FF7 HD Remake

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yep, i've just jizzed my fucking pants. That video sent shivers down my spine.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
7drHiqr.gif

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Fucks sake, looks like I will have to get a PS4 after all.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So, those remakes really suck ass don't they?

Ruining childhoods? Anyone? No?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
On a more serious note, yes, this is a game that would make me buy a PS4.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It isn't a PS4 exclusive, it's a timed exclusive. So it's probably gonna hit xb1 and pc.

Aye, i'd wager it coming to PS4 a good month+ before the others though, if the stories ring true (which so far they have) VII is being remade for the 2017 20th Anniversary of FFVII (which would heavily indicate favour of the Playstation)

Though, the main website still doesn't indicate more platforms

http://ffvii-remake.square-enix.com/

leggy

Probably Scottish
That's it I'm getting a PS4...

at the end of 2016. Maybe.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
It isn't a PS4 exclusive, it's a timed exclusive. So it's probably gonna hit xb1 and pc.

FF7 is one of the few games where I will gladly shell out £300-400 for a PS4. I will also use the PS4 as a media centre as well so it will get some use. I was planning on buying a PS4 anyway for FF15 so this just more or less seals the deal.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Getting a ps4 makes sense in terms of the much awaited release (hopefully) of FF 15 as well. Playing any FF game on the xbox would feel wrong. Some things you just don't do.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Going to have to wait and see regarding FF15, FF games have been pretty bad for a few years now compared to the SNES/PS1/PS2 era.

Definitely going to get a PS4 though, there are a few decent games coming out later in the year by the looks of things, JRPGs and whatnot. Not to mention Last of Us 2...which is bound to happen at some point.

Nothing at all out on it at the moment though so I can wait until the next price drop, £200 is about reasonable for a console imo.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Getting a ps4 makes sense in terms of the much awaited release (hopefully) of FF 15 as well. Playing any FF game on the xbox would feel wrong. Some things you just don't do.

Yeah, i've got a backlog of FF games really, i like the series but haven't played it for a long time. Probably will get a PS(especially if you can play older FF on 4) at some point in the future(3 years maybe?)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
At some point or another they will offer their streaming service to Europe. (You can play a load of older PS1, 2 and 3 games on it)

Most are available on PC now anyway iirc 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 14 are on steam. I imagine 9 will be released on steam at some point too, I certainly hope so anyway. Maybe 12 too, though I am not massively bothered about that, it wasn't that good.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
13 and 13-2 are on steam as well and they will probably port Lightning Returns 13-3 to steam too. FF10 is on steam? I may have to check that out.

Edit - Seems 10 isn't on steam meh.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I could have sworn it was out on PC. Must have dreamt it :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
10 isn't out on PC... YET, I'll go out on a limb and say it will be eventually.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Also: January the 31st 2017 for Final Fantasy VII HD remake, my prediction, since the article that leaked it prior to E3 turned out to be true the 2017 release date for the anniversary sounds right also, January the 31st was when Final Fantasy VII was first released in Japan back in 1997, if this is true then they'll have A LOT of people working on it to get it out that soon.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So long as that doesn't equate to "we took the open world greatness of FF7 that was a decade ahead of its time and boiled it down into a corridor borefest!"

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The PS4 version of Final Fantasy VII isn't just a simple remastering of the original, but instead will be an entirely remade version of the beloved PS1 game.

In an IGN interview, executive producer Shinji Hashimoto told us that the team tasked with bringing the JRPG classic to Sony's modern console is looking back at the original to see what needs to be changed.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: E3 2015 Reveal - IGN Live: E3 2015
01:53

The game will be more than just an update, in other words. It will be a full-blown remake. "We're putting in a lot of careful thought to meet" the expectations of fans, Hashimoto told us.

When asked why the time for a remake was now, Hashimoto said conversations had happened over the years, but schedules of key figures, including director Yoshinori Kitase and character designer Testuya Nomura, conflicted.

However, Hashimoto said "timing worked for this now."

The Final Fantasy VII Remake was announced during Sony's E3 2015 press conference, and the news was met with enthusiasm from more than just the gaming faithful. News of the Final Fantasy VII remake helped to boost Square Enix's stock by 2.9%, putting it at its highest level since 2008

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'm still worried they're going to make some significant changes to the game.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
As long as they keep the story the same (for the majority), use a decent battle system and keep the world the same (open world) they can't go wrong really. The story they can expand on some what (like additional flashbacks for example showing more of the back story from crisis core etc) but not too much, I mean the story is more or less set in stone, they can make minor changes but nothing too major.

What they can expand on however:

- Materia system (new materias etc)
- Battle Square in the Gold Saucer
- Chocobo Breeding/Racing
- Side games in Gold Saucer
- Optional Bosses such as Emerald/Ruby weapon (they could add more basically and simply add the lore that the planet made more weapons, i'd love this personally as I really enjoy hard as fuck boss fights)

Last edited:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's one of those "if they f'ck this up, no hope left" situations isn't it?

Certainly fans dread the "it's not just an update" thing.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
The only things in that list I'd be fine with them changing is the extra bosses, and maybe extra Gold Saucer mini games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom