Final Fantasy XIII

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So what do people think those that have tried it so far? I think its amazing so far, very worthy holder of a final fantasy name :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Got my hands on it at a midnight launch, only played about 4 1/2 hours so far (shiva sisters) and it is NOW actually quite good. First hour or two I wasn't a big fan, felt like there was a lack of character development in any way. But when the new systems opened up, it really did hook me and everything became a bit better. Will play some more when I actually have the time to.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Overdriven summed it up perfectly, i cant actually add anything on to it :/

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I wonder how long it'll take for us to be able to choose party members. I'm about 8 hours in and I'm still stuck using whoever they give me.

Exactly the same thing happened in FF9, but that's my favourite PS1 FF.

By the way, Lightning's eidolon fight is hard as balls compared to anything else so far. Seems out of place, difficulty wise.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Everyone I know of that has this game says it is the best FF in a long while and more than makes up for the dissappointment that was FF12. It looks amazing to be honest and I'm not swayed by the bad reviews at all, going to be picking it up myself soon and apparantley the difficulty really ramps up when you get a way into the game.

Should look awesome on my 26" HD monitor!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Going to get it from Tesco tonight. To be fair all FF games are pretty average for the first 5 hours or so, they assume you have never played a FF game and introduce you to it all slowly. Wife is away at the weekend so I should get plenty of game time. Looking forward to it.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Going to get it from Tesco tonight. To be fair all FF games are pretty average for the first 5 hours or so, they assume you have never played a FF game and introduce you to it all slowly. Wife is away at the weekend so I should get plenty of game time. Looking forward to it.

Supposedly a lot of people are put of due to how linear the "opening" is and how long it lasts, most people (and actually reviewers) don't get passed it so don't see the real scope and depth of the game, they say the tutorial and learning curve can last upwards to 20-25 hours gameplay.

Laddey

FH is my second home
EDIT - it's out for the PS3?! Why on the advert does it only say xbox 360.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
EDIT - it's out for the PS3?! Why on the advert does it only say xbox 360.

It doesn't say "only 360", it says "out now on xbox 360" or something. Subtle-yet-huge difference :)

Laddey

FH is my second home
It doesn't say "only 360", it says "out now on xbox 360" or something. Subtle-yet-huge difference :)
Yeah it does, you're right.

But isn't that shit advertising? For the extra 3 seconds work!

Some people wouldn't think to google it, stupid as it is i know they wouldn't!

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah it does, you're right.

But isn't that shit advertising? For the extra 3 seconds work!

Some people wouldn't think to google it, stupid as it is i know they wouldn't!

The ad is by Microsoft, not Square Enix. They're not going to give Sony free advertising :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its also better on the PS3

Its on 1 disk as opposed to 3 and its got high rez FMV.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Its also better on the PS3

Its on 1 disk as opposed to 3 and its got high rez FMV.

Yup, 360 users should have bought a ps3 from the offset, it was developped on a ps3 and ported from a ps3 so naturally it'll look 10x nicer on a ps3 than it will on the 360, goes for all future FF games aswell.

Myself i'm about 12hours ish in (just got to that air ship thing to rescue vanille and sazh, loving it so far :> there are hunts later on i'm told like FF12 (which was awesome I might add, most FF fans couldnt get into 12 because they don't like change in the old battle systems) also told theres Ultima/omega weapon aswell.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Yup, 360 users should have bought a ps3 from the offset, it was developped on a ps3 and ported from a ps3 so naturally it'll look 10x nicer on a ps3 than it will on the 360, goes for all future FF games aswell.

IF the next main FF (FF15) is actually on PS3 and 360, I don't think there would be a big difference between the two. Sure, Sony's western first party studios are kicking arse graphics wise, but Japanese developers are far behind technically. I don't think SE are capable of pushing the PS3 hard enough to create something the 360 can't match.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
IF the next main FF (FF15) is actually on PS3 and 360, I don't think there would be a big difference between the two. Sure, Sony's western first party studios are kicking arse graphics wise, but Japanese developers are far behind technically. I don't think SE are capable of pushing the PS3 hard enough to create something the 360 can't match.

There will be a noticable difference, not to casual gamers perhaps but it'll look better purely because its created and ported directly from the ps3 onto the 360, minute changes perhaps but none the less :p better is better as far as FF goes you want the best possible viewing experience for the amazing FMV's and what not.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
There will be a noticable difference, not to casual gamers perhaps but it'll look better purely because its created and ported directly from the ps3 onto the 360, minute changes perhaps but none the less :p better is better as far as FF goes you want the best possible viewing experience for the amazing FMV's and what not.

The 360 was mainly screwed because the deal to port it over came quite late in development. If they know they're developing for both consoles from the start, they'll be able to create fairly equal experiences (not including video and sound quality, which is purely a space issue).

Laddey

FH is my second home
I'm going to spend my Sunday on this tomorrow. Omg i get excite!

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
After a slow start, I'm beginning to love this game. Chapter 6 was so good, yet somehow 7 kicked it's arse, and then chapter 9 holy shit...... game is getting good.

Laddey

FH is my second home
I bought it today, including the strategy guide.

I'm sat in my room, with the missus. It's here, ready, waiting to be played and she isn't allowing it!! omgggggg

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I bought it today, including the strategy guide.

I'm sat in my room, with the missus. It's here, ready, waiting to be played and she isn't allowing it!! omgggggg

Put on desperate housewives on the...no wait, that won't work...you need the tv...Oh my gods...

Peolpe! PEOPLE! We have a Code GF/UBAR!

We have a man, with a GF, who wants to play, but isn't allowed and he can't put desperete housewives on to distract the GF unit! :eek6:

Military.jpg

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Really enjoying it so far, got nailed by Odin but worked it out in the end. I assume later on there is a bit more exploring to do? A world map etc? If its just a series of roads I can see it getting pretty tedious.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just finished Final Fantasy 13 :) on doing the side-quest hunts now, currently on hunt 8.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Really enjoying it so far, got nailed by Odin but worked it out in the end. I assume later on there is a bit more exploring to do? A world map etc? If its just a series of roads I can see it getting pretty tedious.

No world map like previous games now, but huge areas to explore etc.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Just started it.

Still on chapter 1...Want wait to get out of this place, it's crap :(

Lost Oddysey(sp) was better so far!!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
What sucked about ff12 = No random battles, No world map and no fly-able vehicle.

Any change there?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
What sucked about ff12 = No random battles, No world map and no fly-able vehicle.

Any change there?

nah no change, same in those respects.

12 was awesome, I don't know why so many people say it sucked :p i've almost got every final fantasy game ever released across all formats and I can honestly say 12 was amazing... it gave you alot more freedom previous games didn't, turn based combat from previous games was fun to an extent but it gets old when used repeatedly and i'm sure thats what square is trying to avoid :p its just a shame people can't realise that.

All I see from people now is "Ah its alright, but its no final fantasy vii" its the story that made 7 great not the combat system and as for all final fantasy games the stories are amazing, no game even comes close story wise.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just started it.

Still on chapter 1...Want wait to get out of this place, it's crap :(

Lost Oddysey(sp) was better so far!!

takes time for the story to unfold, its not just bam in your face from the start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom