Fellow whatevers

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
You sir, are WRONG!

You have bismerched my honour, and the honour of my family!

*throws gloves at bob*

I demand satisfaction!

And that goes double for you trem!

Being a coward I may have to throw some logic at you in a bid to disorient you while I run away.

a round of sandwhiches involves x number of pieces of bread. the unit in question is the sandwhich its self.

a sandwhich could be a slice of bread folded in half
it could be a bread, a filling then another bread.
it could even involve 3 pieces of bread in what id call "a tripple stack" sandwhich. which would go a slice of bread, filling, slice of bread, filling, slice of bread.
the sandwich might not even involve slices, it could be a baguette or a floury bun.

so in conclusion the round does not relate to the number of slices of bread, considering a sandwhich may not even contain any slices of bread. a round is a sandwhich unit.

If i wanted a baguette or bun (actually called a bap) i'd ask for a baguette or bun (bap), if i wanted something made up of pieces of bread i'd ask for a sandwich.

You're right in a round being a unit, the said posted picture shows 2 sandwiches, lets concentrate on 1. It's made up of 2 halves of a single piece of bread (albeit being fancy diamond cut, however the standard horizontal cut is just the same), these 2 halves put together with filling in between are indeed 1 sandwich or 1 "Round".

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

;)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
it would seem so. tbh I actually thought Bob was talking about whole sandwich units, but obviously I failed to see through his vile plots. I feel so....dirty :(

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
its two fucking slices of bread, not rounds :eek:

your all fucking stupid!

*you're

;)

so you accept then a round does not relate to the number of slices of bread?

i thought you just agreed with someone else than 1 round = 1 slice :eek:

Hes a drug addled Dutchy, he doesn't know what the fuck he says half the time.

BTW, tris = bang wrong

:eek:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
a round is simply one unit of sandwich. where a unit of sandwich could comprise of x slices of bread. a triple stack sandwich is not 3 rounds, it is a sandwich unit comprising of 3 slices of bread.

you're making it more confusing! we can simplify it with the unified theory of the sandwich

round = sandwich unit = x slices of bread

which shows a round = x slices. and x could be any amount of slices. as long as it all forms a sandwich unit then its a round.

my definition of a sandwich unit is a sandwich of the same filling cut into how every many portions.

example -
you get 1 slice, smear on some tuna mayo and put on another slice. you have created a sandwich unit from 2(x) slices of bread.
you cut the sandwich unit in half. you still only have one round, made of x slices, but the round is in half. 2 half rounds make one whole found.

if you bake a cake unit and cut it into 6 pieces, you still only have cake unit. its simply in sixths.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Hes a drug addled Dutchy, he doesn't know what the fuck he says half the time.

today, true. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing as I'm full with all kinds of strangely coloured ickle pills tbh. luckily I'm at work, so I'm surrounded by like-minded people.

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
I think throwing the sandwich/unit in to the equation is causing confusion.

If you said "do you fancy a sandwich?", this is rather a general question and you'd say yes, but it would need to be followed up with "how many rounds?"

You may want 3 sandwiches/rounds but you wouldn't generally say "do you fancy 3 sandwiches?".

tris-

I think throwing the sandwich/unit in to the equation is causing confusion.

the more likely case is you will simply not accept the unified theory of the sandwich.

there is nothing confusing about the theory :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
You can't have a sandwich with 1 piece of bread.
A sandwich is at least 2 pieces of bread.

And an "open" sandwich is NOT a sandwich!

tris-

ofc you can use 1 piece of bread.

what if your slice of bread is the same area as an A4 piece of paper? if you cut that in half and put the filling in between the slices, youve created a sandwich unit.

if you make a toddler sized sandwich, their needs may dictate one slice of bread is nutritious enough. so cutting that in half and putting a slice of cheese is in the middle is also a unit.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
If I ordered two rounds of sandwiches and got two pieces of bread with filling between them I would raise bloody hell :D

Tris-'s perversions aside, a sandwich generally means bread/filling/bread. Since slices of bread come in just that, slices, you would generally assume one sandwich would be a slice of bread, filling, then another slice of bread. you cut it in two so its easier to eat, but its still one sandwich.

Sandwiches come in rounds, therefore "two sandwiches" would be two rounds of sandwiches - ei. four peices of bread, filling inside, cut into four distinct peices, sometimes more if you want smaller peices, but four pieces of bread cut into eight or sixteen is still just two rounds - its the amount of slices of bread that count.

tris-

dukat i know this ffs. this is what im arguing. the number of rounds is independent of the slices of bread

hence

round = sandwich unit = x slices of bread

the number of slices of bread does not make a round, what makes a round is the sandwich unit. and the sandwich unit can contain variable numbers slices.

i'l refer you back to FreddysHouse - View Single Post - Fellow whatevers for further reading of the sandwich unit.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
round of drinks = 1 each person in the round, same with sarnies, althoguh i suppose you could be greedy and get 2 drinks per person in one round but thats not normal (only happens about 10.55 pm before the bar shuts)

round = one per person, sandwich or beer toast etc

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
You can't have a sandwich with 1 piece of bread.
A sandwich is at least 2 pieces of bread.

And an "open" sandwich is NOT a sandwich!

what about when you fold it in half, i usually do that with if i am cooking something but a bit peckish, so i just get a slice of bread, butter it then put some filling in then fold it in half.....

Draylor

Part of the furniture
So yeah Russell, welcome to FH - where all threads are guaranteed to be sidetracked into the same old complete nonsense regardless of the subject they start on :D

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
what about when you fold it in half, i usually do that with if i am cooking something but a bit peckish, so i just get a slice of bread, butter it then put some filling in then fold it in half.....

Exactly, thus making a 1 round sandwich.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
No thats HALF a sandwhich if you have 1 piece of bread cut it in half with a filling.

russell

FH is my second home
So yeah Russell, welcome to FH - where all threads are guaranteed to be sidetracked into the same old complete nonsense regardless of the subject they start on :D
Cheers Draylor
WTF???!!!!:confused:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Cheers Draylor

Don't worry - so long as you realise that it's brown sauce for sausages, ketchup with bacon, and the loo roll goes over, not under, we can accept a few minor 'foibles' :D

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
Don't worry - so long as you realise that it's brown sauce for sausages, ketchup with bacon, and the loo roll goes over, not under, we can accept a few minor 'foibles' :D

But then the question is, what sauce is it when you get a sausage bacon soda* for breakfast?

*substitute soda for a bap, if your confused about "soda" look up the wikipedia entry here

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
But then the question is, what sauce is it when you get a sausage bacon soda* for breakfast?

*substitute soda for a bap, if your confused about "soda" look up the wikipedia entry here

Egg yolk.

tris-

No thats HALF a sandwhich if you have 1 piece of bread cut it in half with a filling.

according to wikipedia a sandwich can also be made with a bun. a bun is 1 object.
so it follows to me you can use one piece of bread cut in half to make a sandwich unit.

Malecheon

Fledgling Freddie
OMG, I post one pic in an attempt to bring a little humour and wind Trem up at the same time, and all of a sudden we're trapped in the thread time forgot arguing about fucking sandwiches again :eek:

Sorry Russell :(

Somebody get Wij/Clown/Bodhi in this thread as a distraction, otherwise in a minute, a plane will land safely on a conveyor belt somewhere...

tris-

a plane will land safely on a conveyor belt somewhere...

thats one fucking conundrum right there.

youre sat in the toilet on a plane. trying to take off a conveyor belt. the bog roll is under. youve got a sandwich unit of bacon with 3 slices of bread and the wrong sauce. out the window there is a group of birds trying to steal a luggage buggy.

bearing all that in mind, does the plane even exist :Eek:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Cheers Draylor

Basically in any thread that you ask a question it will generally be answered but then will go off on a tangent where the residents talk bollox until someone gets slapped by a mod or it dies.

Loo paper over for me, folded not scrunched. Oh and I love marmite.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Has anyone considered including a conveyer belt, an airplane engine and some wings into the equation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom