News Flight MH17

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Sucks when stuff like this happens, but in the grand scheme of things, I bet the Americans are chuffed really, makes Russia seem reckless to the far east.

Also could be a good thing for Ukraine, Could Russia withdraw 'support'?

Maybe World War 3 will be a bit more one sided.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
that's actually pretty fucking cold tbh

That's pretty fucking amazing. They've got a transcript of a phone conversation up on public websites already. I doubt GCHQ could get that shit up there as quick.

#mediawar, much?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
There is no doubt that the country on whose territory this terrible tragedy happened bears responsibility,” Putin was quoted by Ria Novosti news agency as saying.
“This tragedy would not have happened if there was peace in the country, if military operations had not resumed in the south-east of Ukraine.”
Fuck me, that can't be Putin's actual stance on this. There *was* peace in the country until you started dicking around.

There will be massive international ramifications if this was shot down. That flight reportedly regularly carries people from numerous countries, east and west (mostly Australians by the sound of it).

Last edited:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
150odd Dutch, 27 Aussies, 6 Brits among the passengers.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
sadly, it's more than likely that no one will ever be brought to justice for it. :(

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Just saw a link on Reddit that someone who was on the flight posted a picture of the aircraft to Facebook saying "This is what the aircraft looks like in case it goes missing" before boarding the aircraft. The comments people made on Facebook when translated were depressing, from ha ha good joke have a nice flight to RIP in a matter of hours.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Im with Scouse on this one the water in this conflict is so muddy and with the nutters currently employed by Ukraines army I wouldnt put it past them getting trigger happy. It may be years before we learn the truth

Something not many media outlets have mentioned but what was the plane actually doing there? The east of ukraine has been a no fly zone for several days before it went down all the flights were supposed to be redirected (as there is no operational civilian flight control systems in the east)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Wonder if anyone was looking out the window....is someone launching a space rocket...seems a bit close to us...oh fuck.
At least it was quick...I can only but guess the pain of loved ones and I hope they get treated better than the last time...I presume the airline is toast now.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
It wouldn't be that quick, a lot of people would experience the plane plummeting to earth before dying, pretty horrifying you'd think.
Something not many media outlets have mentioned but what was the plane actually doing there? The east of ukraine has been a no fly zone for several days before it went down all the flights were supposed to be redirected (as there is no operational civilian flight control systems in the east)
I've seen this on the news loads. It wasn't a no fly zone, lots of aircraft were flying in the area as it's a very busy flight path. Planes flying at 30,000 feet don't get shot down by shoulder mounted AA weaponry, airlines weren't to know they had newly acquired BAK.

TdC

It wouldn't be that quick, a lot of people would experience the plane plummeting to earth before dying, pretty horrifying you'd think.

unfortunately this is true. it takes a while for something to fall from 10KM up :(

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Apparently debris and bodies/body parts were found up to 15 km away from the main crash site, some landing in residential areas, there's lots of info and picture links being put on Reddit though I haven't looked at them. I hope they do find out who did this and bring them to justice.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Nowhere near enough oxygen in the air to survive at 10k altitude. Nevermind the trauma of the plane getting hit by a missile, breaking up and plummeting etc.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

I've seen this on the news loads. It wasn't a no fly zone, lots of aircraft were flying in the area as it's a very busy flight path. Planes flying at 30,000 feet don't get shot down by shoulder mounted AA weaponry, airlines weren't to know they had newly acquired BAK.

Depends on the missile used. Like you say, if it was a missile, it almost certainly wasn't a MANPAD because they don't have the range, so all the analysts reckon it would be an SA-11 or 17. They use radar guided missiles rather than IR (which would target the engines) and they are big fuckers (15 feet long) and contain nasty fragmentation munitions, so chances are it was quick because the missile would have shredded the fuselage.

TdC

I certainly hope you're right. I would not wish that on anyone tbh.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Russia really need to think about keeping their mouths shut right at this moment. Throughout the entire conflict they been stirring the pot and clearly supporting the separatists. No matter who shot it down (Ukraine, rebels, Russia), russia have had an influence in what has happened by their actions.

It seriously is about time that Russia get told to fuck off and countries make a stand against them. If it means kicking them out of international groupings including the united nations then so fucking be it. They just do what the fuck they want as is a Putin is a twat.

Job

Most will be knocked unconscious by the sudden massive shock wave and deacceleration..a plane doing 500 mph gets blown apart it will drop to 200mph almost instantly...the thing that horrifies me is pictures of the bodies appearing on the net..have some humanity people..these are peoples loved ones.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, because you believe everything you read on the internet and nobody ever has their accounts hacked by amateurs and script kiddies - never mind professionals or foreign intelligence agencies.

Except the post was up there before anyone knew it was a passenger plane and removed once it was known. Why would anyone hack an account to say they'd shot down a plane when noone knew they'd fucked up?

Looks like you're straining to do some explaining Boris.

TdC

yeah. trying to evade has set this thing on a critical course tbh. if <whoeverdunit> had had the stones to come out and say things like unfortunate accident, contested area, yadda yadda, and arranged immediate access to the site things may have been mitigated. instead all parties involved come across as a massive set of dicks and the international community will act, having dire consequences.

Job

I cant blame the Ukraine for milking this one...its an unmissable opportunity to expose the rebels for what they are and play the good guys in a difficult situation..these so called rebels are'nt doing themselves any favours by having toothless drunks in uniforms hassling reporters and investigators at the scene..the propoganda war is over and they have lost and brought Russia down with them..

Marc

FH is my second home
The passengers would have been unconscious as soon as the first bit of the fragmented missile hit the plane. Probably within a blink of the eye, given the massive drop in speed and air pressure caused by the explosion. No one will have suffered and no one will have known what went on.

Edit: Job posted the same above

Tom

I am a FH squatter
People are presuming the entire aircraft went up in a huge explosion. My completely uneducated guess is that any missile would go for the hottest thing it saw, which would be an engine. It's perfectly feasible for a large part of the fuselage to go spiraling downward, with its passengers still concious, until it hit the ground or broke up before.

I think it's very likely that a good many people on that plane would have been concious on the way down.

Vae

Resident Freddy
The missile they think was used is radar guided and not heat seeking (unlike most man portable ones) so would have gone for the larger radar signature i.e. the fuselage not the engines.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Viewed from beneath, an aircraft's wingspan is easily as large as its fuselage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom