Film Films that were allegedly good or rumoured to be good, but were shite.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Exactly, it has 50% more breast than other films!
Clearly you have avoided the section of the internets dedicated to pr0n. You = Fail.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
only one movie I've ever not seen to the end
and thats.......Southland Tales..

I liked Juno, I liked Transformers, I liked Lotr,
and I liked most of what people here seem to want to
diss seemling souly for beeing well, mainstream

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I find the Will Ferrell comments interesting - I'd wondered for some time now if it was just me failing to get the joke(s). No, he's just shit.

Regarding Starship Troopers, I would have preferred they stuck more closely to the original Heinlein novel and made it more gritty. I still enjoyed it, but mostly because here and there inbetween the gloss was that dark streak of humour that made Robocop so great. Starship Troopers was a bit weak, fun action, and a reasonable popcorn popper for me. The sequel is appalling but the third one has a kind of dreadful awesomeness. The kind of thing you start to enjoy but feel guilty for liking something so trashy.

I tend to find anything with Denzel Washington in it highly overrated. There are a few exceptions, such as Training Day, but mostly his stuff is duller than that grey man who presents X Factor.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I find the Will Ferrell comments interesting - I'd wondered for some time now if it was just me failing to get the joke(s). No, he's just shit.

Yeah me as well, I even thought Anchor Man was shit and totally unfunny and thats meant to be his finest hour.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah me as well, I even thought Anchor Man was shit and totally unfunny and thats meant to be his finest hour.

I thought anchor man was awesome, although the first time i watched it i thought it was terrible, it definitely requires a couple of watches. he was great in old school, eastbound and down and i think step brothers was OK'ish. Apart from that he has been massively disapointing for me.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I agree that Anchorman is a great film, but other than that he's over-used and over-rated

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

Yep, a girl I work beside was all "ZOMG FUNNIEST FILM EVAR". I think I maybe laughed twice.

It was an ok film but it was by no means ace or that funny.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
The thing is the funny bits in it were nothing to do with Will Farrell, the funniest thing in it was him who is in the American Office.

Old School was a good film though, but not because of Farrell.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm sorry, but Role Models was actually hilarious. I thought it was going to be shit, but it was great. "you white, you ben afleck" classis.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Yes, I did laugh my ass off at Role Models, particularly the popcorn in the face bit :).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes, I did laugh my ass off at Role Models, particularly the popcorn in the face bit :).

I have to admit I have seen it about 7 times. I had it on my phone memory card and whenever I was at someone's house who had not seen it, I would convince them to watch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom