Fix the lag strafe(Out of view) bug?

Whats your opinion about on strafing to become "Out of view"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
how the heck im going to melee a MoCing mage then?? huh??

zone of unmana, stun, demoralise, mezz, run away?

nah instead most try to run-through (though to be honest i did it too when played tanks-stealther class:)

liloe said:
from my experience you need to manually adjust your position to counter certain strafes. The simple run through is fixed with /face

if the dude does this perfectly ( saw about 2 persons doing it so far) /face wont help too much, thats why i usually adjust to their "rythm" + the latency and face em with mouse

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:
If you just /stick or sometimes /face it's possible for you to only hit 1 time in 10 vs someone who is good at strafing (Moik for example, although Pokai was better).

There's a few things you can do that help:

1) I you do hit them you want that to be with a hinder or a stun (although no stunning BDs...)

2) Try backing away from them, /stick or /face for a second and back away again. I find I hit more reliably that way, it's not perfect but at least you can damage them.

or never use stick or face atall and hit em freestyle ;)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
zone of unmana, stun, demoralise, mezz, run away?

nah instead most try to run-through (though to be honest i did it too when played tanks-stealther class:)

GIF banelord on rangers :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Leathas said:
run >> cmd(winNT architecture systems)
ping 193.252.123.33 /t

this IP is excal.

ty, now i can see..........ping is about 60 or so some times more when duallogged. and my bro is playing on a other acc too. see 3 accs on at the time.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
News just in , Brekahn is deleting his Drood and renaming Dancingtom , he will teach all joo how to spiral strafe fakkorz xD

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
only 3 chars that i hate strafe atm an that is : Ranges who land stun style (like they need to) Sm's who strafe to the pet gets mezz of or stuns you an bd's, not fair some noob class with 2 healer pets an instant lifeleech have to strafe so you cant land a style on them... guess the sm parts is the same for the ppl fighting cabbys with chain stunning pets ;)

Septina

Part of the furniture
Sure, and fix the runthrough qc/moc bug aswell then :)
Never ever had a problem with strafers when playing my blademaster and frankly dont understand the people that whine about it.
/face works wonders vs strafers :)
Tho i admit, trying to strafe a /face'ing BM is kinda stupid since you'll land sidestun 95% of the times xD

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Eeben said:
only 3 chars that i hate strafe atm an that is : Ranges who land stun style (like they need to) Sm's who strafe to the pet gets mezz of or stuns you an bd's, not fair some noob class with 2 healer pets an instant lifeleech have to strafe so you cant land a style on them... guess the sm parts is the same for the ppl fighting cabbys with chain stunning pets ;)
I hate minsers who uses their insta stuns and insta dd´s .. tsk like they need to... ;p Nah tbh i have no problem with other melee´ers strafing to land other styles, becouse this usually dosent bring them out of view.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:
I hate minsers who uses their insta stuns and insta dd´s .. tsk like they need to... ;p .

Its a part of the class.. dont think strafing so ppl cant land styles is a part of the bd class :wanker:

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Never ever had a problem with strafers when playing my blademaster and frankly dont understand the people that whine about it.

Myg isn't talking about people trying to land positionals, he's talking about spiraling. There's a particular combination of movements you can do that basically make it impossible to hit someone if you /stick or /face them.

I never really had a problem with people strafing to land side positionals either, same for those using run thru to land rear styles (Hello Forb!), I'm sure most long term melee players don't have a problem with that either since it's fairly easy to deal with (well at least to make it harder).

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
I play zerker in FG groups most of the time, and i can say is /face hardly works. i try to do it manually and it works pretty well. do a few steps backwards and you got more view area and hit it.

sticking and facing strafing targets is no good.
manual is abit better

Talivar

Part of the furniture
yea normal strafing is easy to deal with like ppl said just dont /face or /stick, but this new type of circle strafing cant be beat like that.You really cant land melee AT ALL vs ppl doing it.
Also on a side note ive noticed another weird thing lately,i can be chasing some1 and be almost on top of them but i get out of range message all the time, yet they can still do there aoe spells like shammy fart snare thing, Just lag ?

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Talivar said:
Also on a side note ive noticed another weird thing lately,i can be chasing some1 and be almost on top of them but i get out of range message all the time, yet they can still do there aoe spells like shammy fart snare thing, Just lag ?
just nf.

Nerve

Loyal Freddie
Talivar said:
yea normal strafing is easy to deal with like ppl said just dont /face or /stick, but this new type of circle strafing cant be beat like that.You really cant land melee AT ALL vs ppl doing it.

Think this happens when they window-drag. Screenshot and Rightnow em as soon as you see this happening.
On a side note I'm getting really tired of people always finding new fads to cheat 'within the rules'. This circle strafing thing is simply destroying the game for a lot of us (ie the ones who don't). Continue like this and Excal will consist of 300 leet playorz on average during primetime very soon, can anyone say Camlann ?

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Looks like "I dont like it, and consider it as bug abusing." choice is winning. :)

Nerve

Loyal Freddie
Rightfully so, I hope this gets sent to Mythic/GOA.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Nerve said:
Rightfully so, I hope this gets sent to Mythic/GOA.
Well i dont know if they care at all, but it is kinda sad tbh, since its totally gimping tank dmg output. And i think people are right, saying those kinda abuses will eventually make it to hard to play the game normally and thereby narrow it down to a small leet grp of 300tops people.
Truely, i dont know if they care or not, but lets ask some of the gm´s in here to take it along to way to their boss´s?
So Xalin, Requel,flim etc.. gogo.. :)

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
I think the only way to get thier attention is by getting
the majority of players to cancel thier acc and everyone write them
an email complaining about n00bs that strafe to win a good fight
like moik :p

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Well they are gonna fix tanks problem with strafers!

its called determination boost! ^_^

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
Is the problem new to excal ? lol :D Circle strafing appeared 2,5 years ago ... :touch:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
was that the last time you played mr.lvl43bonedancer4l4oncam(lol) ?

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
Do you still keep in mind my laughing at ur QQ posts on camlann boards? Go fuck urself MiGhTy HeRo :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom