FH warning system

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Most warnings I have seen so far are down to personal attacks, calling people names, threatening, or stuff like "dierl". Its a game forum based around a game, and personal crap like this is not really needed is it?

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
'Could you please lick my back? Just a tad lower now'

The entire spirit of FH and old BW was built around it being a place where people could come and let off some steam at eachother.

Powertripping people [Not directed at anyone!rly] has fcked this place up big time.

Say one bad line, or something that goes against one of a mod's friends, or guildie. and you're in deep sheit.

Im fed up with this, I know the posters dont own FH, but the posters make FH what it is. Mods acting like this, is making FH less of a place to be.

I used to love it here.

I am fully capable of using this place for posting funny, kind humorous stuff and have a laff, as I do aswell.
But banning someone for using a curse word or being a little out of order takes the piss.

Warn me if you have to, I dont care if you do. I had to speak my tounge, FH has been going downhill this last year.

That's not just an opinion, that's a fact!

X

xGenocidex

Mxn said:
Wtf is up with this? 60% warning for nothing? atleast like pm when powercrazed mods dish the warnings out~

Personally what it think is... they've chose mods WAY to fast and they've given it to the least mature people :/ (This goes to the new mods not to tilda/sharma etc etc) fh is becoming a joke end of story... if worse comes to worse i'm sure someone will just form there own daoc forum and FH daoc section will end up tumbleweed city

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
As much as i would like see that i doubt it.

the amount of ppl registered and using FH is massive and would take alot to make them all move to another forum, and the person who runs the forum will need alot of space to deal with the high traffic

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
xGenocidex said:
Personally what it think is... they've chose mods WAY to fast and they've given it to the least mature people :/ (This goes to the new mods not to tilda/sharma etc etc) fh is becoming a joke end of story... if worse comes to worse i'm sure someone will just form there own daoc forum and FH daoc section will end up tumbleweed city

umm I gave both those warnings to Mxn ;) and I've been here since Barrysworld.

Incidentally warnings don't expire by default - I've been trying to make them 30 days when I warn but I don't always catch it. If you ask nicely after 30 days and demonstrate that you've learned from your warning you can get it removed.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Glacier said:

It's an opinion ;) and that's a fact that that's an opinion.

Nothing to warn in your post btw - I do always love how warning someone for going ape shit at someone else (and almost always uncalled for) suddenly equates into oppressing anyone who posts disagreement with the mods.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
censi said:
i got a 50 point perma warning though for critising a synergy player in a post on rvr forum. come on. when my rr10 gratz thread went up I didnt cry at anyone complaining about my playstyle, its all valid in its own way. If i didnt want comments (good or bad) in my gratz thread i would get it made in hib forums for realm mates to see. If I want honesty i put it in rvr forum.

You got a 20 point warning for ott flaming in a grats thread (doesn't matter who's it is). It's only permanent because I didn't set the 30 day expiry at the time.

Though obviously you've not got the point yet so it's going to stay till you do.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Warned By: Flimgoblin
Adjustment: Increased
Amount: 20
flaming/trolling
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time: 20th April 2006, 01:27 PM Expires: 19th July 2006, 01:27 PM
Warned By: Flimgoblin
Adjustment: Increased
Amount: 30
that last one should have been 50 not 20.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time: 20th April 2006, 02:26 PM Expires: Never

It was 50. And it was gingy ding post.

Though obviously you've not got the point yet so it's going to stay till you do.

gratz chuck! Can you explain to me what the point was. No sarcasm, I want to know what the point is.

I mean I give gratz to a lot of realm opponents, not just like "leetist" stealthers I get on well with. I do had some real bad experiences of some players, both when I have spoken to them on irc and in game, thats why I put bad stuff. its not a personall attack its an attack on their in game persona. Can you show me what I put to get a 50 point ban, im honestly curious. I might well have deserved it who knows :)

Gamah

Banned
censi said:
It was 50. And it was gingy ding post.

gratz chuck! Can you explain to me what the point was. No sarcasm, I want to know what the point is.

I mean I give gratz to a lot of realm opponents, not just like "leetist" stealthers I get on well with. I do had some real bad experiences of some players, both when I have spoken to them on irc and in game, thats why I put bad stuff. its not a personall attack its an attack on their in game persona. Can you show me what I put to get a 50 point ban, im honestly curious. I might well have deserved it who knows :)

you're a hib censi, vs 3 alb mods .. you expect to win this :(?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
you're a hib censi, vs 3 alb mods .. you expect to win this :(?

I'd love to help but flim would beat me up.( Hib > Alb ) :)

Tilda

I believe that you can click the number and it shows you what your warnings are for?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
ahh yes, forgot I'd amended it to be 50.

The point is: don't go fucking apeshit in someone's grats thread slagging them off.

If you don't like them - don't post! (or keep it to something slightly less ott) simple!

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
ahh yes, forgot I'd amended it to be 50.

The point is: don't go fucking apeshit in someone's grats thread slagging them off.

If you don't like them - don't post! (or keep it to something slightly less ott) simple!

*goes apeshit*

flim i don't like you!!!11111onehundredandeleventyone

:fluffle: :fluffle:
:worthy:

Gamah

Banned
Ryuno said:
*goes apeshit*

flim i don't like you!!!11111onehundredandeleventyone

:fluffle: :fluffle:
:worthy:

This is not a gratz thread, flim has no chars above rr5 :(

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
"I would congratulate if I did not dislike your playstyle that much."

INSTA WARNING.
Reason : whining

My fucking god what a carebear forum.

Zede

Part of the furniture
I got my rep reset 2 weeks ago for reason unknown, film told me to pm jupitus... sent him 2 requests, no reply...is this usual ?

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
hehe another mod whine. been a couple of these since the new ones were announced.

Zede said:
I got my rep reset 2 weeks ago for reason unknown, film told me to pm jupitus... sent him 2 requests, no reply...is this usual ?

I've send Jupitus and Flimgoblin plenty of PM's, when i first made this account. All of them either got ignored or they just 'didn't want to reply'. Seems pretty profesh for a forum mod. :x

pez

Can't get enough of FH
this is pretty shit tbh,

everyone is being so touchy feely around the mods these days

I remember Tilda's baptism of fire where he spent like 6 months of constant abuse before he became accepted and respected by the community :fluffle:

bring back mod abuse! :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
pez said:
this is pretty shit tbh,

everyone is being so touchy feely around the mods these days

I remember Tilda's baptism of fire where he spent like 6 months of constant abuse before he became accepted and respected by the community :fluffle:

bring back mod abuse! :)

I lost all respect for Tilda when i found out he banned me for not wanting to date him.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
pez said:
When did this happen? :flame:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:

You have 168 rep points. Are you sure you haven't just unchecked "show my rep score" in your profile?

Apparently Jupitus is very busy.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Glacier said:
The entire spirit of FH and old BW was built around it being a place where people could come and let off some steam at eachother.

Powertripping people [Not directed at anyone!rly] has fcked this place up big time.

Say one bad line, or something that goes against one of a mod's friends, or guildie. and you're in deep sheit.

Im fed up with this, I know the posters dont own FH, but the posters make FH what it is. Mods acting like this, is making FH less of a place to be.

I used to love it here.

I am fully capable of using this place for posting funny, kind humorous stuff and have a laff, as I do aswell.
But banning someone for using a curse word or being a little out of order takes the piss.

Warn me if you have to, I dont care if you do. I had to speak my tounge, FH has been going downhill this last year.

wise words.

Zede

Part of the furniture
eggy said:
You have 168 rep points. Are you sure you haven't just unchecked "show my rep score" in your profile?

Apparently Jupitus is very busy.

one wonders how it was disabled in the first place, when tilda only informed me a few hours ago this "button" to do such a thing actually existed !

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
one wonders how it was disabled in the first place, when tilda only informed me a few hours ago this "button" to do such a thing actually existed !

You probably pressed it by accident or something.

Dorimor1

Banned
Gamah said:
I think it is stupid that warnings "never" expire.

I PMed Flim sensibly (not 'wtf you noob why you warn me ffs') and explained why I thought his warn was unfair and he kindly retracted some of it off :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Warnings can expire - depends on what you've done.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I wonder what goes through a mind of a person making a whine thread about getting a warning.

"Hello officer."

Police:-You have a busted tail light, time to go to jail...-

"What?! Why?!"

Police:-Well, that busted tail light went a 100mph in a 40 mph zone...-

"But..."

Police:-Through a kindergarden...-

"But..."

Police:-With a "Cops are f*ckers" flag waving on the antenna...-

"A..."

Police:-And into a convinient store."

"You smell of wee."

*BANG!*