Fins list: is that fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nashkraag

There are atm 2 lvl 50 chanters in fins grp (Mordje and Radioactive), one of them holding the list (Mordje) and both lvling others chars in grp too so only healer classes are allowed to join the grp as long as they will be pulling till their alts ding 50

I ask, is this fair enough when there are lot of ppl waiting to lvl (and play) a single char?

Why cant those guys log out his chanters and play their alts instead?

Why are u guys fecking the fins?

V

VodkaFairy

Don't level at fins :(

Fins is for the lazy people, make a group and have fun somewhere in a dungeon or whatever.

E

Ensceptifica

Everybody has the right to camp mobs any way he pleases. Fins are overrated anyway.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Its a camp sight like any other, nothing special about fins no more, plenty better places to exp.

as a suggestion... leave em to it.

2 level 50 chanters will make steady exp for the other people in the group and im sure they will bugger off once they have got their mates to 50.

There are a lot better places 2 50 chanters could go to make exp for their alts / guildies, but if the group leader is happy or they are the group leader then theres really no point whining about em.

O

old.Thanatlos

Fins list is the funniest thing ever to appear in this game :)
There's like a whole lot of spots better or equal than fins that never get camped. There are places with higher bonuses, places closer to bindstones, places closer to merchants/healers, places with higher cons, places with lower cons.
It's just amazing how people can get focused on steady exp at all cost instead of playing this game for the reason it's called a game: fun.

Go chain pooka's at old exprates without pbaoe :) hihi, now that was funny :) Boring, but fun because we were trying out new spots, not because they were the best but because it was different, needed different tactics other than heal pet, heal pet, pbaoe pbaoe..
go and try and pull 10 knights with 1 fg, uber fun for everyone involved (need an awake group though)

C

censi

fins are uber with 4 chanters and ungrped mana bot. and constant 0 dt chaining.

I usually play radioactive but Im not today so your talking about someone else in this post.

Nash this is the reality of it.

Solo tank: Hi can I join the fins list pls.

Sure your 12th on the list. Should be about 20 hours or so.

After waiting for 15 hours fins list disbands. Try again next day.
-----------------------------------------
Solo Tank with lvl 50 Chanter Bot: Hi Can I join the fins list please lvl 50 Mana chanter with Lvl XX tank to PL.

Sure m8, Will have a spot in about 1 hour.

At the end of the day, we are going to be using Focus pulls on Fins untill it gets nerfed. The priority of the List holder is to keep the group optimised. (well thats my priority anyway)

I been running the list for the last few days and every day there were about 20 tanks on the list. and few Chanters.

Cant really see anything wrong here. Escpecially when all the tanks do in fins grps are go AFK. At least with a chanter bot the person is working his ass off to get XP.

Theres nothing wrong with this in my opinion.

tbh theres not that many spots better than fins. That are viable for a 24/7 operation. Rule out DF cuz it switches hands. Rule out knights cuz a solo man cant easily get there. SI, I have looked but havent been able to find a 3 baff, small wander range radius, red/purp con insta spawn.

Tbh if you want a fins grp then the best bet is to get up early. We cant just expect to log into the game and jump into the best XP area on hibernia and finish when we see fit. You have to make the effort to get into the group in the first place.

Believe me I would much rather enter the group without my chanter and sit and watch all day. But this way I can actually ensure we can constantly pull all day and people in the group are happy.

And btw id be suprised if there were only 2 chanters in the grp today. I usually run it 4 PBAOE. 2 Healers. 2 Anything.

A

angara-ffs

Thread about fins number 3242344352345345! :rolleyes:

Giv or take a few btw :p

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Nashkraag
There are atm 2 lvl 50 chanters in fins grp (Mordje and Radioactive), one of them holding the list (Mordje) and both lvling others chars in grp too so only healer classes are allowed to join the grp as long as they will be pulling till their alts ding 50

I ask, is this fair enough when there are lot of ppl waiting to lvl (and play) a single char?

Why cant those guys log out his chanters and play their alts instead?

Why are u guys fecking the fins?

seeing that things started to change from my 3rd to my 4th L50 char when leveling those I pretty much can assume that tanks gets ignored (like NSs and Rangers back then) fairly often. That ain't fair. So i'd think it's somewhat justified if you look at the mentality in the game now (hibernian PvE).

Therefor I can see why they are doing this, and wont say that they shouldn't even if it is a bit unfair. But so is ignoring sertain classes asswell.

Maybe a bit biased since I know whos playing Radio, but this will be my view from now on.

Oh, and would it have been a normal PB setup (as in no freaking pet pulls) I bet that Esajv would be in the group and you wouldn't see Radio there ;)

C

censi

oh yer nash my friend, but the part about loggin the chanter and just playing the tanks to let other chanters in...

believe me this is something I try and do ASAP. as it means I can watch DVD's all day!

So bright...
So beutifull...

Ahhh precious!!

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by censi
fins are uber with 4 chanters and ungrped mana bot. and constant 0 dt chaining.

I usually play radioactive but Im not today so your talking about someone else in this post.

Nash this is the reality of it.

Solo Tank with lvl 50 Chanter Bot: Hi Can I join the fins list please lvl 50 Mana chanter with Lvl XX tank to PL.

At the end of the day, we are going to be using Focus pulls on Fins untill it gets nerfed. The priority of the List holder is to keep the group optimised. (well thats my priority anyway)

I been running the list for the last few days and every day there were about 20 tanks on the list. and few Chanters.

Cant really see anything wrong here. Escpecially when all the tanks do in fins grps are go AFK. At least with a chanter bot the person is working his ass off to get XP.

tbh theres not that many spots better than fins. That are viable for a 24/7 operation. Rule out DF cuz it switches hands. Rule out knights cuz a solo man cant easily get there. SI, I have looked but havent been able to find a 3 baff, small wander range radius, red/purp con insta spawn.

Tbh if you want a fins grp then the best bet is to get up early. We cant just expect to log into the game and jump into the best XP area on hibernia and finish when we see fit. You have to make the effort to get into the group in the first place.

Believe me I would much rather enter the group without my chanter and sit and watch all day. But this way I can actually ensure we can constantly pull all day and people in the group are happy.

And btw id be suprised if there were only 2 chanters in the grp today. I usually run it 4 PBAOE. 2 Healers. 2 Anything.

as long as you don't fumble with a relic, you look rather smart ;)

E

elaida

Well, what about cash? Doesnt level 50 wanna have cash too?
And btw, there are two taken tankspots in fins.

N

Nashkraag

Well, I think fins are still the best spot to lvl fast 40-48 and Im not talking about fun, Im talking about xp/hour.

I know, aswell, how the fins grp works lately with 3-4 chanters, 2-3 healers and X filling grp but this is, definetely, not fair. If you have a 50 mana chanter u can PL whatever you want but.. what happens if u havent it?

Finally, grps with 3 chanters run ok but why must be those chanters 50s? let the others play and xp at same time while your tanks leech, couse tanks at fins atm are leechers.

E

elaida

bad for them w/o 50chanters.
Its aint our problem you can go up an early morning and wait for a spot, if you had been there 06:00am you have had your frigging spot. All we in grp have been there for bout 6-7h soonish, atleast.

Z

Ziva

These 50's are both lame and should fo the finsspot imho. Selfish twats! Only reason for having a 50 at fins is because there isn't a lower char to fill the group so they take temporarily a 50.

And this is my opinion on every spot, if it is frequently camped by regular groups, don't go PL your char there or leave when a group of lower levels wants to use the spot. Give fg's a chance to xp normally, not everyone wants to level his/her char by the stupid focuspulling.

E

elaida

Stop fucking whine about this fucking pl, ppl does it and you cant fucking stop it.

Z

Ziva

Originally posted by elaida
Stop fucking whine about this fucking pl, ppl does it and you cant fucking stop it.

Who made u king?

People whine if they want to, even about PL and there is no f*****g way for you to stop people from doing that ok?

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Ziva
Give fg's a chance to xp normally, not everyone wants to level his/her char by the stupid focuspulling.

Doing fins, camping the same spot under the same tree 24/7 even with a old school pb team isnt exactly living the game now is it? No one wants to pull fins, they do so out of necessity or lack of imagination.

Focus pull is the fastest, safest way to level, fins spot should be focus only imo as what is really important is how quickly people level and makeway for for someone else to level there.

Focus pulling isnt 'stupid', but some peoples attitudes towards it can be. Whos to say that one method of exping is more or less valid than any other?

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by censi

So unless you have 2 accounts or access to a second account you aint got a chance of getting a fins slot unless you are a druid, bard or chanter?

Sums up all that is wrong in Hib xping atm imo.

Afraid i have to agree with Censi though, you have to play the hand you are dealt, and as GOA have stacked the deck this is the way it has to be.

Z

Ziva

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
Doing fins, camping the same spot under the same tree 24/7 even with a old school pb team isnt exactly living the game now is it? No one wants to pull fins, they do so out of necessity or lack of imagination.

Focus pull is the fastest, safest way to level, fins spot should be focus only imo as what is really important is how quickly people level and makeway for for someone else to level there.

Focus pulling isnt 'stupid', but some peoples attitudes towards it can be. Whos to say that one method of exping is more or less valid than any other?

Well imho focuspulling is stupid and i think i'm entitled to have my opinion just as i respect yours. I "live" this game more with a group of 8 random people playing random classes at a nice spot. In fact... i even prefer the risks and less fast xp (not to mention meeting new people, having a laugh etc.) above have my pet do all the work and me looking at it from a distance while beeing safe and getting fast xp.

However i have to agree on the fact Mythic is to blame for this and nobody else. If they make it possible for one single char to make even or better xp then people would get when playing a mixed group of equal leveled chars people will use it ofc.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Ziva
Well imho focuspulling is stupid and i think i'm entitled to have my opinion just as i respect yours. I "live" this game more with a group of 8 random people playing random classes at a nice spot. In fact... i even prefer the risks and less fast xp (not to mention meeting new people, having a laugh etc.) above have my pet do all the work and me looking at it from a distance while beeing safe and getting fast xp.

You are ofc entitled to your oppinion though 'stupid' isnt really a very descriptive way of explaining why you dont like it.

I agree, and feel similarly about exp spots and settling for less exp for more of a game, I have done about 3 levels over all my chars at fins at most.

But, thats not what fins are about, fins are there for people who just want to get 50 quick, perhaps dont have time to make groups to goto EZ or wilder exp spots and are frankly tired of pve. Im pretty sure theres a large number of rvr'ers out there who see the 50 levels leading up to rvr as nothing more than an incoveniece to get through as fast and efficiently as possible. Surely we can leave this easy spot for those people to use in this mannar while we can be quiet and sound in the knowledge that our trips to tur suil, ez etc are far more fun and better all round?

C

censi

I discovered this the hard way to.

I didnt have radio and got up early (0600) Fins list was already going and it took 10 hours for me to get a spot. (even though i was number1 tank)

Sorry but it is a case of either being the victim or being the beneficary.

I have been both so understand people frustrations.

I hate lvling so tbh i just want to get it over and done with as soon as possible.

(this bladeMesiter should ding 50 with 4 days played time though which is cool)

N

Nemue

whats the point of even having the list when it's like this, if the ppl thats camping the spot doesnt even intend to follow the list, then don't have one.

instead of giving every nonwanted class a number, tell them to bugger off or whatever, certainly better than waiting on a spot that will never be yours..

J

justintime

I have to admit I have misgivings about the way fins lists are being handled of late, specifically about the group format.

Sure there is no rule that states that you must have a particular layout, but the old style PB groups had slots for stalkers, and would sometimes accept 2 ae mages instead of a PB. They seemed an awful lot fairer, and to be honest where much more intesting, particularly the deep ez ones (fins = uber boring).

I feel very sorry for anyone trying to level up a melee char who doesn't either have access to a second account with either a bot or a class needed for focus pulls.

One thing I would say is that you don't need a full group to get good xp, it's surprising what a trio can achieve (typically 2x damage dealer, 1 support).

V

vintervargen

manabot
2 druids
1 shield tank
5 animists !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread