FF7 HD Remake

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just have to wait and see, might not be bad. Pre-judging now would be pointless :p you might actually like it when it comes out.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Christ he's annoying, but kinda right.

I just don't understand why they feel the need to fuck with it. I can't think of a single HD remake where the devs have dramatically changed anything. Why do they think it's a good idea on easily the most wanted remake/remaster ever?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm sure they'll be monitoring fan reactions carefully, FFVII remake is not something they'd want to fuck up, especially given how it was received when announced + their stocks went up because of it :p I have faith they'll do the right thing.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Square Enix has no plans to use the Luminous Engine in the development of Final Fantasy VII Remake.

When asked by Nova Crystallis at Gamescom whether or not Square's custom-built engine would power the aforementioned remake, Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata replied: "Final Fantasy VII (Remake) is not planned to be made with that."

FF7 Remake Combat Will Have 'Dramatic Changes' - IGN News
00:58

While Final Fantasy XV uses the Luminous Engine, Square's other major project, Kingdom Hearts III, was originally being built on it as well, but has since switched to Unreal Engine 4.

Final Fantasy VII director Tetsuya Nomura just recently confirmed that the upcoming remake will not only feature 'dramatic changes,' but also draw Inspiration from his 2005 spinoff film, Advent Children.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is slated for release on PlayStation 4, but Square Enix has yet to provide a release window. While you patiently wait for more information, check out these 7 things we think the remake needs.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It needs absolutely nothing except a graphical update.

I don't get why they have to fuck with it. People who have played it would love it and the poor fuckers who have never experienced it would be shown what a proper RPG plays like.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Would be fun if they could break the 9999 hp barrier, tweak the level-up system and up the difficulty somewhat.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
just imagine it now - golden saucer games all pay for DLC :(

This game needs nothing changing.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
What would higher HP do? just useless power creep.

Up the difficulty as well? Dont really see the point - the pacing of FF7 is brilliant and it was never a game to get scared of playing - hard games are great but why must all great games be hard?

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Erg, they seem to have taken the best FF game and infused it with the worst elements of the later games, the shitty combat. Will wait and see but excitement levels decreasing.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I am less than excited about the combat system, but I still can't wait for it, those sneaky bastards :(

I have just bought the reskinned 'HD' version on the PS4 that's been on Steam for a while, only the third or fourth time I've bought the game now.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Aye, 76 hours into yet another playthough on steam myself. Think I have bought it about the same amount of times too.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm ok with that tbh @Moriath - I'd rather they take their time with VII than rush it out the door, it needs to be a masterpiece all over again to succeed, if they rush it out of the door it won't be that.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Tried to play a few ff games. But man the combat is shit. Turn based crap.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
That doesn't really fill me with any confidence. "Within three years" is both too vague and too long for them to just get the game onto a modern grafics engine. They're gonna add a bunch of crap that wasn't in the original and it's gonna suck...

Why do i believe that? Because Square Enix can't do anything right anymore...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
This will surely suck arse :/

It can't afford to suck arse... the amount of hype behind it and the amount invested into it they HAVE to deliver a game that fans receive as well as the original VII did... that's why it's in 3 parts, because it's going to be massive/they didn't want to leave any of the game out.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It appears they are trying to change one of the things that made FF7 so good and turning it into a dull, modern FF. It might sell by the bucket load, it won't be very good though.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It appears they are trying to change one of the things that made FF7 so good and turning it into a dull, modern FF. It might sell by the bucket load, it won't be very good though.

I don't mind them changing the combat system, it wasn't the combat system why people fell in love with FFVII, it was the story and content... 15's combat system wasn't that bad and as I understand it this combat system will be a mix of 15/crisis core(which was also ok)

My main concern is them not adding new content and by that I mean none story related content... they've been given a somewhat blank slate to cram more stuff in there, more weapon fights for example, possibly even a hunt style thing etc.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nah, the combat system was massively deep and rewarding and to take down the weapons you needed to fully understand the system, in conjunction with junctioning the correct materia, mimic, repeat x4, double cast etc, knights of the round.

It was more like a game of chess than just spamming stuff like the new versions.

Sure the story was important but I could probably write that out in story format now, it's not the story I return to FF7 every couple of years for.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Nah, the combat system was massively deep and rewarding and to take down the weapons you needed to fully understand the system, in conjunction with junctioning the correct materia, mimic, repeat x4, double cast etc, knights of the round.

It was more like a game of chess than just spamming stuff like the new versions.

Sure the story was important but I could probably write that out in story format now, it's not the story I return to FF7 every couple of years for.

Meh I guess, each to their own I guess :) it was the story and side content that did it for me, the battle system didn't mean a great deal to me (not to say I didn't like it mind)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The battle system was great in that I could have a poo or a night out in between turns with Sephiroth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom