fellow fatties...i require your advice

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
jason.jpg

owns mr bond :p

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Infact, lets really queer things up, and just for Tris-

Tom-Selleck--C10111326.jpeg

nath

Fledgling Freddie
All this thread needs now is some german techno and we're all set :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Yep, in his day. Nowadays he wouldn't turn birds heads.

Some people must have really fucked up self esteem if they'd rather spend 20 hours a week in a gym trying to look like Daniel Craig (who looks like he's been stung by far too many wasps) in an effort to "feel better about themselves" than spend the time developing a wider circle of friends - which really will make you feel better - and make you laugh too :)

tris-

what kind of idiot spends 20 hours a week in the gym? not only is it unhealthy but its probably bordering on some kind of health problem.

2.5-3 hours on weights, 40-80 mins cardio in a week. thats for me anyway, not exactly a massive amount of the time considering i enjoy it and the euphoria after each session is similar to that of smoking pot.

old.user4556

I agree with tris-

I do three times a week, weights in my house after work, for about an hour each time. It's enough to stayed toned, keep the bulk and stop the fat.

Quality over quantity imo anyway.

tris-

maybe were derailing and going slightly homosexual now, but do you have a routine or just pump random shit?

old.user4556

I will usually do arms/shoulders specifically on day 1 (bicep curls, sitting shoulder presses), maybe primarily back/chest on day 2 with some more bicep curls, maybe do ab crunches/neck/core on day 3.

Just totally depends, if i'm feeling shit and tired that week then maybe cut to two sessions; plus i'll mix up the routine to keep the body guessing. All free weights and body weight, no machines.

tris-

well cool if it works, it works. a little tip though - the most effective way is to exercise push muscles and pull muscles on different days.

pull being biceps and back, push being chest/triceps/shoulders. and by neck do you mean the traps? if so thats best in the pull day too.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Being English, I tend to enjoy going down to the pub far more than going to the gym, so it was very unnatural for me. I just had to convince myself that I loved it, which was the most difficult thing about playing this part. Working out is incredibly boring. I swear its true that the bigger your muscles get, the fewer brain cells you have. I found I had to stop thinking when I was in the gym because if I thought about it, I'd realize how ridiculous it was that I was pumping iron when I could've been out having a drink and a cigarette and enjoying some lunch. I

Wise words from Christian Bale there talking about beefing up for American Psycho.

tris-

whats wise about them?

he forced him self to do something he didnt want to do for a start.

lifting weights isnt boring for everyone, and if it is, maybe they need a new hobby.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
whats wise about them?

he forced him self to do something he didnt want to do for a start.

lifting weights isnt boring for everyone, and if it is, maybe they need a new hobby.

Forcing yourself to do something you don't want to do is part of life, and since he was getting paid the usual actors' shitload of cash for doing it, I'd say he was being fairly "wise".

Fact is the gym is boring for most people (why do you think 3/4 of the people in the gym are staring at the telly or nodding along to their iPods?), they do it in spite of that because its the gym or the lardbelly. And before you say "do something else", I find running and swimming boring as well. Cycling is tolerable, but like a lot of people, I don't get any endorphin rush from exercise (even when I used to be really fit at Uni, I still didn't get it), so its always work.

tris-

im still not sure how his words are wise. hes basically saying the whole lifting weights thing is bullshit and you should be out at the pub instead.

the gym is a hobby for me, if it went to shit id stop going, theres my wise words. thats just how i see it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
im still not sure how his words are wise. hes basically saying the whole lifting weights thing is bullshit and you should be out at the pub instead.

the gym is a hobby for me, if it went to shit id stop going, theres my wise words. thats just how i see it.

I think he just articulated what most of us feel; he didn't say you should be in the pub instead, he said he'd rather be in the pub; which is a wee bit different. For you the gym is a hobby, for the majority the gym is work.

Gamah

Banned
Meh Im 14stone 2lb, I eat crisps at lunch, sit on my fat arse in the evening and eat choccies. I was 15 stone 6lb 6 months ago..

How did I manage this amazing feat?

Gym 3 times a week and a 5 (total 10) mile ride to and from work, diet is over rated. Yes you should eat a balanced diet, and I have a salad for lunch most days and a meat in the evening.

At the Gym I follow a simple program

10 min on the bike
25 min on the corss trainer
some weights
2k on the rower
some more weights
10-15 min walking/running on tredmill

My warm up and warm down are the ride home, even though I have to go up a massive fucking hill that still kills me even after 6 months of doing it lol.

As tris- said if Kcals in < Kcals out then weight-

I eat about 2500-3000 a day but burn 3500-4000!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I agree with tris-

I do three times a week, weights in my house after work, for about an hour each time. It's enough to stayed toned, keep the bulk and stop the fat.

Quality over quantity imo anyway.

Can you explain to me what 'toned' is please?

P.s - People who do cycling for their leg exercise, god help you :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom