More about focus nerf and sidi

C

ChillyDawg

Um, id just like to point out thats its entirely feasable to kill SOME of the lords in sidi with 1fg, less in fact, with NO CABALIST anywhere to be seen. In fact, there were only 3 people fighting at any point in time and one of the clerics (me) was redundant so i was puller.

Nerfing focus wont stop 1fg sidi/tg and wotever hob version is raids, itl just encourage new (pallys :D) grp setups.

But it will take longer.

C

ChillyDawg

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

:D

although i think we should organise a 8man smite cleric group at some point. Chilly is good to go :D we need 6 others now, what level is your gimp?

F

Flimgoblin

gimped his last bubble last night :)

(and then proceeded to go to emain in his shiny new epic to pwn!)

F

Falcon

Originally posted by ChillyDawg
Um, id just like to point out thats its entirely feasable to kill SOME of the lords in sidi with 1fg, less in fact, with NO CABALIST anywhere to be seen. In fact, there were only 3 people fighting at any point in time and one of the clerics (me) was redundant so i was puller.

Nerfing focus wont stop 1fg sidi/tg and wotever hob version is raids, itl just encourage new (pallys :D) grp setups.

But it will take longer.
It's a nerf to Hib groups more than anything, but due to Chanters being one of the most popular mages out there focus pulling was more of a problem in Hib too. Mids can still slaughter stuff with savage + shaman combos, Albs can still do it with pallys. I think Hib's best bet is two wardens and a hero or some such.

Edit: Hibs would need bard too, almost forgot ;)

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by ChillyDawg
one of the clerics (me) was redundant

So whats new ?

you make it far to easy chilly :)

A

Aussie-

those first keylords drop smth thats worth farming? even with TOA coming?
dragon drops 50 stones, 5 uberitems next patch, farmable with 1FG. sidi is overrated

B

boni_ofdavoid

Re: Re: More about focus nerf and sidi

Originally posted by Falcon
I think Hib's best bet is two wardens and a hero or some such.

Edit: Hibs would need bard too, almost forgot ;)

Animist suicide squads :D

3 animist, each floods a mob with shrooms. Animist die, shrooms live, shrooms eat mob. Out of group rezzer to get the animist up to lay more shrooms or loot :)

Or for tanking, 2 s/s heros guarding eachother, with warden+bard+druid+mana menta support. The HoTs work as well on tanks as they do on pets. Again an animist will work well to increase the number of attackers on the mob.

Animist confuse groups may be the future of hib pl.

O

old.TeaSpoon

Did somebody just say the words "slaughter" and "Paladin" in the same sentance?

F

Falcon

Animists are only good to make life easier for other attacking classes, their shrooms are too low con to last more than a hit or two on a high level mob. Resist rates would be too high and damage output too low from a shroom to take out a high level mob also. I doubt even 20 true mages could take down a high level mob by trying to nuke it to death.

Animists strengths in high end PvE are only to augment and make life easier for other people attacking the mob, they can't touch the mob alone. They are however real nice for taking out multiple lower con (green - orange) mobs.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Falcon
Animists are only good to make life easier for other attacking classes, their shrooms are too low con to last more than a hit or two on a high level mob. Resist rates would be too high and damage output too low from a shroom to take out a high level mob also. I doubt even 20 true mages could take down a high level mob by trying to nuke it to death.

Animists strengths in high end PvE are only to augment and make life easier for other people attacking the mob, they can't touch the mob alone. They are however real nice for taking out multiple lower con (green - orange) mobs.

Resit rates are not too high, as more shrooms=less resits.

I regularly see galla mobs blown to pieces with pbs, with the help of 2 animists. 2 animist spamming an average galla mob with lvl5 fnf turrets and my base void DD hits for close to cap.

A mixture of high lvl shrooms + low level spam to reduce the resists seems to work ok. Ive seen 'boss' sized purple mobs like the stag + drem done with just animist damage.

F

Falcon

Well you only have enough mana to cast 6 high level shrooms, I guess it's easier if you have raging power. On a level 50 player the shrooms only do about 150 damage if that, on a mob they do MUCH lower. As you say, with lvl5 shrooms resist rates aren't that bad, but then, damage aint that good either so the Animists need another class to deal the damage which is what I ment by saying they're only good for helping other attackers.

How many Animists did you use to kill Dremcis? Was only able to do about 5% damage to the deer with one, so you'd need at least 5/6 with decent RR at a guess to take both out.

C

ChillyDawg

Originally posted by Aussie-
those first keylords drop smth thats worth farming? even with TOA coming?
dragon drops 50 stones, 5 uberitems next patch, farmable with 1FG. sidi is overrated

aye you tart, we got a Soul anchor and some other stuff.

F

Flimgoblin

we get 1.65 along with 1.64 - so the dragon won't be farmable with 1fg ;)

Y

Yussef

Focus > Melee in Sidi, may still be doable in 1.65, not sure yet ;o

C

cHodAX

With Necro pet being much tougher in 1.65 I wouldn't be suprised to see a few attempts with Death Servant spec Necros.

J

Javai

Since until recently we lacked a 50 Cabby in guild we developed our own Pally equivalent. One sword+shield specced paladin with MoParry and decent MoBlocking gets buffed to teeth, any shield specced char as a block bot and 2 clerics watching her. She holds aggro happily while whatever other classes you got to hand beat mob to death :)

Helps if the cleric the palasin is protecting knows to through in a small group heal if aggro moves but tbh it only usually moves to the merc after a lot of bleed moves and the Paladin has the merc on guard so it doesn't really matter :)

S

Skaven

Would it still be viable then after the nerf once i get my cabby to 50 to put the last points in matter for the last focus spell?

E

elewyth

id stick those points in Matter definately... just cos focus aint quite what it used to be..dont mean it aint still good for farming reds and oranges by the dozen.... just in High PvE its a bit sucky.. still your char..but if youve taken matter high enuff stick some in Spirit for some buffs even if its enuff to get the first speed buff... i love that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom