Fifa 12

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I think I've gotten the nack of the defending now like, only playing on Professional mind, but I'm not conceding 3+ goals per game now :p It's the attacking that's getting me, I'm proper shit at it, can rarely even get the ball into the box D:

eksdee

FH is my second home
I'm doggers against the computer. It's damn hard. :(

Why not just play FM instead?

On that subject, Wazzerphuk, I think something that should be changed in FM is that amount of newgens that have stupid pube hair.

Because I enjoy playing the games more than anything else? :p

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Fuck it, this game has beaten me. I've managed to score 2 goals in 2, maybe 3 hours. I have no idea what the frig has changed since 11, but this rubbish ain't for me.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I love how the game punishes your coin income from quitting laggy fucking games gg EA.

eksdee

FH is my second home
I like how my DNF modifier went down after 3 people in a row rage quit against me more. :p

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I thought I was doing quite well against the comp playing as Newcastle. Won three in a row, and not conceding many.

May have to rethink though, I've just been taken to the cleaners 5-0 by QPR. :(

Aada

Part of the furniture
What setting do you guys have your cursor set to?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Manual. Irritating otherwise. :p

Edit; Speaking of which, don't forget you can change which player you're selecting with the right stick when not in posession which is generally much more efficient for blocking runs etc than spamming LB.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Im feeling like I am finally getting to grips with the defending. Most important adjustment I've done is to stop diving in and start playing a slower game, make the opponent make a mistake or force them into places which they cant harm you, so down the flanks, or back to their own goal. Very frustrating making the change and changing my game play to fit the new FIFA but I really feel its worth the hassle.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Im feeling like I am finally getting to grips with the defending. Most important adjustment I've done is to stop diving in and start playing a slower game, make the opponent make a mistake or force them into places which they cant harm you, so down the flanks, or back to their own goal. Very frustrating making the change and changing my game play to fit the new FIFA but I really feel its worth the hassle.

Yeah. It's frustrating coming from old FIFA but it's so much more like football now, you can't just have a battle where people endlessly tackle each other. Keeping shape and being patient when the opposition have possession is essential. It makes v CPU a fair bit harder but it makes user v user games a lot better IMO.

eksdee

FH is my second home
I don't think I'll ever play against the CPU on this version, it's so much fun playing against other players now since you can stop them using all the old cheap tactics so much more efficiently and conversley you can beat people by actually playing nice football now instead of just 1-2 chipped passes.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Been playing the CPU over the last couple of days and it's bullshit. Utter bullshit. The amount of times you make a clean tackle and they still have the ball is nonsense. They spend most of the game running into pointless areas just so they can keep the ball. They're able to accurately predict which way you're going to turn nearly every time, and when you close them down they nearly always turn away from you at the exact moment you're in the right position. At times it feels like they're just doing the opposite of the input you put in the pad. It's very strange, plus frustrating as hell and a bit shit.

If this doesn't get a bit better over the next couple of weeks while I get used to it I might sell it, it's just too stressful and unrealistic vs. AI atm.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well today I started with 6 wins 30 losses or something I now have 17 wins 37 or something so I am getting better.

I started from scratch building a bronze team and its really cool so far you get better matches in my opinion.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Satisfying when you start to get the hang of it isn't it Aada? :)

Thomas Muller has 29 goals in 35 appearances for my Ultimate Team, beast!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yeah it is I watched that video posted kinda explained a few things.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Why does my DNF go up for NOT quitting?

Aada

Part of the furniture
You build a team with coins earnt from games and compete in tournaments.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
btw, you can change the defending back to old style if you didn't know... I seen it earlier, from Tactical to Legendary(old fifa style)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom