Fix the lag strafe(Out of view) bug?

Whats your opinion about on strafing to become "Out of view"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kanim

Banned
Bonelamencer said:
Is the problem new to excal ? lol :D Circle strafing appeared 2,5 years ago ... :touch:

nah I guess its that someone rolled their fotm charge tank expecting to wtfpwn all with f8 stick but found out they can't because someone uses more buttons than them.

Meril

Fledgling Freddie
Eemma said:
I think the only way to get thier attention is by getting
the majority of players to cancel thier acc and everyone write them
an email complaining about n00bs that strafe to win a good fight
like moik :p
Moik dosent strafe.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Moik dosent strafe.

To quote someone on irc "oh rly..."

Mr Moik happens to be a master of the spiralaling technique.

[Edit, afaik it's not against the CoC and yeah if anyone really cares I have fraps of battles vs groove where he does this]

Geuin

Fledgling Freddie
the good players know how to counter a strafer.that is what i have notice anyway.they wont hitt me 100% with style but they still do damage,and if they are lucky they get a style in.

they seem to go backwards or something.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Geuin said:
the good players know how to counter a strafer.that is what i have notice anyway.they wont hitt me 100% with style but they still do damage,and if they are lucky they get a style in.

they seem to go backwards or something.
i move back a step, stick + face + style
dry rince repeat

against people who are particularly proficient at it i found the only was was to manually face them

and occasionaly do arc's to stop those pesky grapplers getting a hold of me

if anyone has a better way im all ears :)

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Kanim said:
nah I guess its that someone rolled their fotm charge tank expecting to wtfpwn all with f8 stick but found out they can't because someone uses more buttons than them.
Yeah, you got a point there. Considering how fast the amount of strafers are growing atm, charge ability wont even be worth getting soonish.. Well we can go back to dark age of castalot, but is that really what we want?

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
Talivar said:
yea normal strafing is easy to deal with like ppl said just dont /face or /stick, but this new type of circle strafing cant be beat like that.You really cant land melee AT ALL vs ppl doing it.
Also on a side note ive noticed another weird thing lately,i can be chasing some1 and be almost on top of them but i get out of range message all the time, yet they can still do there aoe spells like shammy fart snare thing, Just lag ?

kinda reminds me of old half-life pre "new" netcoding was added in

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
That thing where ur on top of someone running away is fucking annoying, you have to destick and restick to fix it.

Dawn

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:
To quote someone on irc "oh rly..."

Mr Moik happens to be a master of the spiralaling technique.

[Edit, afaik it's not against the CoC and yeah if anyone really cares I have fraps of battles vs groove where he does this]

who??///////

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:
Yeah, you got a point there. Considering how fast the amount of strafers are growing atm, charge ability wont even be worth getting soonish.. Well we can go back to dark age of castalot, but is that really what we want?

Are you serious? speed 3 (iirc), cc immunity.

Not worth getting- my ass

Ging

Part of the furniture
Even better is when a caster who u have hit already out runs u when your still in charge + sprint :)

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Lothandar said:
Are you serious? speed 3 (iirc), cc immunity.

Not worth getting- my ass
Are you not reading well? I said it wont be worth getting.. What would be the point in speed and cc imunity when you cant hit anything? Besides running away from stuf ;p As in that is where we are headed atm.

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
Calaclya said:
Even better is when a caster who u have hit already out runs u when your still in charge + sprint :)

the funny part...!!! :twak:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
A weird thing happened to me tonight regarding out of view. It was a head on fight and went like this. You target Drmezz, I press lul, target out of view.

Now mind you, there is nothing against that person, he was in front of me at around 1800 units or so away, no hills or any obstacles (it was close to the alb maze, NE of it) and despite that i had an out of view message.

Obviously we lost (quite badly as well :p) but I was quite surprised of that incedent.

Anyone else experienced the same thing?

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
dark age of lagalot is back..

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
probably the same thing with warlocks at eras tonite...

Standing on banks so that we cant see them from eras t1 and jump casting insta's and chambers...

whole game is pretty fooked since toa and catas.......I like NF cos it makes you think but TOA and Catacombs i can do without.

Warlock imo are a bit overthe top, but some say theurgist are too....Pet spam for the win :p

But i do think that Mythic have lost sight for the overall caster class balancing.

According to the first user manual, wasn't wizard the most powerful caster in the land....hmmm not any more.

Its something we have to live with whether we like it or not..
GJ warlocks, heretics and bainshees<X>..... carry on and DAoC will die sooner or later.

<X> They still nee to fix that damn cone thro walls abuse shite, should make it rebound off walls ......reflect damage if you stand too close....for all casters.

Would stop chanters and ice wizzies pbaoe corners and gates... summat to think about

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Himse said:
Strafe is part of the game, you can use it ? so why dont you? everyone gets annoyed by it, but it happens :< live with it

Hmm... :twak: kind a lame that you can strafe, so the enemy cant hit you even when he face's you. Should be fixed even if thats the way BM's and other pull off their sidestyle in 1on1..

Drungan

One of Freddy's beloved
How about adopting and getting someone in with StT2-3? Shouldn't this solve things like this to some extent?

Anyways strafing and other (more nasty stuff) to avoid getting hit is rather lame .....

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
A weird thing happened to me tonight regarding out of view. It was a head on fight and went like this. You target Drmezz, I press lul, target out of view.

Now mind you, there is nothing against that person, he was in front of me at around 1800 units or so away, no hills or any obstacles (it was close to the alb maze, NE of it) and despite that i had an out of view message.

Obviously we lost (quite badly as well :p) but I was quite surprised of that incedent.

Anyone else experienced the same thing?

its called a lagghost

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom