watching football with my uncle who i have gone to every game with. If i buy a standard ticket would mean stitting on my own and its not the same for me.

Rep for that, summed it up very nicely and I agree with your conclusions. I will give the arm chair fans some support for at least contributing indirectly by paying to watch on TV, that money has helped make our league the strongest in the world.

As for the glory hunters who used to be Liverpool fans, then jumped to United, then to Arsenal, then to Chelsea and now probably back to United. I would line the bastards up and mow the bastards with a mini-gun.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The Man Utd channel? Oh dear.

I wonder how many manure fans in Manchester are subscibed to this

At last count in the UK it was something like 270,000. I am not sure if there is an overseas version, if there was I would imagine the numbers in Asia would be in the millions.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
At last count in the UK it was something like 270,000. I am not sure if there is an overseas version, if there was I would imagine the numbers in Asia would be in the millions.

I've had it twice or so :p just as a trial though. I didn't pay for it at all.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Living in London, only about half the people actually seem to support London teams, most of these obviously being Arsenal then Chelsea. The other half support man united, i just don't get why :l

Really annoys me how glory hunters support the winning team and in doing so help them win by giving more money, evil cycle!

Most of them are glory hunters bud, they never go to games and only watch the matches on free TV or down the pub. They choose United because of the bragging rights it gives them, of course they had a rough period for the 3 years when we didn't win the league but the vermin will be out in force if we secure our 17th title in the next few weeks. They are the worst of the worst, a massive reason why United is a hate club, the exact same happened with Liverpool in the 1980's. Success attracts them like moths to light.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Ive never bought into this fantasy that true supporters are the ones who go to every game. Id love to be able to go to every Barcelona home game, but I cant afford to. With premiership tickets also on the rise, its not in everyones budget to go to every game, which is why some people need to pick and choose.

You are right in some ways Marc, alot of us have been priced out of the game. I certainly can't afford to go to matches on a regular basis, most of the time members of my family take me or my father gets tickets through his company. Sadly that means I end up sitting with the silent fans from Cheshire and further south.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I've had it twice or so :p just as a trial though. I didn't pay for it at all.

I had it for 2 years when it started, the reason I cancelled was the lack of live matches for many of the under 18's and reserve games. Iirc they broadcast alot more of those now but I currently don't have Sky so subscribing isn't an option at the moment.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Arsenal give away ATV though Sultana which is great :) I got loads of shit at school for suporting Arsenal. My Dad and 9 out of 10 people i hung around with were Spuds fans so was I up untill about 8 when i went to a Football game with my uncle and i have been Arsenal till i die ever since ;)

Lucius

Banned
I get it Cho, you hate all fans who havn't supported Man U for atleast 20 years and don't go to all their games.

Well wake up and smell the coffee, if it wasn't for "glory hunters" then Man U wouldn't be the rich club it is and wouldn't enjoy the success that it has today. You are the minority now. Just stop living in the past. Football is moving forward. Either jump on the train or sit out and don't complain to me when you are left behind.

Jeez, the thing one has to do to be allowed to like a team nowadays....

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think you need to come from a certain area to support a football team..

I started supporting Liverpool when I was 4 because my mate did and when I watched footie on the telly I tended to be with him. 24 years on I still support the same team and would regardless of if we hadn't won the league in 18 years.. :(

Would you say i'm less of a fan than someone who grew up in Liverpool?

The people who support whatever team are winning are scum, like all the Chelsea fans that appeared magically 3 years ago. Not everyone that doesn't come from within 5 miles of the stadium is a pathetic glory hunter tho..

Lucius

Banned
Exactly.

But some people are still dellusioned... perhaps it's a teritorial thing.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I get it Cho, you hate all fans who havn't supported Man U for atleast 20 years and don't go to all their games.

Well wake up and smell the coffee, if it wasn't for "glory hunters" then Man U wouldn't be the rich club it is and wouldn't enjoy the success that it has today. You are the minority now. Just stop living in the past. Football is moving forward. Either jump on the train or sit out and don't complain to me when you are left behind.

Jeez, the thing one has to do to be allowed to like a team nowadays....

Football is moving forward, but proper fans don't neccesarily want it to. These great glory hunters you mention are everything thats wrong with football and are making it a business, not a sport. You are completely wrong, and for the first time in 5 years of posting on bw/fh i'm genuinely angry at a post.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Exactly.

But some people are still dellusioned... perhaps it's a teritorial thing.

Like i have said my support for Arsenal came after going to a game when we were playing poor football but the game it self hooked me.

So when i meet someone who has never seen manchester and lives in london who says they are a man u fan i always assume Glory Hunter for 2 reasons. Man U have been the dominate team in my life time so pull in all the dregs anyway. And I wonder how they became addicted to Man U living in London.

I am aware of family ties moulding who you support and the chance they watched a Man U game on TV and because addicted and i accept that when people tell me the reasons they are a Cockney Red

Marc

FH is my second home
Football is moving forward, but proper fans don't neccesarily want it to. These great glory hunters you mention are everything thats wrong with football and are making it a business, not a sport. You are completely wrong, and for the first time in 5 years of posting on bw/fh i'm genuinely angry at a post.

Bollox

There you go again, Proper fan this, proper fan that. I want football to move forward, does that mean im not a proper fan? Im lucky that I support a spanish team in Barcelona, who like Real Madrid, have pretty much a bottomless pit of money. But If i was a fan of say, Bolton and some multi billionaire wanted to invest, do you really think Im going to be against it?

All this proper fan bullshit is just that, bullshit.

Lucius

Banned

As many others have agreed with me, I think I am right. It's just a matter of not being able to move forward, as Marc said above.

Fine be angry, I'm no too bothered really. Not like my posts concern you anyway, and I'm not prepared to have a conversation with you, as all you seem to post is "xxxxx my balls".

PS. Then don't follow football if you are so upset about these glory hunters

Oh wait..... :D

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I don't really follow the premiership these days, because it's full of *****. **** players and **** fans.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
How can you have any genuine allegiance to a football team from a town you've never lived in?

I just can't understand it. It's like supporting a franchise, not a football team. Makes me sick.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Bollox

There you go again, Proper fan this, proper fan that. I want football to move forward, does that mean im not a proper fan? Im lucky that I support a spanish team in Barcelona, who like Real Madrid, have pretty much a bottomless pit of money. But If i was a fan of say, Bolton and some multi billionaire wanted to invest, do you really think Im going to be against it?

All this proper fan bullshit is just that, bullshit.

I do not know one Arsenal fan who does not want Fat and Orange to fuck off and leave us alone being purchased by rich fuckers is not always best for you so i do not see that as moving forward. Expanding the club and getting more casual fans yes selling to some prick no.

Lethul

FH is my second home
How can you have any genuine allegiance to a football team from a town you've never lived in?

I just can't understand it. It's like supporting a franchise, not a football team. Makes me sick.

Well, i like to watch good football.
And the town I'm from the best team plays in swedish divison 5. It's not nice to watch that kind of football mind you.

Lethul

FH is my second home
I do not know one Arsenal fan who does not want Fat and Orange to fuck off and leave us alone being purchased by rich fuckers is not always best for you so i do not see that as moving forward. Expanding the club and getting more casual fans yes selling to some prick no.

I don't know who Fat and Orange is. But i guess they pump money into Arsenal?
Would you also want all the players those money bought to fuck off?

soze

I am a FH squatter
I don't know who Fat and Orange is. But i guess they pump money into Arsenal?
Would you also want all the players those money bought to fuck off?

No Fat is a russian billionaire and Orange is David Dean used to be Arsenal but tried to sell us out.

And they have not bough us yet so they have not pumped any money into us, they are trying to buy us but our board has said fo as they are more interested in keeping Arsenal Arsenal than filling there pockets. And yes i would turn down £100mil of transfer money to keep arsenal owned by the current management team.

Lethul

FH is my second home
No Fat is a russian billionaire and Orange is David Dean used to be Arsenal but tried to sell us out.

And they have not bough us yet so they have not pumped any money into us, they are trying to buy us but our board has said fo as they are more interested in keeping Arsenal Arsenal than filling there pockets. And yes i would turn down £100mil of transfer money to keep arsenal owned by the current management team.

Then i understand. Sorry I didn't really know who they were :p

Lucius

Banned
What if they did pump money into your club, you were able to buy the best players and won some trophies.

Would you still complain then? (Reminds me of Chelsea fans...)

Marc

FH is my second home

Thats why I used Bolton as an example.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
It makes me laugh tho how a lot of the die hard liverpool/man united fans call the new chelsea/arsenal fans scum because they started supporting them few years ago when they was winning yet im willing to bet 80%+ of the same man united/liverpool fans 1st got into there teams when they was winning all them years ago. When u decide to support a team DOESNT matter at all, nor does where you live, the thing that matters is if you are still supporting them years and years down the line.

soze

I am a FH squatter
What if they did pump money into your club, you were able to buy the best players and won some trophies.

Would you still complain then? (Reminds me of Chelsea fans...)

As Arsenal have £70m plus to spend on players but Wenger does not spend it your situation would mean the Board is replaced Wenger is replaced but we win a trophey yes i would be pissed off and complain.

Would i take another tropheyless season if it meant Arsenal were not turned into a rich mans play thing hell yes.

Thats why I used Bolton as an example.

Sorry i see what your saying a team in trouble rather than just any team in general.

Marc

FH is my second home

Get off your high horse will you. You make Keitan look rational. You talk about allegiance? Surely you are totally against anyone playing for your chosen team, unless they were born and bread in that town yeah? Thought not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom