fao zoyster n outlaw

A

Asha

200/3 or more if ppl move to more daring zones is a hell of alot better than 150 in Emain - that is my only point.

There still won't be enough enemies for the Albions though. There is no point going to HW when there is nothing to fight there but some soloers. The people who want fg fights tho could try to arrange it like Zor tried and Lac is trying today. Problem in the past is that high RR hibs and mids actually LIKE to farm the Alb zerg and only seem to mind when high RR Albs join in the zerg so they don't usually seem eager to come fight fgs of similar RR.

O

old.Zoyster

I just want to know....Does anyone like big battles ?

Coz I for one love em (bugger-off abFab Fluid).

High RR / Low RR, yadda yadda.......sounds to me like you guys want a Labratory controlled fights. Forget it.

O

old.Filip

if there arent anything at all about skill in this game how come FC/BF/AD are 3-4 times as hard as HB when fielding a FG with the same setup? There most atleast be a little bit of skilled involved imo

As long as HB stay the way it is.... casual (3 to 22 online in evening's) allowing friar's etc to get group.. Low RR's becuase of to many char's .. then we will be easy pray..

which other guild got an Alt guild for pve only ? (HB bootcamp)
allso i cant remember ever beening in an allout HB group with the perfect setup...

But the resaon why DAOC can't be use as a competetative game is not based on my experince's with HB.

there ofcause a certain skill lvl required..... but the skill lvl to play daoc on the higest lvl is LOW compared to real competetative games..

imagine a fg vs fg figth as a 1v1 duell... in most 1v1 duells you would be able to determine the out come if you got all the data..

class's//spec//gear//buff's//RR's ... the same count's when the duell is 8v8...

Just a simple thing as which group got the best BB's means a lot..

im in this disqussion not trying to say this realm is better than this or so ...

in fact every1 is ignoring what i startet this with ....

imagine to have an APM rate around 400 in a 15 min long game....
and if there is any old ex pro RTS gamers out there .. try out your old games and see how DAOC drains out your quickness :)

O

old.Zoyster

Originally posted by Asha
Problem in the past is that high RR hibs and mids actually LIKE to farm the Alb zerg and only seem to mind when high RR Albs join in the zerg so they don't usually seem eager to come fight fgs of similar RR.

haha, omg, I have learnt something today. It's all hitting me now...... I'm not gonna say anymore, don't wanna hurt too many Ego's.

A

Asha

Originally posted by old.Zoyster

High RR / Low RR, yadda yadda.......sounds to me like you guys want a Labratory controlled fights. Forget it.

Ofc you do zoy, you're a wiz. It's perfectly normal for you to like big battles. I like big battles when it's sorta even numbers, but that is rare. I really like big battles where you have sorta even numbers from all three realms, but you don't get them that often.

Dunno what you mean about egos, all I meant was high RR hibs/mids don't mind when Albs zerg so long as it's farmable low RR albs. They only complain if GoL/HB join in and they can't farm so easily.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by old.Zoyster

i'll bugger off when u run 1fg :p

Big fights can be fun when the numbers are even, but how often will it be even when theres around double the amount of albs in emain than mids/hibs?

S

sorusi

Originally posted by old.Filip
GGAhhhhh....

so many ppl play this game with wrong preference's...

this game can never and will never qualify as a competetative game........

so many ppl come here from games like Diablo or CS and belive that doac is much skill base'ed ... there is much to learn for those young padwen's

in the old RTS game Starcraft/Broodwar the best of the pro-gamers have a "actions pr minute" from 350-450....(not including those who play protoss)

i would guess most daoc class's get fully use'ed at 70-80 APM (in figths ... and i bet some class's are down to 50-60 APM)

and dont come here claiming hiding behind a tree count's toward "skillness"

there is no "fair" figth's .....

NO... there is not !!..

NO !

just forget it!!..

when you have erased that thought of your mind.... then logg on ... find some fun ... play a MMORPG ... DAOC....

if you want a balanced skill based game ... then find some RTS or FSP game....

how can you know, all you ever do is zerg :p you have never played or even tried to plya daoc in "competetive mode"

S

sorusi

As long as HB stay the way it is.... casual (3 to 22 online in evening's) allowing friar's etc to get group.. Low RR's becuase of to many char's .. then we will be easy pray..

which other guild got an Alt guild for pve only ? (HB bootcamp)
allso i cant remember ever beening in an allout HB group with the perfect setup...

But the resaon why DAOC can't be use as a competetative game is not based on my experince's with HB.

there ofcause a certain skill lvl required..... but the skill lvl to play daoc on the higest lvl is LOW compared to real competetative games..

imagine a fg vs fg figth as a 1v1 duell... in most 1v1 duells you would be able to determine the out come if you got all the data..

class's//spec//gear//buff's//RR's ... the same count's when the duell is 8v8...

Just a simple thing as which group got the best BB's means a lot..

im in this disqussion not trying to say this realm is better than this or so ...

in fact every1 is ignoring what i startet this with ....

imagine to have an APM rate around 400 in a 15 min long game....
and if there is any old ex pro RTS gamers out there .. try out your old games and see how DAOC drains out your quickness :)

1on1 is FAR from grp vs grp, 1on1 is alot luck involved, miss rate blala alot of random factors, same in grp vs grp too, but the teamplay usually makes up for it so usually never luck determins who wins fg vs fg :p

A

Ahqmae

Filip alot of the good rts players have high APM, but here's a funny fact for you:

It doesn't show shit. It's a useless number. It's cack. Disregard it.

S13-Zealot, for instance, had around 100 apm. I can name heaps of madclickers he _raped_ time and time again.

DAoC only slows you as much as you let it. You'll find that even though the margin isn't very wide, you'll find some people doing better with the same setup than others.

Stop referring to APM as anything usefull.

And no, HB wouldn't be competitive even if they put up a squad of perfectly working classes.

B

brommix

Skyrie!! arent you that caster i PAed back in the days, when you still stayed stealthed being an assasin? i think i killed you 6times in hib relic keep!! means im 6times more skilled than you :)

O

old.Filip

S13-Zealot, for instance, had around 100 apm.

thats why i excluded protoss players..

i can hear you have a low APM.. Ahqmae

so usually never luck determins who wins fg vs fg

where did i mention luck

O

old.Filip

now i remember you .... you was anon SC'er back in the old days ..

and you keep PM'ing me if you get the chance to nuke me ...

sry i cant value a guy who was noob back then and now think he is king ...

A

Ahqmae

Yep, random SC gamer - that was me. You played SC too, I believe. But why is our mutual history as random SCers worth mentioning?

S13-Zealot was a zerg player! Not until very late did he switch to random. I played Protoss - my APM is also around 100. A classic example of why APM is a USELESS way of measuring would be... Daewon. I believe you would know who that is... for people with an APM of 450, how many of these mouseclicks and such do you think are worthwhile?

I have never pm'ed you, it's the other way around. I just keep pointing out how shitty your resists are every time i nuke you. Ain't my problem, take it as a helping hand or smth.

You still haven't shown how it's a usefull mean for determining skill.

"sry i cant value a guy who was noob back then and now think he is king ..."

Haha, pathetic :) I'd say Brommix' reply beats the usefullness of yours quite alot.

Now Brommix as for yours - mages are a natural target for assassins, and thus hardly anything to put up against each other. I'm talking about a FG of HB compared to an FG of ie. BF - containing the same classes. Nothing people can't be trained up to do - but ain't it skill then ?

O

old.Lethul

APM

APM sounds great. That would mean that i as a savage with a swingspeed of 1.5s and selfbuffs that i regulary use is much more skilled than an arsman wielding a 5.5 polearm and frontloaded. yey xD

F

Freppe^^

god, stop posting imo, since your doing it mostly for post count! BW WILL DIE NOoooOO

O

old.Filip

I have never pm'ed you, it's the other way around.

you did on b.net ... and got you friends to pm me as well ...

and if apm means nothing why does every pro-gamer use it then ..

you can get a good apm and play like shit ... but it is very very rarely the other way around ...

E

excs

Anyone seen Stighelmer lately ? I kinda miss him =/

A

Ahqmae

Actually you're right. I know I pm'ed you to get to know a friend of mines name on bnet since you might know it, and afaik you did.

"and if apm means nothing why does every pro-gamer use it then .."

I have really got no idea why they use it, it's a worthless number, and its easily inflatable. Find me UAPM - Usefull Actions Per Minute, and you'll have something to go by.

"but it is very very rarely the other way around ..."

I've tried an APM prog on many good war3 players. It's really not that many who resort to this spastic overclicking.

A

Asha

Originally posted by excs
Anyone seen Stighelmer lately ? I kinda miss him =/

he was in emain last night lfg but we already had our quota of polearms...

F

Freppe^^

lotsa off topic talk in here now atm! stick to topic!

A

Arnor

Originally posted by old.Lethul
APM sounds great. That would mean that i as a savage with a swingspeed of 1.5s and selfbuffs that i regulary use is much more skilled than an arsman wielding a 5.5 polearm and frontloaded. yey xD

see?!?!

savage>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>armsman when it comes to skill!

like skyrie says filip, apm is BULLSHIT, its even less useful then using artificial benchmark programs to measure your comps performance (for a gamer). who cares if his comp can do 137255235 flip-flops a nanosecond as long as his fps in q3 is crap?
I always measure my comp in terms of what performance I get in the games I use it to play. I dont care about how many thousand 3dmarks I get or how long my ssisoft penis is.

anywhoo, if your gonna measure player skill in a rts for instance, the only reliable way (that i can see atleast) would be to let them fight eachother, 10 times each or sumt to get rid of the luck factor.

and you still havent answered (that i can see) how a similar set up fg HB can be fodder while BF are a royal pain in the ass if there is no skill in daoc?

There is skill in daoc, not just the same/as much as some games.

M

Melachi-

Organisation, Team-work, Experience and luck are the 'skills' of this game. Cba to explain each of them thoroughly so heres a quick explanation.

Organisation: Organising a group with the most experienced, good listening players. And mainly picking people who are aware what is going on around them, most of the lower level of rvr players are people who just lack awareness, like a sort of game apathy, this isnt a bad thing because its just a game to have fun in not to work in, but for good groups its a must. You can see players who are very aware, for example Faderullan on pryd, he plays so aggresively and is never doing nothing, then you get random healers who will stand there in a fight and like they are in a daze. :S was meant to be short heh

Team-work: This has the bigest impact imo. Assisting is easy to do, but most are still far from perfect at it, this again requires awareness, and coordination.

Experience: Again big impact, know who to go for first in what enemy groups.

Luck: Can have huge impact can have tiny imapct, its totally random. For example, imagine the heal you just cast on the dieng cleric, it crits! you send him back to full health. Or the shammy running from the MA train, manages to cast an ae disease or pbae disease on the tank train, they all resist....

Imo, solo players are the ones who rely on the least ammount of daoc 'skills'. Solo is really down to putting odds in your favour, picking the best race, having a mota3 red spec buffs buffbot, having a great SC suit with all those sidi/tg/galla items, and having the best spec.

Group play requires the most daoc 'skills'. But it still isnt very 'skillfull'.

D

dawn-

just wanna say that these zergs give you your rps so i dont see any reason to whine about tbh

A

Arnor

Originally posted by dawn-
just wanna say that these zergs give you your rps so i dont see any reason to whine about tbh

what if I primarily want a good fight, not rps4tehwin?

I

iluvatur

Mythic advertised this as being able to give you massive battles.

the best battles i've ever been in have been 10fgs + 10fgs.

although i enjoy group versus group.. if i could guarantee a zerg versus equal size zerg everytime.. i would.

your playing the wrong game.

i'm glad GoL zerg you. Might make you realise what this game is all about ( i doubt it ) and P.S it's not realm points! its about keeps and relics and the honour of defending your realm. Maybe people value these things more than your realm points? which is probably why you get people saying 'qq' because thats exactly what they should be saying.

you get frustrated when you realise that all your time and effort that you put in to your char and group (that you levelled through a false treadmill) means little when you come against greater numbers. good. you might realise that this game needs more. more reason to rvr, more reason to be bothered about dieing. more to lose and more to gain. not just 'dust yourself off and try again'.

However, rvr is about realm points, and it sucks :(

R

Rg.Roller

:sleeping: limited skill game

60% RA's
40% skill anyways

Users who are viewing this thread