Fix the lag strafe(Out of view) bug?

Whats your opinion about on strafing to become "Out of view"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Whats your views on the amount of strafing in 8v8 fighting there is these days?..
Is it okay for a BD to be imune to melee dmg unless he is stunned?
Imho lately its getting silly, every time our assist train hits an enemy they starts cirkle strafing like hell. Would love to hear a "Working as intended" statement on this lol..
Lets hear some ideers on how to fix this.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
but then how would mid casters stay alive? :(

Himse

FH is my second home
Strafe is part of the game, you can use it ? so why dont you? everyone gets annoyed by it, but it happens :< live with it

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
Give, healers a better RA 5 ability ? :> or casters for that matter ;)

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
wont vote ..coz there is no alternative i dont like it, but its apart of the game.

and yes i do use strafe myself .. though best would be that u cant do it.

Tilda

Ogen said:
Whats your views on the amount of strafing in 8v8 fighting there is these days?..
Imho lately its getting silly, every time our assist train hits an enemy they starts cirkle strafing like hell. Would love to hear a "Working as intended" statement on this lol..
/face ?

Slytale

Loyal Freddie
not everyone has a decent ping to the servers .. ie .. lag strafing affects them even more...

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
If you just /stick or sometimes /face it's possible for you to only hit 1 time in 10 vs someone who is good at strafing (Moik for example, although Pokai was better).

There's a few things you can do that help:

1) I you do hit them you want that to be with a hinder or a stun (although no stunning BDs...)

2) Try backing away from them, /stick or /face for a second and back away again. I find I hit more reliably that way, it's not perfect but at least you can damage them.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Maybe im a noob but ive found some ppl can somehow strafe and not be hittable in melee no matter what u do, on classic server we got sick of a certain sorc doing it so as a test next time we met his fg 4 tanks all spread around him and tried hitting from every angle and used all the step back /face ect tricks... Not 1
hit landed he was just perma OOv.

P.s pls before we flamed for not CCing him with our other classes, remeber we wanted to test if he was hittable in melee.

Kanim

Banned
its fine imo, but then I play caster/support 95% of the time :) , I guess it's impossible /not simple to fix. I'm sure if you search vn someone has took the time to write a detailed explanation as to why it can't/won't be fixed.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
well strafing on its own isnt too much of a problem.

its "spiraling" thats makes it a bugger to hit someone. very few players I come accross spiral.

When someone just plain strafes /facing or /sticking is not the solution like people say you actually rotate automatically but you are kind of a few milliseconds behind where the server thinks they are.

I find against plan strafe just back pedalling and manually over rotating so they are kind of in front of you is the best way. Also counter strafe the opposite direction to them and use side styles u will land them.

either that or just FZ them. they can strafe all they like then.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
remove run through shit aswell then,,, it's abit easier to encounter it, but same shit anyhow.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
they should use the city of heroes system to fix it

you cast a spell at something, you auto-face and casts it
you do a melee style, it faces, if they out of range, it holds it till you next to them then does it, rather than the *not in view* / *out of range* stuff

and tbh, if you have to strafe to win, you need help

liloe

It's my birthday today!
from my experience you need to manually adjust your position to counter certain strafes. The simple run through is fixed with /face

Btw, at certain sorces on classic bein immune. I don't play there and ofc I haven't seen him, but there's also the much worse thing called "window dragging". I wanted to see the effect of it once and I tried it out on my buffbot in thid ( I don't think I hurt anyone with that =) ).....I was like wtf and imho THAT needs fixing before everything else because it sux balls. You can counter strafing, but ppl who drag abuse should really kicked hard. Ever healed at 3000 range? And if it works for healing, it works for all spells I think....fix it plz =)

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
i cant even land back-snare style because of my ping(90),i just stick a person and run with him for minutes without even getting a hit landed.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Tilda said:
Yeah mate roll a tank and try /face on a circkle strafing target.. lol.

And btw, i ment strafing in 8v8, in those lovely little cirkles, to become unhitable.. not strafing in 1on1 to land other styles since this isnt a problem as you cant hit anything if your strafing. IE you have to stop to hit :)

My ideer would be to recreate the melee physics into something closer to WoW then daoc is atm. So you can hit people even if they are standing left or right to you, maybe a little longer hit range aswell.
Think that would end the strafe madness tbh.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
there is away of fixing it but it would mean re-working the actual game code.
1) they could do the WoW approach and make characters to enemy realms solid so u cant run through them
2) They could make it so that if a person is within say 50-100 units of you the style/spell lands anyway regardless whether in view or not
3) They could code it so that /face and /stick happen server side
4) Make it so if you lag you stand still rather than move around (partial fix ofc since wont affect your latency)

imo :)
All would take a long time to do and its highly unlikely mythic would put the effort in

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
I think strafing is fun when I play my WL tbh :)
I don’t do it myself, but the ppl that do just get nuked 0.1 sec later and I have to watch if the char is out of view and THEN hit the LT a second time. If I’m on 75%+ HP I just PBAE and they can strafe all they want :)

But ofc it should be fixed.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
strafeing is fine, NF-melee lagg is crap tho.

Lethul

FH is my second home
[CE]Hjendug said:
Give, healers a better RA 5 ability ? :> or casters for that matter ;)

yeeah, healers need stuff to be on par with clerics/druids :D

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
from my experience you need to manually adjust your position to counter certain strafes. The simple run through is fixed with /face

Btw, at certain sorces on classic bein immune. I don't play there and ofc I haven't seen him, but there's also the much worse thing called "window dragging". I wanted to see the effect of it once and I tried it out on my buffbot in thid ( I don't think I hurt anyone with that =) ).....I was like wtf and imho THAT needs fixing before everything else because it sux balls. You can counter strafing, but ppl who drag abuse should really kicked hard. Ever healed at 3000 range? And if it works for healing, it works for all spells I think....fix it plz =)

such language!:p (referring to the suction of ballies section)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
remove run through shit aswell then,,, it's abit easier to encounter it, but same shit anyhow.

how the heck im going to melee a MoCing mage then?? huh??

Leathas said:
i cant even land back-snare style because of my ping(90),i just stick a person and run with him for minutes without even getting a hit landed.

0o u can see Ping in daoc?? how tell me. like to see how bad is mine

ok my input. i do starfe but as much to land a side chain, not more. only use walk through very rare, thats becouse most targets i fight are assassins. usually i get garroted and there is no point for it.

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
strafe was bad in of, in nf they've added regular melee-lag to the equation meaning that ppl like zzang (which one might say is an authority on the subject) drops out of range of targets sprinting away when sprinting himself. this "bug", combined with the old-fashioned strafing now causes circle-strafing to make people virtually completely invulnerable to melee when done properly. however I don't care that much, casters have trouble with runthroughs, tanks with strafing. think it pretty much evens it out and makes for longer fights in 8v8. in other words: problem? yes, but hardly the biggest one with the game. :m00:

Bibop

Fledgling Freddie
stubbe said:
strafe was bad in of, in nf they've added regular melee-lag to the equation meaning that ppl like zzang (which one might say is an authority on the subject) drops out of range of targets sprinting away when sprinting himself. this "bug", combined with the old-fashioned strafing now causes circle-strafing to make people virtually completely invulnerable to melee when done properly. however I don't care that much, casters have trouble with runthroughs, tanks with strafing. think it pretty much evens it out and makes for longer fights in 8v8. in other words: problem? yes, but hardly the biggest one with the game. :m00:

amen

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
0o u can see Ping in daoc?? how tell me. like to see how bad is mine
run >> cmd(winNT architecture systems)
ping 193.252.123.33 /t

this IP is excal.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:

What's your views on the amount of whining in 8v8 fighting there is these days?..
Is it okay for numbnuts to whine and be immune to reason unless they are slapped?
Imho lately it's getting silly, every time we open the rvr discussion forum the whiners start circle whining like hell. Would love to hear a "Whining as intended" statement on this lol..

Edit: Made it a bit more friendly

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
To hop on the topic: Yes casters don't have any problems casting at tanks.

;[

For numbnuts: That was sarcasm

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Whatever you say strafing is not a bulletproof tactic versus a tank that doesn't just stick/face.

MORE than less I land all my styles on strafers. Sadly /face is not enough anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom