FH warning system

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
pryd used to have its own board, independant and free... is it still going?

could all just move there ^^

this place is overcens0red and losing its fun fast.

how/when and why the "we enforce the GoA CoC" thing got started i'd like to know.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
eggy said:
I do understand what people are saying, even if I disagree in the way people express that opinion. I do understand the "free speech" argument.

As a mod, we have to take a neutral view on whine in grats threads. People complain/report the posts and we have to action these.

However, we need to strike a median. Nobody is saying you can't comment on people's playstyle; it's the manner in which it is done, and the suitability of that comment that affects the censorship of the post.

Someone who has RVRed to RR10 by what some consider "zerging", for example, still deserves his 5 minutes of fame and a pat on the back by people who have had the pleasure of playing with them throughout this time.

You wouldn't go to someone's open-invite promotion party at work just to tell them they only got it by sucking up to the boss. You'd pick a more appropriate time, or keep it to yourself.

As I say, I will act upon posts in grats threads that I consider to be rude or abusive to the person concerned. Constructive replies will be left; some dingers may even appreciate them.

Regards

So why did I get a warning and my post removed when all I said was that I did not like his playstyle? How is that rude or abusive in any way?

I guess you will ignore this appeal to answer my question like you have done so many times now, can any other mod adress this?

Nosufer

Fledgling Freddie
I have noticed your question has not been answered also coldbeard, if this is what you posted, the response by the mod is quite appauling.

"I would congratulate if I did not dislike your playstyle that much."

INSTA WARNING.
Reason : whining

If Eggy is giving warnings for these kinda of posts then maybe his position as a mod should be reviewed, because the above is just petit and stupid.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Nosufer said:
I have noticed your question has not been answered also coldbeard, if this is what you posted, the response by the mod is quite appauling.

"I would congratulate if I did not dislike your playstyle that much."

INSTA WARNING.
Reason : whining

If Eggy is giving warnings for these kinda of posts then maybe his position as a mod should be reviewed, because the above is just petit and stupid.

The mods also respond when people click on the "report this post" link, it's funny to me now that some people who say the mods are abusing their power and warning/banning without reason - are the same people who are reporting these posts in private asking for action to be taken.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
So why did I get a warning and my post removed when all I said was that I did not like his playstyle? How is that rude or abusive in any way?

I guess you will ignore this appeal to answer my question like you have done so many times now, can any other mod adress this?

You got a 20% warning (note warning, not a ban...direct attacks would get a 50% warning) to make you think twice about going any further in the future.

This warning is due to expire, and will do so given time.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
The mods also respond when people click on the "report this post" link, it's funny to me now that some people who say the mods are abusing their power and warning/banning without reason - are the same people who are reporting these posts in private asking for action to be taken.

I was thinking the same thing as I browsed the complaint boards earlier. Heck, even Coldbeard complained about one!

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Tears said:

@Tears: Yeah because that is probably the case. :rolleyes:

So the answer is that I got a warning because my post got reported as a bad post? Even though it was completly harmless and I have yet to have you say what was wrong with it.

@ eggy: If that is your judgement then it is really laughable. Giving someone a warning on a totally okey post because they might post something else later is totally ridiculous. Might as well start handing out warnings because you anticipate that person posting something stupid sooner or later. Rock-bottom modding. Seriously.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
eggy said:
I was thinking the same thing as I browsed the complaint boards earlier. Heck, even Coldbeard complained about one!

Hehe, merely to check if posts I reported(never reported one before) would recieve some attention. Although calling me a twat in this thread is okey, but saying that you dislike someone's playstyle in a grats thread was not.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Simple answer, freedom of speech is not freedom from responsiblity.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
Hehe, merely to check if posts I reported(never reported one before) would recieve some attention. Although calling me a twat in this thread is okey, but saying that you dislike someone's playstyle in a grats thread was not.

No, calling someone a twat isn't particularly nice; hence the post has been deleted (as you reported it as bad).

I'm not going to argue with you about the issue. The 20% warning I gave you was a bump to remind you (after 60% of previous warnings from Flim) to keep clear of grats threads if you don't have anything constructive or congratulatory to say.

As I say, the warning will expire in the future.

Krait

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
Might as well start handing out warnings because you anticipate that person posting something stupid sooner or later.

Unfortunately,in some cases,that's a given. :m00:

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
tris- said:
you shouldnt. id be worried if you anyone cared what someone thought of them on a forum.

(s)he can still call u a twat though.

You know im a dude :p

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Okey, think we can conclude with that I got a warning to remind me on not to post anything abusive nor flaming in threads, even though I didnt.

Still think this is completly ridiculous, but seeing that this arguing will not bring us any way at all I have no desire to continue it.

Dorimor1

Banned
Coldbeard, perhaps if you ask in a polite manner and constructively tell the mods why you think their ban was not the right thing to do then perhaps they well expire it early.

Judging from your posts you are incapable of this

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Dorimor1 said:
Coldbeard, perhaps if you ask in a polite manner and constructively tell the mods why you think their ban was not the right thing to do then perhaps they well expire it early.

Judging from your posts you are incapable of this

Perhaps you should troll somewhere else my little bitter stalker :)

Firstly, I sent eggy a PM where I asked for him to reason his warning, I got no response. The PM including these posts are constructive enough. If you don't think so then that is really your problem.

Dorimor1

Banned
Coldbeard said:

Firstly, I sent eggy a PM where I asked for him to reason his warning, I got no response. The PM including these posts are constructive enough. If you don't think so then that is really your problem.

Was just offering what you could have done.

Why do you assume that I am attacking you? Bitter after that I made a comment in your grats thread (which everyone agreed with)? Anyway, it baffles me how you persist to whine about 20% warning on a forum, when you can turn your PC on and forget about it is beyond me.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:

Funny how you think a pointless post by yourself whining that you don't like someone's playstyle in their gratz thread is somehow "adding to the forum", yet someone pointing out that they don't like your posting style is trolling.

Maybe there's something to learn here eh?

I assume your constant PM's got no reply because to normal people it's perfectly obvious what the answer is. If someone asked me "what colour is the sky?" and I answered "the sky is blue!" then i'd probably ignore their follow up question of "what is blue?" as well. Unless you want to admit your actually not over the age of 4 and as such not past these sort of games.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Golena said:
Funny how you think a pointless post by yourself whining that you don't like someone's playstyle in their gratz thread is somehow "adding to the forum", yet someone pointing out that they don't like your posting style is trolling.

Maybe there's something to learn here eh?

I assume your constant PM's got no reply because to normal people it's perfectly obvious what the answer is. If someone asked me "what colour is the sky?" and I answered "the sky is blue!" then i'd probably ignore their follow up question of "what is blue?" as well. Unless you want to admit your actually not over the age of 4 and as such not past these sort of games.

Maybe because Dorimor1 always jump the bandwagon when he can get a hit at me, no idea why. Think I must have offended him somwhere, he keeps following me around.

The warning has correctly been removed now, so I don't really need your petty assumptions.

Have a nice day.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Coldbeard said:
Maybe because Dorimor1 always jump the bandwagon when he can get a hit at me, no idea why. Think I must have offended him somwhere, he keeps following me around.

The warning has correctly been removed now, so I don't really need your petty assumptions.

Have a nice day.

LOL I can't wait to see what you come up with if anything serious ever happened....like a speeding ticket!

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
elbeek said:
LOL I can't wait to see what you come up with if anything serious ever happened....like a speeding ticket!

Heh, the funny thing is that he was right all along, and that Eggy was wrong. Unless ofcourse if you think giving out warnings as a preventive measure is okay, "Uh oh I think this guy might write something bad in the future that will then deserve a warning, so I'll just give him one now" yea, police states = win! That's like the worst excuse I've ever heard for giving out a warning (havn't heard many though! :) ) what kind of way is that to be a mod?...it's really quite the worst argument ever, or maybe there should be a rule that people creating a FH acc is insta banned because they might post something that's not approved off, in the future, if they're not!

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina said:
Unless ofcourse if you think giving out warnings as a preventive measure is okay!

You might want to go look up the actual definition of warning before you make yourself look stupid :fluffle:

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Warning system sucks the cockNballs thats that.

Mods being able to ban freely at their own choosing.
State a fucking rulebook if you care to be so bloddy sensitive and harsch regarding a game that actually blood fills feelings.

Only posts im sick of seeing on these boards is the replies that calls people childs and "leet" vs normal people.

Hiding behind screens acting all great and glorious, thats our Mod´s and most posters alright

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom