Competition FH Photo Comp #8

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Meeh, give some snow. Massive lack of snow up near Newcastle, now it's just wet and slushy :(

tierk

Part of the furniture
I have a couple of old snaps but they are on my other PC which i have not setup since i moved homes :((

Hope to get it up and running before the D Day!!

tierk

Part of the furniture
Right i havent had time to fire up the old PC so i have had to copy one of the oldies from FB.

Here goes.

1. View attachment 4847 _ Portugal 2008

2. View attachment 4848 - Qatar 2005/6

3. View attachment 4849 - Qatar 2008

I really need to start playing with some of these pictures with photoshop but i never seem to have the time anymore.

**Edit**

For those wondering the one from FB is the second one.

tierk

Part of the furniture
I like picture 3.

That is one i took with the new canon. Went to the beach for a late night piss up and got stuck at low tide in the sand. Eight hours later and with a really fucked up back ache all i had to show was a couple of pictures and this was probably the pick of the bunch.

Needs a bit of shopping done to do it but it still not a bad effort considering i am still a newbie with the camera.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Guys, would it help to have a Photo Comp gallery where we can use the comment and rating system?

Perhaps a master gallery and then a sub gallery for each competition. Much easier and I can assign moderators etc.

Thoughts?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Sounds good; maybe worth doing a voting / poll thingy where it's anonymous?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Sounds good, as long as it's easily integrated into the 'forums' and isn't some offshoot somewhere else...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Guys, would it help to have a Photo Comp gallery where we can use the comment and rating system?

Perhaps a master gallery and then a sub gallery for each competition. Much easier and I can assign moderators etc.

Thoughts?

Personally I'd prefer to keep it informal, in the forum, so people can have a discussion not just about a particular image but about the images being submitted in general.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It supports comments on the photo.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Would be nice to have a special section for the comp where we can see all the various comps and make comments and rate etc.

I know there are a few people on this forum that are very serious about photgraphy and i wouldn't mind getting some pointers from said people.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
In an attempt to make it easier I have created the following:

Photo competitions - FreddysHouse galleries

As you will see it says voting is disabled so everyone can upload a pic and then the moderator can turn on voting from a particular date. As a test can you upload to the category and see if it does actually make it a lot easier, remember you can comment on the photos uploaded etc.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Will you be adding a category for each competition Deebs? Just so people can look through previous competitions, give criticism etc.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Things moved to the gallery in the past have tended to die, Botd for example. I would say use the gallery to upload and the enable us to link the image into the comp thread. The thread still seems the easiest way to organise it to me.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Will you be adding a category for each competition Deebs? Just so people can look through previous competitions, give criticism etc.

Yes, if people want to use it. I think upload to the gallery, vote using the gallery and then either discuss here or use the comments section.

Let me add a new category, done. Like this you mean?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Things moved to the gallery in the past have tended to die, Botd for example. I would say use the gallery to upload and the enable us to link the image into the comp thread. The thread still seems the easiest way to organise it to me.

It is definately easier to upload and rate images in the gallery but yes, comments can get lost inside the gallery.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Yeah like that Deebs, but with the previous competitions aswell, 1 through 8. Assuming people would bother to upload their previous photos.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
deadline is now expired. please bear with me as I faff up a judgement thread!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
opening and unsticking to allow the gallery discussion to continue...

Tom

I am a FH squatter

^this^

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Actually Chet's point is a very good one, I third that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom