Question Film of The Year 2015

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Finally saw Kinsman last night - epic fun, haven't laughed that hard in ages. Agree on the Church scene, probably the best of its kind since the lobby scene in The Matrix. Loads of great moments, and probably the best use of Land of Hope and Glory I've scene.

Also caught up on Avengers (very watchable) and Ted 2 (amusing, but nowhere near as funny as the first).

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Finally saw Kinsman last night - epic fun, haven't laughed that hard in ages. Agree on the Church scene, probably the best of its kind since the lobby scene in The Matrix. Loads of great moments, and probably the best use of Land of Hope and Glory I've scene.

Also caught up on Avengers (very watchable) and Ted 2 (amusing, but nowhere near as funny as the first).
That church is about 200yds up the road from my workshop, they were there for about 2 months filming that

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That church is about 200yds up the road from my workshop, they were there for about 2 months filming that

It's NOT St Augustine's though, right?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Watched Ex Machina last night. Interesting but I'm not sure if there was any point to the ending.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Watched Ex Machina last night. Interesting but I'm not sure if there was any point to the ending.
Think the point was that AI doesn't give a fuck about us.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think I will have to say The Martian, for me.....

ECA

I am a FH squatter
"Dont make sexbots that are smarter than you" would be a better point.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Changed my mind. If Dicaprio doesn't get an Oscar for The Revenant then Hollywood is utterly fucked. The camerawork is outstanding too.

Last edited:

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Changed my mind. If Dicaprio doesn't get an Oscar for The Revenant then Hollywood is utterly fucked. The camerawork is outstanding too.

Saving it to watch next week along w/ hateful eight.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
The Big Short is an outstanding film. The Revenant also excellent and based on real events which is fucked up.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I'd say The Martian. It left me craving for more after it had finished, which a film rarely does that to me.

I've heard The Revenant is also good so I'll have to watch that soon.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
"Dont make sexbots that are smarter than you" would be a better point.

Yep, people so easily forget Asimov's fourth law of robotics "robots should be hot or clever, but never both"

Syri

FH is my second home
I think out of the films I have seen, I'd go with The Martian as well. It just has that bit more appeal to it, with the right balance of drama, humour and invention, all balanced out. I did enjoy a lot of the films I saw, but I think that one is more of a complete experience, rather than just a great action film, or a good example of sci-fi.

Trem

The Martian book which the film is based on is very good and goes into intricate detail on everything he does. Says my wife. I can't read.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I just watched Sicario. I've changed my mind, this takes top spot. What a great film.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
The Martian book which the film is based on is very good and goes into intricate detail on everything he does. Says my wife. I can't read.

Yes it does, it's a very good read and covers the science a lot more.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The BBC are reporting that The Martian won the Best comedy or musical award at the Golden globes...

er...was it supposed to be funny? I know a few bits were funnyish but I wouldn't call it a comedy and I certainly don't remember any singing.

Great film, but what?!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Watched it last night. Some funny incidents good film. But some things were telegraphed and predictable.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
The BBC are reporting that The Martian won the Best comedy or musical award at the Golden globes...

er...was it supposed to be funny? I know a few bits were funnyish but I wouldn't call it a comedy and I certainly don't remember any singing.

Great film, but what?!

I've always found the Golden Globes a bit of a joke. They've become an industry back-slapping event rather than an award for actual merit, even more so than the Oscars.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I wouldn't have given it best film and it was played more for laughs than science. But still it's a bit of a stretch...

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I just watched Sicario. I've changed my mind, this takes top spot. What a great film.
I recently watched this and thought it was absolutely awesome too, great acting, great story but Benicio stole the film for me.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Brilliant film but made brilliant by Benicio.
Agreed.
When he finally meets up with the man that killed his family at the estate having tea with his wife and kids, just wow.

Trem

Agreed.
When he finally meets up with the man that killed his family at the estate having tea with his wife and kids, just wow.
I just love how his intensity built throughout the film until like you said he got his revenge. Mind blowing performance.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I loved Sicario too.

Don't miss Creed - it's also excellent - surprisingly so.....

Trem

I loved Sicario too.

Don't miss Creed - it's also excellent - surprisingly so.....
Oh god no, it was the worst in the franchise mate. Bordering on gay. I hated it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom