{Football} Chelsea v Wigan

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
What an awful first half..Chelsea fans booing players off at halftime.

But what has summed up the first half, players on the bench listening to ipods and playing PSB with each other WTF?

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Joe Cole turned the game on its head.

Nice finish from Essien, don't see Wigan getting back in it now.

First half was atrocious mind you.

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
Heskey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! always rated that guy haha.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Teams that play as bad as that dont deserve to win anything tbh. They were fucking dreadful until Joe Cole came on.

That said Wigan hardly caused them any problems until just like the boro game 5 minutes to go and all of the chelsea team are in their on half apart from Anelka.

Looks like a rebuild for the chelsea team in the summer, new manager, lots of players out.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I hope the new manager is put in place as soon as the close-season starts. We really need to get the senior players onside after being fucked about this year with the Mourinho situation.

Calaen

Aye, for the players you have available the lack of style and entertainment is bizarre. We are meant to have the best league in the world yet two of the top four in our division play some of the worst football you would never want to watch. I am glad we got Barca, atleast on paper we should have one entertaining semi final in the champions league.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Can't wait for it as a neutral. Been one of the best champion leagues in a long time. I think UTD will beat Barca and go on to win it.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
God i really hope man united dont win the double. cant handle several more years of a bunch of glory hunting wankers going on about it

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
God i really hope man united dont win the double. cant handle several more years of a bunch of glory hunting wankers going on about it

The real fans don't bud, it is the plastics that carry on like clowns.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
No, no. I started going in 1982 and Old Trafford was full every game back then, a good 50,000 of those United fans were Mancs back then and that continues to be the case with probably 40,000-45,000 of todays crowd coming from within Greater Manchester. Sadly some have been priced out and replaced by plastics from down south and Cheshire, corporate ticket holders and the rest are from all over the place. I look around and see the same kind of people at Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Newcastle. They aren't lifelong football fans but football is seen as trendy now and £700 a year is nothing to someone earning £50,000.

If you open your eyes you will see that it is happening at all the big clubs, ticket prices rise year on year and wages generally aren't. With the economy faltering it will only get worse. The real fans are slowly been driven out and being replaced by people who would never have dreamt of going to a match 20 years ago. I have no problem with these people attending, just the fact that someone was priced out of being able to attend thier own clubs home matches in the process.

Marc

FH is my second home
Tell you what, I do like Chelsea's home kit for next season. Back to basics.

Calaen

Second half of the Chelsea match yesterday the whole middle ring around the stadium missed the best 10 minutes of the match, their food was clearly better than the match.

Lucius

Banned
No, no. I started going in 1982 and Old Trafford was full every game back then, a good 50,000 of those United fans were Mancs back then and that continues to be the case with probably 40,000-45,000 of todays crowd coming from within Greater Manchester. Sadly some have been priced out and replaced by plastics from down south and Cheshire, corporate ticket holders and the rest are from all over the place. I look around and see the same kind of people at Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Newcastle. They aren't lifelong football fans but football is seen as trendy now and £700 a year is nothing to someone earning £50,000.

Jeez, can't you just let these people watch a game of football? I see where you are trying to get at here, I really am. Those who have stuck with a club through thick and thin don't deserve to be forced out by high ticket prices. If I live down south but want to see the club I have supported all my life then let me. Will I be scowled upon because I don't have a Mancurian accent? Or because I don't know all the chants? How about you try travelling 3.5 hours to get to Old Trafford to watch Man U play (this journey takes up your whole day when you consider going back and watching the match). Now that's what I call passion. Not some guy just walking down the road because it's so easy, and memorising all the chants, and refusing to pay big sums of money to watch their "oh so beloved team".

The world is more connected than ever now. Stop living in the past, if I want to support Man U, then I'll support Man U. If someone wants to support Man U but just watch them on TV, then they're just as much of a supporter as you are. He or she will still get emotional if we win or loose.

I know where you're trying to get at here, but the other point of view is never considered.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Jeez, can't you just let these people watch a game of football? I see where you are trying to get at here, I really am. Those who have stuck with a club through thick and thin don't deserve to be forced out by high ticket prices. If I live down south but want to see the club I have supported all my life then let me. Will I be scowled upon because I don't have a Mancurian accent? Or because I don't know all the chants? How about you try travelling 3.5 hours to get to Old Trafford to watch Man U play (this journey takes up your whole day when you consider going back and watching the match). Now that's what I call passion. Not some guy just walking down the road because it's so easy, and memorising all the chants, and refusing to pay big sums of money to watch their "oh so beloved team".

The world is more connected than ever now. Stop living in the past, if I want to support Man U, then I'll support Man U. If someone wants to support Man U but just watch them on TV, then they're just as much of a supporter as you are. He or she will still get emotional if we win or loose.

lol

wrong

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Personally I think you should support the team that you feel the most connected to, if that happens to be a team you have never seen play live or never even visited the home town of, well I am not sure how you can get that connection but each to their own I suppose. Would these people support them if they werent one of the top teams in the prem though? somehow i doubt it...
I support my home team (Northampton town) through thick and thin. I enjoy the premiership as a neutral and to be fair I love to see UTD play and win though I am in no way a UTD fan.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

I know where you're trying to get at here, but the other point of view is never considered.

I am sorry but an awful lot of people in that situation have no connection to the club whatsoever. They support United because it was the cool thing to do in the 90's, it is all about supporting the team on top. It has happend to Liverpool in the 80's, Chelsea and Arsenal in recent years. Will those same people be around if we didn't win the leauge for 18 years like Liverpool? I think not. Sorry but the Mancunian fans are here for life, you pick your colour and you stick with it win or lose. My dad came to Manchester from Ireland in the early 1960's, he was already a United fan and he got to see some beautiful stuff for a decade or so when he came here. Then he had to endure over 20 years of mediocrity including a relegation before he saw another great United side. He still went every week, even in the depths of winter when he had to walk 6 miles in snow and rain to get to the ground after spending all week working outdoors on a building site. That is loyalty, not travelling for 4 hours on a nice warm train spending money you can well afford.

There are some real hardcore United fans who do that journey every week I don't deny it, blokes who earn £20,000 a year and spend £5000 of it travelling up for home games. They have my respect, they spend a huge chunk of thier earnings and give up a huge chunk of thier weekend, they keep going to matches even when we have a real barren run. The ones I have no time for are the rich boys from Surrey who earn £50,000 a year, buy a season ticket and only turn up for half the games, they became United fans 10 years ago but claim they are lifelong fans because dad supported the Busby Babes. You all know the sort.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Personally I think you should support the team that you feel the most connected to, if that happens to be a team you have never seen play live or never even visited the home town of, well I am not sure how you can get that connection but each to their own I suppose. Would these people support them if they werent one of the top teams in the prem though? somehow i doubt it...
I support my home team (Northampton town) through thick and thin. I enjoy the premiership as a neutral and to be fair I love to see UTD play and win though I am in no way a UTD fan.

Fair play to you, nothing wrong with enjoying quality football, just don't ever abandon Northampton Town no matter how hard it gets because teams at that level are desperate for cash just to survive another year.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Oh and as for the TV fans comment by Lucius, bullshit. The real fans give up thier entire day to the match, they pay high ticket prices, high travel prices and also spend on food and merchandise. The TV fans sit at home watching Sky and think they are real fans because they pay Sky £500 a year for 200 channels. They are armchair fans at best, they make an indirect financial contibution to the club but they never get off their fat arses and actually make an effort to see a live game because it intefere swith thier weekend too much. They sacrifice nothing and are often the loudest bloke down the pub when United win acting like an expert because they get to watch 12 games a season on the TV.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
You must spread rep more etc :(

Probably the 3 best posts ever in FH history cHo!

I live in Copenhagen, but I follow my local team everywhere! Every home game and every away, I'm there basically! Use a great deal of my money to travel the country.. I had a rough weekend and was insanely hungover sunday, but still I went on the away game 200km away(125miles) and cheered all the way throughtout the game which ended 0-0. The day lasted 12hours, but I was there supporting my team when they needed it! Especially since we've had a rough period with some losses and drawns

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
You must spread rep more etc :(

Probably the 3 best posts ever in FH history cHo!

I live in Copenhagen, but I follow my local team everywhere! Every home game and every away, I'm there basically! Use a great deal of my money to travel the country.. I had a rough weekend and was insanely hungover sunday, but still I went on the away game 200km away(125miles) and cheered all the way throughtout the game which ended 0-0. The day lasted 12hours, but I was there supporting my team when they needed it! Especially since we've had a rough period with some losses and drawns

and what a fucking shit match it was. I've lost most of my interest in live games when Staale is there. Honestly, I've been to parken several years - back then when we had "Lange" Larsen and Bjarne Goldbaek, but this is just taking the piss. It's just a big fucking letdown every match. I dont expect to win all the time - by no means. I just want what im paying for.

Anyway, when im visiting big stadiums (Old trafford last year), it's usually just for the experience. Im just about always sitting at the more "neutral" rows when I dont support the team though :)

Calaen

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you Chodax, I love football and I love Man Utd, I dont go to football matches not because I am not a supporter, but because I dont enjoy it. I have tried many times I hate standing around listening to people swearing and being disrespectful to people just for supporting the opposition.

I have my Man Utd channel, I have my shirts, I dont need anything else.

soze

I am a FH squatter
There are 5 types of fans.

Fanatics - Every game home or away.
Fans - Games as and when possible.
Arm Chair - A Fan in there own way.
Fair Weather - A big fan only when the team is winning.
Glory Hunters - c***s

Only the second two do i hate this season i have turned into a Arm Chair fan as my uncle came back from the states (I had his season ticket for 10+ years) so i have been going to the odd game 8 i think and waiting for this summer to get my season ticket. I love Arsenal allot but i like watching football with my uncle who i have gone to every game with. If i buy a standard ticket would mean stitting on my own and its not the same for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom