FF7 HD Remake

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah,

I think the materia system is pretty solid for the most part, its just as good, if not better than any of the systems in other FF games.

More side games would be good so long as they keep the originals.

I would also like to see skippable summon animations too, some of them just go on forever and once you have seen them a couple of times they just get irritating.

I fancy another play through now.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yeah,

I think the materia system is pretty solid for the most part, its just as good, if not better than any of the systems in other FF games.

More side games would be good so long as they keep the originals.

I would also like to see skippable summon animations too, some of them just go on forever and once you have seen them a couple of times they just get irritating.

I fancy another play through now.

Aye well, I just hope they don't have the cunt that worked on Sadist Fantasy X working on the cunt, because if I see anymore rage inducing twat side quests like the Sun Sigil or Venus Sigil I will literally throw my Playstation 4 at the wall.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Remembered I bought it on steam a few sales back so started another play through. Its still excellent.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Remembered I bought it on steam a few sales back so started another play through. Its still excellent.

Aye, I bought it on Steam awhile back and knocked all the achievements out, it is indeed great fun still.

Still got VIII and 14 + 14-2 to play through as well (which werent the best, but not terrible terrible)

Final Fantasy III and IV on there also :p grabbed them during the sale.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I really didn't like 13. The final area was pretty decent and provided a decent challenge with all the challenge mobs, loot etc but the actual main game just felt weak. I know all final fantasy games are basically linear for the most part but they usually hide it very well. 13 was pretty much the same corridor with different mobs and graphics followed buy cut scenes.

I would like to have another go at 12 though. It came out when I moved house and had no internet so I played it solidly for a couple of weeks then dropped it as soon as I got the internet back, i didn't think it was that great but I like to complete every FF game I play at least once. I think I lent it to my brother in-law and never saw it again. (Not that I even have a platform to play it on! stupid non backwards compatibility!)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
12 was hated, I thought 12 was one of the better ones though, it had amazing side content (kept me going for aaaaaaaaaaaaaages) and the combat... kind of grew on you.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
12 was hated, I thought 12 was one of the better ones though, it had amazing side content (kept me going for aaaaaaaaaaaaaages) and the combat... kind of grew on you.

I hated 12. The whole setting up auto actions for everyone pissed me off. That along with the grind/random chance drops needed to make the best weapons, er no thanks did enough grinding in WoW.

13 and 13-2 had the same problem, press a button and let the characters do everything for you. 13-3 they finally made a combat system that gave you decent interaction.

I'd like to play 8 again but I absolutely hate the draw system.

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Its quite possible that VII will have an active combat like Crisis Core, i'm not sure how they'll manage to pull that off while maintaining control over multiple characters thought, it'll have to be some pretty smart AI not to fuck up royally.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
erg. hope not.

Hope not also, got an inkling feeling it won't be the battle system VII had though. At a push it might just be like 15.. which i'd be fine with I guess, the demo version of 15's battle system is actually very well done - just not sure how they'd maintain the multi character use of VII though.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The only combat change I'd want to see would be skippable cutscenes for magic/summons :d

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
all of us would but it comes down to how to make it appealing for newer generations, which is why it scares me :p

Fuck the new generation. There is no way they have the concentration span for a proper 100+ hours of FF7 anyway.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Fuck the new generation. There is no way they have the concentration span for a proper 100+ hours of FF7 anyway.

It would be kind of retarded if they remade a classic game for a new generation anyway... the point in a remake is to remake it for true fans, not little cunts that will go "LOL BOOBIES" everytime Tifa comes on.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The upcoming remake of Final Fantasy VII will feature "dramatic changes" to the game's combat, although it won't be altered so much that it becomes unrecognizable, according to director Tetsuya Nomura.

He indicated this in an interview with Official PlayStation Magazine (via GamesRadar), though he also offered some reassurance for fans hoping the project resembles the classic it's based upon.

"And of course, that being said, we want to clarify: We're not going to be changing it into a shooter or something like that," Nomura said. "We are going to be bringing dramatic changes, but we want to make sure it's still recognizable."

Based on that, it sounds like its going to be a hybrid mash up between turn based and real time like crisis core/final fantasy 15, at least that's my guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom