Fifa 12

eksdee

FH is my second home
Fucking outstanding.

Can't wait for the full release to play online. Add me if you want to play some games: Miriola (Xbox Live).

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
So far all I've heard is that the engine is horrible and people keep falling over one another? I haven't had the chance to play it myself yet as I am without a console or PC.. Apparently the PC version will be exactly the same as the console version so I think I'll get it for myself at christmas if it gets good reviews :)

eksdee

FH is my second home
There were a lot of glitches in the demo build, I've seen nothing out of sorts in the pre-release build so far. Some slightly odd things do happen at times, but it's new technology and for the most part it does what it is supposed to very well.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I enjoyed PES more again this year so went for that.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I don't think you could make a football game any more boring, I've yet to play 2 games in a row because it's so dull.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Defending is really a challenge now. Have to say I'm struggling with it. My first online games have ended: 4-4 with a win on pens, then I moved on to the new 'Seasons' mode (ranked) and drew 2-2 in my first game with Napoli. Was quite happy because I hadn't played as Napoli before. Went back to playing as Chelsea and won 3-2. Pretty much dominated the game but gave away two very tiresome goals due to bad defending. Playing against random people can still be rather vexing due to the fact that it seems 95% of the opponents you meet can only score the typical sweaty goals.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Polarising games last night, lost as many as I won. Finding it really frustrating that 90% of my losses come against people that A) use the goalkeeper/auto defence 'feature' (cheat imo) and B) can only score extremely sweaty goals.

I suppose in some ways I'm the architect of my own downfall if all I wanted to do was win, but I absolutely refuse to score every goal from cut-backs and constant chipped through balls.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Pre-ordered this, will be the first FIFA I've owned since RTWC98.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Polarising games last night, lost as many as I won. Finding it really frustrating that 90% of my losses come against people that A) use the goalkeeper/auto defence 'feature' (cheat imo) and B) can only score extremely sweaty goals.

I suppose in some ways I'm the architect of my own downfall if all I wanted to do was win, but I absolutely refuse to score every goal from cut-backs and constant chipped through balls.

wtf is a sweaty goal???

eksdee

FH is my second home
Anything lame - mostly cutbacks or just using chipped through balls every time you get in posession as 1 in 10 will tend to put someone straight through.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Well, obviously. It's hard to explain, but it's just a certain style of play that is more based on exploiting the 'systems' put in place by the game than trying to play good football. The argument obviously lies in whether you see it as a football 'game' or a football 'sim' and whether winning is the most important. I, unfortunately, am rather competitive but am similarly burdened with the feeling I need to play good football.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Decided to get the game then trade it in for PES should be interesting.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Well, obviously. It's hard to explain, but it's just a certain style of play that is more based on exploiting the 'systems' put in place by the game than trying to play good football. The argument obviously lies in whether you see it as a football 'game' or a football 'sim' and whether winning is the most important. I, unfortunately, am rather competitive but am similarly burdened with the feeling I need to play good football.
Like the cunts who happily score after the goal-kick goes straight to the opposition striker? :p

Cut-backs didn't seem much of a problem in FIFA11, nothing like on PES anyway, is it that bad on 12?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Well, not really, now that I am more used to the defending it's a lot easier to stop the cheap tactics. I won my last three games really easily, but can't play tonight as the early release ran out and I am getting my copy tomorrow morning from a shop.

And yeah, the goal kick thing is frustrating. I really dislike punting goal kicks but you're forced to so often. :<

Aada

Part of the furniture
What's the secret to fucking defending?

Please someone help as so far the game has been demoralising, the standing tackle thing does fuck all accept to be the magic intercept pass button.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Lots of switching players to block passing routes, getting the feel of when to use the standing tackle and not holding down sprint all the time. I honestly feel that once you get your head round it, which is a bit of an ordeal no doubt, it makes the whole game so much better.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
So I keep going back to the demo, thinking I'll enjoy it more, it's really not happening. Doesn't help that I'm getting absolutely lashed every game I play :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
Fuck this pile of shit in literally at the side of players hammering the fucking tackle button and he's just running along on a Sunday jog it feels like I can't do anything without having to press every single button on the pad at the same time.

Trading it in roll on PES.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Yeah god forbid it should take some effort to defend instead of holding two buttons to send people aimlessly after the ball. All the whine about Tactical Defending is getting old. Sports games need to evolve - people are always complaining about how they don't, and when they do all hell breaks loose.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Bought it earlier and enjoying it, the defendings hard to get used to, but feels more realistic to me with blocking routes to goal, jockeying and trying to steal the ball at the right time.

Fifa11 used to annoy me how to could just run in and mash and hey presto, you had the ball.

good improvement on last year for me so far.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I do like the idea of it I just need to keep playing, its just so annoying being right along side a striker hammering the standing tackle button and nothing fuckin happens!

Will keep playing till PES and maybe ill have changed my mind.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You need to get in the right position to tackle. Pressing tackle shouldn't be some automatic thing regardless of where you. You wouldn't shoot facing the wrong way to goal by the touchline, so why would you try and tackle in the wrong place?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Exactly.

I'm so utterly addicted to Ultimate Team at the moment. 23-0-12 as it stands, won two tournaments and completed the base of my Bundesliga team. Building a Premier League side on the cheap from my winnings now, but it's going to be a slow burner as I'm trying to build it purely from bargains found while scouring the auction system.

This mode makes me feel some empathy to Harry Redknapp. Buying and selling is so addictive. I've been up to as much as 50,000 coins today, and as low as 12,000 buying and selling.

Such a brilliant game. Going to upload some replays from UT mode from my Bundesliga 11 later on. Got a few pearlers.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Why not just play FM instead?

On that subject, Wazzerphuk, I think something that should be changed in FM is that amount of newgens that have stupid pube hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom