Competition FH photocomp #27 JUDGEMENT THREAD

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by TdC, Sep 1, 2011.

1. TdC

TdC Trem's hunky sex love muffin Staff member Moderator

Welcome to the Photocomp number 27 judgement thread! Comp #27's topic was forgetting.

Please declare your vote in a clear manner, eg, <user> - <pic number> (seriously)

If there is a need for discussion of any kind other than photo-technical, please use a different thread for that.

Voting may continue until Wednesday 21:00 CET, or until a clear majority has been reached. In the event of a tie, I will judge.

2. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home

Forgetting we were playing in the sand with the letters...

Attached Files:

3. old.Tohtori

old.Tohtori FH is my second home

Well might as well, crappy camera Xz9whatchacallit so, quality ain't good. Shush you :(

Attached Files:

4. Jiggs

Jiggs Can't get enough of FH

[​IMG]

Saw this at a motorshow recently. People always perve out over new cars, we forget the elegant simplicity of these vintage machines.

5. Exioce

Exioce Part of the furniture FH Subscriber

[​IMG]

Medieval graveyard near where I live.

6. Fweddy

Fweddy FH is my second home

Here's my attempt, taken while out walking near Elsden in Northumberland yesterday.

Attached Files:

7. Wazzerphuk

Wazzerphuk FH is my second home

8. TdC

ok guys, making with the voting! Clown, as flicker is gay as hell, if you feel like attaching the pic here, I will allow it in the voting. Otherwise, better luck next time buddy.

9. Clown

Clown Part of the furniture

[​IMG]
    Forgetting. Or trying to.

As this forum is gay as hell. Fuck your face. Just remember the theme was 'Forgetting' not 'Forgotten' ;)

10. old.Tohtori

old.Tohtori FH is my second home

Exioce - #1

11. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Exioce - #1

12. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Exioce #1

13. Billargh

Billargh FH is my second home

I really don't want to vote for Exioce cause of how cliché it is for this topic, but it fits too well :p Clowns comes a second for the attractive lady.

Exioce #1

14. Wazzerphuk

Where is the post I made last night? It's vanished.

15. caLLous

I saw there were 15 replies last night and I couldn't be bothered to load the thread on my phone because of all the pics but then I check this morning and there are only 10 replies. What did I miss?!

16. Clown

Clutter, innit.

17. Fweddy

Fweddy FH is my second home

Clown - #1

18. Lazarus

Lazarus Part of the furniture

Fweddy

19. Clown

I vote Fweddy. Composure-wise it is good. I wonder what it would have looked like if it was processed properly, black and white. The clouds would look awesome and the tractor would just have great texture.

I think Exioce's would have been better if the main subject was more prominent and the background more blown out. As it is, too much is in focus for me and the background is slightly distracting. My eyes keep leading towards the opening in the trees. Also, I keep trying to read the writing on the tombstone and get a bit frustrated that I can't make it out, which means more distraction.

However, both of them are more 'Forgotten' which wasn't the theme.

Mine wasn't really taken for this. Fuck my entry. I took a picture of a phonebox which I posted in another thread but it was off-topic and I didn't realise you could enter more than one image. Hey-ho. I'll get used to this place.

Wazz was clearly on crack when he posted. Are these threads always like this, as in not many serious entries? Can you tell I've missed 26 of them...

• Like Like x 1
  20. caLLous

:D

And it depends on the obscurity of the topic. I had something in mind but couldn't find a suitable model (I wanted it to be a child and that can be... awkward...). Everything else I had in mind was more forgotten than forgetting, though.

It certainly is more relaxed than the OcUK comps though, as you've probably realised. :)

21. ECA

ECA I am a FH squatter

Clowns entry doesn't count, She's remembering the massive Orgasms I gave her the night before.

22. caLLous

Or trying to forget the embarrassing anticlimax that you experienced with her the night before.

23. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

fweddy

24. Wazzerphuk

For the love of god they weren't entries and if you can't figure out what's being said there you really, really need to go and spend some time with Roy Walker.

25. Clown

Yes, you said already. Doesn't mean I won't pretend you're not lying about it though :p

26. TdC

he is telling great porky pies. except for the being on crack part. he was on meth when he posted that. also, the back yard view is his actual house. he buries the old men he lures home there.

to answer your other questions. some of them that is. normally, normally, this compo is a bit more serious. this time around some of the competitors had an attack of being extremely gay. so a search for the other compos and see what some of the entries have been. I do try to keep the rules easy going so everyone can have a go, eg you certainly don't need a full frame dslr with quality glass to win an FH compo. that said, the people with high(er) end kit do tend to create awesome work and I am always pleased when they share it with us.

also, some of these compos have inspired people on FH to take up or become more serious with their photography. something of which I am extremely proud to have helped out with, albeit in this abstract manner.

27. Wazzerphuk

So were posts deleted or not? If they're deleted could you soft delete them instead so we know we're not going CRAZY IN THE FUCKING BRAIN when we look at a thread and see things we posted absent? :)

28. Big G

Big G Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

What to pick....

29. TdC

I did soft delete them. I *always* soft delete? Are you back on the crack?

30. Clown