Fav Quotes

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
"The Derby players have seen more of his balls than the one they're meant to be playing with" - On a streaker who once interrupted a Derby County-Manchester United match.
:clap:

Bracken said:
I reckon in years to come we'll be quoting Jose Mourinho in the same way :D

nope. i reckon in years to come we'll still be calling him a chelsea twat

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i love the bit at end of "from dusk till dawn" where the guy comes in at end of battle and it goes something like this...
guy: Oh man what the fuck were those? psychos??
george clooney: No they were vampires.... psychos dont explode when sun light hits them no matter how crazy they are!

theres just something about that line that shows finesse.

fave pratchett quotes... read "night watch" the whole book is a favourite quote tbh.

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
"There was something about the buildings design, the tall cylinder shape standing errect, thrusting towards the sky, the large domed top and the odd shade of pink that seemed to remind him of something, but he coldn't quite put his finger on it..... well, not in public anyway." - LOBO (DC comics).
-------------------
"Ever hear of the Nirobian Bird?"
"No."
"I can do a thousand pelvic thrusts a second..."
"So?"
"Thats me, in slow mode. Stick a hammer-head drill on the end, and I can make it through walls, boy!"
-------------------
"Ah officer, can I offer you some whistling comdoms?"
"WHAT!"
"Dr Lewises whistling comdoms, comes in seven different tunes, and so can you!" - Whoopse Apocolypse (Only disaster film to end the world with a laugh!)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
nakkiel said:
nope. i reckon in years to come we'll still be calling him a chelsea twat

Why does it seem to be mainly Man U fans that don't like him? All the neutrals I know think the bloke is class. Maybe it's because a Chelsea reject dumped you out of the European Cup? :D

Orenthal

Can't get enough of FH
Tsabo said:
RIMMER: Erm, I think we're all beginning to lose sight of the real issue
here, which is: what are we going to call ourselves? Erm, and I think
it comes down to a choice between "The League Against Salivating
Monsters" or, my own personal preference, which is "The Committee for
the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their
Rehabilitation Into Society." Erm, one drawback with that -- the
abbreviation is "CLITORIS."

red dwarf r0x :>

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Why does it seem to be mainly Man U fans that don't like him? All the neutrals I know think the bloke is class. Maybe it's because a Chelsea reject dumped you out of the European Cup? :D

no. A better team over the 2 legs dumped us out of the European Cup.

i doubt its mainly Man U fans that dislike him either. you go ask peoples opinions of him round highbury or anfield on a saturday afternoon.

he's hated for being such an arrogant twat, always mouthing off about rival clubs. All the people you know that think he's class are probably fans of the shitty smaller clubs that never have to listen to him moan about their team because they aren't a serious threat to the bigger clubs

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
nakkiel said:
he's hated for being such an arrogant twat

Man U fan whining about him being arrogant? Now THAT'S a priceless quote :cheers:

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Man U fan whining about him being arrogant? Now THAT'S a priceless quote :cheers:

how so?

and it wasn't a whine i was explaining the reasons for me disliking him so much

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
"Everything has been thought of before. The difficulty is to think of it again".

- Goethe

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Quote or not- Think I saw it on FH before...Made me giggle, and some friends did need an explanation why ;)

There are 10 kinds of people - those that read binary and those who don't

Or something like that :drink:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
nakkiel said:
how so?

and it wasn't a whine i was explaining the reasons for me disliking him so much

Whether you regard your "explanation" as a whine or not, Man U fans disliking someone for being arrogant is ironic to say the least - it's the main reason Man U are hated so much... the arrogance of the club and the fans. ;)

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
I actually quite like Jose Mourinho, but I'm not Manchester fan either.

I'm neutral concerning english football.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Roken said:
and 2 more churchill quotes
Lady Nancy Astor: Winston, if you were my husband, I'd put arsenic in your morning coffee.
Churchill: Madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it.

Bessie Braddock: Winston, you are drunk!
Churchill: And Madam, you are ugly. And tomorrow, I'll be sober, and you will still be ugly.

those are great! :D

my favorite quotes are from family guy:

Brian: it'll be just like babysitting. only with bigger diapers.
Stewie: AHA! so they do make bigger diapers. that deceitful woman told me I'd have to learn to use the toilet. fie on the toilet! it's made slaves of you all. i've seen it sitting there, lazy slothful porcelain layabout feeding on other people's doo-doo's while contributing nothing of its own to society! YOU'LL GET A JOB!

Peter: Brian, there's a message in my Alpha Bits. It says 'OOO'!
Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios

Stewie: Oh gosh, that's funny. That's really fun do...do you right your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. You are the Weakest Link, Goodbye. You know, I've...I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Hmm. You're the first. I've never heard anyone reference..reference that outside the program before. Because that's..that's what she says on the show, right, isn't it? You are the Weakest Link, Goodbye. And...and...and yet you've taken that, and...and used it out of context to insult me in this everyday situation. God! What a clever, smart girl you must be, to come up with...with a joke like that all by yourself. Hmm. That's so fresh too. Any...any Titanic jokes you want to throw at me as long as we'’re hitting these phenomenon at the height of their popularity, hmm? Because...because I'm here. God you are SO FUNNY.

Stewie: well I'd love to stay and chat but you're a total bitch.

cog

Can't get enough of FH
'Are you absolutely sure you want to go to red alert sir? It does mean changing the light bulb...'

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Whether you regard your "explanation" as a whine or not, Man U fans disliking someone for being arrogant is ironic to say the least - it's the main reason Man U are hated so much... the arrogance of the club and the fans. ;)

oh yeah i forgot you mentioned how arrogant i was when you met me for a pint :wanker:

*edit: not gettin into another football argument

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
ok i will.

I always thought united were hated for the same reason liverpool were back in the 70's. Jealousy of the success.
The seasons in recent times we lost to arsenal, fergie always came out and said congratulations to team and manager and that they had been the better team. Hardly what you'd call arrogant. I somehow doubt mourinho fuckhead would be so forthcoming if chelsea threw the premiership away.

And how any neutral can stand round wanking off over chelsea and their manager is beyond me. Throw that much money at city and even they'd be a top 3 team

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
"Spice up football, and how would you do that exactly? Play on a field with randomly placed mines perhaps? Give the ref a gun and let him shoot a player instead of booking them maybe? What about giving them swords and axes, and let them hack at each other during the game. Maybe random mortar fire throughout injury time, get the players motivated. These ideas to you liking?"

-My Uncle when asked "why is football so boring?"

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Blackadder quote (One of my favourites).

"Always treat you kite, like you treat your woman."
"You mean, give her flowers and chocolates and take her to see you mother on weekends, sir?"
"NO! I mean get insider her four times a day, and take her to heaven and back! Woof!"

-Blackadder goes forth.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
nakkiel said:
ok i will.

I always thought united were hated for the same reason liverpool were back in the 70's. Jealousy of the success.

Good :D

The hatred of Man U is nothing to do with jealousy - that's just the best Ferguson could come up with as a reason.

No, it's the attitude of the club and the fans...which I'll come to.

Arsenal (who have been just as successful in recent years) are generally admired because of the way they play football - when playing well they are great to watch, and Wenger generally conducts himself well, apart from when he is whinging or when he "didn't see it".

Mourinho is liked because he is bloody funny - and his arrogance is "Cloughesque" - he has a spirit about him which says I don't give a fuck what you think about me and in case you didn't know I'm bloody good.

Which brings us to Man U...and there it's a toss up where to begin. The players who act how they want (great example against Palace - the ref sends off a Palace player and because they didn't win the players still surround him at the end of the game), the manager who taps up players from other clubs with impunity (Yorke, Stam, Van Nistlerooy to name a few), the fact that many refs favour them (not the clubs fault but still...) and of course the fans who a) generally live 200 miles+ from Old Trafford, b) lack both humour and humility (yeah it's a sweeping generalisation, but hey, it's a football argument ;)) c) only sing when they're winning (too busy choking on their prawn sandwiches I guess) and d) are the first to come gloating when they win and are equally as quick to vanish when they lose. Besides, apart from the Bluenoses, there are always more rucks at Villa Park when the Mancs are playing than any other team. So most neutrals just don't like them. Only one I like at Man U is Keane - he says it how it is.

Anyways I'm sure you're a decent bloke, and you might actually be supporting your local team, but I can't let the chance of a bit of Man U baiting go by... :drink:

This off-topic thread has been comprehensively taken off-topic I think :D

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Good :D

The hatred of Man U is nothing to do with jealousy - that's just the best Ferguson could come up with as a reason.

i don't ever recall ferguson complaining about jealousy from other teams/fans, so false.

Bracken said:
Arsenal (who have been just as successful in recent years) are generally admired because of the way they play football - when playing well they are great to watch, and Wenger generally conducts himself well, apart from when he is whinging or when he "didn't see it".

Arsenal have yet to win back to back titles and their consistently bad form in europe means they will only ever be remembered as a good team of the 90's/millenium, never a great team.
The 2nd part of that quote displays the typical blinkered vision of all the united haters. Arsenal have to be the worst team for playacting/diving/cheating call it what you will, and have a shocking disciplinary recor under wenger. Yet when a few united players complain to the ref, as players from all teams do every season, its splashed across all the papers and its united's fault that schoolboys are carrying on in the same fashion when they play.

Bracken said:
Which brings us to Man U...and there it's a toss up where to begin. The players who act how they want (great example against Palace - the ref sends off a Palace player and because they didn't win the players still surround him at the end of the game),

Again, go to any football ground on a saturday and you'll see the same thing. I'm not defending it, but one rule for one....

Bracken said:
the manager who taps up players from other clubs with impunity (Yorke, Stam, Van Nistlerooy to name a few), the fact that many refs favour them (not the clubs fault but still...) and of course the fans who a) generally live 200 miles+ from Old Trafford, b) lack both humour and humility (yeah it's a sweeping generalisation, but hey, it's a football argument

Did you get all that from the daily star?
i know every ref has a united badge tattood on his back, but surely thats the ref you should be hating?
I'd love for you to come stand in the stretford end in your nice claret and blue bobble hat and ask "Alroight mayte, so ow many of yoos are rreally from manchester then?" somehow doubt it would be prawn sandwiches you'd be dodging

Bracken said:
c) only sing when they're winning (too busy choking on their prawn sandwiches I guess) and d) are the first to come gloating when they win and are equally as quick to vanish when they lose.

Yes it lacks atmosphere on a tuesday night when we're playin rochdale in a replay, but Old trafford on a european night is as loud as any ground in this country. Compalcency has crept in with some fans i'll admit, and its expected that we'll beat the likes of palace ( :mad: ) so not everyone is so vocal for these smaller games.
That, coupled with an all seater stadium and over-zealous stewards towards anyone standing means the atmosphere has suffered. Fans have had season tickets revoked for refusing to sit when they wanted to stand and sing their team along. No united fan is happy about the atmosphere but theres a limit to what can be done.

Bracken said:
Besides, apart from the Bluenoses, there are always more rucks at Villa Park when the Mancs are playing than any other team. .

Funny, villa park is always regarded as a holiday ground to travel to for us

Bracken said:
Mourinho is liked because he is bloody funny - and his arrogance is "Cloughesque" - he has a spirit about him
which says I don't give a fuck what you think about me and in case you didn't know I'm bloody good. .

Bracken said:
Anyways I'm sure you're a decent bloke, and you might actually be supporting your local team, but I can't let the chance of a bit of Man U baiting go by... :drink: .

likewise, am sure you're alright aswell for a brummie :cheers: we just have different oppinions of mourinho. I dislike him, and judging from the stuff above you'd like to suck his cock

soze

I am a FH squatter
nakkiel said:
ok i will.
The seasons in recent times we lost to arsenal, fergie always came out and said congratulations to team and manager and that they had been the better team.

That aint true when arsenal win anything Fergie come out and says Well Champs Leauge is the only trophey that makes a team great or To be a good team you need to retain the title.

But tbh i dont want Wenger kissing any ones arse give them shit i say just makes everything more fun.

Also any Mank fan claiming arsenal are the worst team in the leauge for playacting remember how you beat us mate your £30mil wonder kid took a blatant dive. And since then even though i hate to see it arsenal have been falling over abit more but when you lose the 50th game in a unbeaten run not to skill but to cheats it probable stops the players caring about playing fair.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No offense to brits in any way, but you're the only f*cking nation that can turn a quote thread into a soccer thread.

soze

I am a FH squatter
old.Tohtori said:
No offense to brits in any way, but you're the only f*cking nation that can turn a quote thread into a soccer thread.

Its football and lets not go there

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:

Good ain't it :D

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
nakkiel said:
i don't ever recall ferguson complaining about jealousy from other teams/fans, so false.

Selective memory ?

nakkiel said:
Arsenal have yet to win back to back titles and their consistently bad form in europe means they will only ever be remembered as a good team of the 90's/millenium, never a great team.

Aye because going unbeaten for 49 Prem games wasn't much of an achievement. I take nothing away from the Man U treble winning team - but in not acknowleding an other team's achievement you've helped demonstrate my point... ;)

nakkiel said:
The 2nd part of that quote displays the typical blinkered vision of all the united haters. Arsenal have to be the worst team for playacting/diving/cheating call it what you will, and have a shocking disciplinary recor under wenger. Yet when a few united players complain to the ref, as players from all teams do every season, its splashed across all the papers and its united's fault that schoolboys are carrying on in the same fashion when they play.

Pires et al can be twats for diving no doubt, and I know all teams at times act badly, but Man U are the past masters at surrounding the ref and generally being obnoxious. It's just they seem to do it with impunity that gets everyone's goat. How Poll never sent Rooney off I'll never know - if it had been Frodo Hendrie gobbing off like that he'd have sent him straight off.

nakkiel said:
Did you get all that from the daily star?
i know every ref has a united badge tattood on his back, but surely thats the ref you should be hating?.

Never read the star in my life. I just look at the likes of Mike Riley...and yeah it's the ref who makes the decisions but it just adds fuel to the fire.

nakkiel said:
I'd love for you to come stand in the stretford end in your nice claret and blue bobble hat and ask "Alroight mayte, so ow many of yoos are rreally from manchester then?" somehow doubt it would be prawn sandwiches you'd be dodging?

My hat ain't got a bobble on it - they don't seem to do them these days :(

nakkiel said:
Yes it lacks atmosphere on a tuesday night when we're playin rochdale in a replay, but Old trafford on a european night is as loud as any ground in this country. Compalcency has crept in with some fans i'll admit, and its expected that we'll beat the likes of palace so not everyone is so vocal for these smaller games.
That, coupled with an all seater stadium and over-zealous stewards towards anyone standing means the atmosphere has suffered. Fans have had season tickets revoked for refusing to sit when they wanted to stand and sing their team along. No united fan is happy about the atmosphere but theres a limit to what can be done.?.

A welcome admission :fluffle:

nakkiel said:
Funny, villa park is always regarded as a holiday ground to travel to for us?

Well your lot always win there so you should enjoy it...no the thing that fucks us all off there is that you can guarantee Man U fans get in to our end. Yeah you always have a few that get in, but against Man U it's 10 times worse - and where as other fans who do it generally use common sense and avoid trouble, your lot seem to revel in starting. Might not be genuine fans but still...

nakkiel said:
likewise, am sure you're alright aswell for a brummie we just have different oppinions of mourinho. I dislike him, and judging from the stuff above you'd like to suck his cock

Owww you bitch... :twak:

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Government is to life, what pantyhose are to sex. -P.J. O'Rourke

The act of writing itself is done in secret, like masturbation. -Stephen King

Lethul

FH is my second home
FBK-Webanpassad-22.gif

thought id throw in a real sport for you soccer fags :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yeah cos prancing around on ice skate hugging each other is a real sport pfft ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom