FAO: Wiliam from Guardians of Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Oh noes, someone died and felt the need to report them.

Rather low imo.

And those who wants him banned cause he's adding?

Even more sad.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
But, why Mythic hasnt done anything about it by now in the code is abit strange though. It cant be that hard to just insert a timer on consecutive emotes within a timeframe. (it might be abit of a pussle to make that timer effective etc but hey if homecoders could do it in the old MUDgames then I dont see why payd programmers cant do it in Daoc)
`

Because you cant have luwi sex anymore, thats why!

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Tuthmes said:
I'm not assuming anything, just giving an example of what could have happend. For all we know, the time between those emote's could have bin 30s.
Hence GoA looks at the server side logs and judges from that point of view.
Tuthmes said:
Apperently you do judge in this case, cause if you dont report someone for it, nothing happends. Get it?

Which is excactly the point. We just need to follow that logic through:
It was William that judged. If he hadn't emote spammed someone, nothing happends. Get it?

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
It was William that judged. If he hadn't emote spammed someone, nothing happends. Get it?

William didnt judge, William acted. Dwera reports it. GoA judges. Get it?

Foo

Fledgling Freddie
shadowdweller/bog said:
Are you a bit retarded? He's reporting because of emote spam not dying you tit.

Only reason he reporting him cause he got outskilled and beaten HARD. Thats why he made a post here , to try make himself look big. Now if william exploited and killed him then yes report fine , but doing it cause he got his ass handed to him (by a scout to) and emoted him and out of shear bitterness, he crys and reports it.

Get out of Dwera brown eye and back to your hole little boy.:wanker:

I know when im out in rvr now all im gonna do when i see 1on1s (instead of leaving em and moveing on) is debuff and strip em of buffs then emote spam em 4times. especially all you little boys in this thread.:flame: :flame:

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
You really should be a bit more polite to your friends Tuthmes.

What you are saying here is, that he is too stupid to know what he is doing. Really rude by you. :)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
So now you're assuming that William is my friend? :fluffle:

And where do i state that William is too stupid to know what he whas doin? Mebbe he didnt care to get banned and he just felt like doin it? It's you Azathrim thats doin all the assumption here :|

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Yes I was.
Was it wrong of me? Does it really matter for my argument? :fluffle:

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Tuthmes said:
I'm not assuming anything, just giving an example of what could have happend. For all we know, the time between those emote's could have bin 30s.
Top of the screenie says "You will now release automatically to the nearest boarder keep in 18 more seconds!", then we have 20 emotes and then Dwera was released. Not sure how long 30s is for you, but this is math beyond me... :)

End of the day may or may not have broken a rule. This is up to GOA to pass judgement. If you found someone that you think might be speedhacking, using radar etc, you would report them?

Break a rule, take the punishment.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh, once again Grivne stirrs the hearts of young alblets, hiblets and midlets ;o

All I can say is. I dont care what his motives are...1 less scout = wubwub.

/Dracus

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Gamah said:
lol? Some peoples idiotically (idiocy) really knocks me back sometimes.

Should probably get the word/spelling correct when baiting people like this ;)

On subject, it does look like he reported after getting killed which is a bit sad. Also agree with others that reporting it here after Rightnow is poor. Just says, "Haha, may have beaten me in game but I got ya!"

Anyone who emote spams takes the risk of a ban and they should, by now, know it.

Cmon :england:

How the hell did FIFA let Figo play after the headbutt in the last game! What sort of message does that send out. Alright the guy made a meal of it but still, a headbutt is a headbutt.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:
How the hell did FIFA let Figo play after the headbutt in the last game! What sort of message does that send out. Alright the guy made a meal of it but still, a headbutt is a headbutt.

The Dutch players deserved that headbutt and a lot more! But don't start to find excuses and blaming already the FIFA, for your loss agaisnt us this afternoon :fluffle:

PS: srry for offtopic :p

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
on one hand i'm abit torn at the fact you can get banned for a ingame feature. but on the other had i'm glad you can be banned for being a idiot. if just something similar could be implemented for all the ''get a life''- and ''somebody died in a RvR zone''-comments i'd be a happy camper.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Top of the screenie says "You will now release automatically to the nearest boarder keep in 18 more seconds!", then we have 20 emotes and then Dwera was released. Not sure how long 30s is for you, but this is math beyond me...

Yes, yes i know. Whas merely givin example's, for as we know, we dont know what happend there, besides the emote spam.

End of the day may or may not have broken a rule. This is up to GOA to pass judgement. If you found someone that you think might be speedhacking, using radar etc, you would report them?

Agreed, however i wouldnt say emoting spamming is on the same level as speedhacking, using radar or of that kind (it doesnt give you an edge in rvr nor pve). Nor does anyone know exactly what GoA's policy is on this (flooding, offensive?). Do you report everyone that emote spam's, Caeli?

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Tuthmes said:
LoL :fluffle:

Wasnt that long ago that you did exactly the same Dwera?

yup, i got a 3 day ban when i had come back from my wow break for doing about 8 emotes to a caster. Didnt know better, learnt my leasson, moved on.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Hawkwind said:
Figo play after the headbutt in the last game! What sort of message does that send out. Alright the guy made a meal of it but still, a headbutt is a headbutt.

Wasnt really a headbutt tbh, was just a head"push". Yes it was against the rules and deserves a red card BUT the referee punished him so it was in double jeapordy situation. Fifa cant punish the same player for the same offence twice. If they wanted to change their rules they could have, sure, but then there would have been alot of trouble to sort out (Can think of 3 offences that would get elevated to a red card just of top my head)

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
- English - said:
LOL report him cos you got owned

could tell you the story of the fight if you like ;p

Get popped outside bold, wiliam and jax chases me for like half a zone away.. i kite PA and 3 shot Jax, me beeing on about 30% when i PA. wiliam puts 3 arrows in me and emotespams me. end of story :p

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Septina said:
Getting people banned for emotespamming is beyond retarded imo.
Its even more retarded that GoA actually does ban for it. Emotes are an ingame feature, if they dont want people spamming the emotes put a damn timer on them instead of banning paying customers for 'using' an ingame function.

completely agree
its pathetic that people report it, and that goa actually care

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
GrivneKelmorian said:
Enjoy

sshot0856fz.jpg

Hello,

Thank you for the report. We will investigate the incident using the server side logs, and based on what we find, will take actions to prevent similar incidents in the future.
If you have more information regarding the incident, feel free to update this rightnow report as it may make investigation easier and faster.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Thank you and good night.

omg dwera. didnt know you was a complete fucktard tbh

reporting ppl for emote spamming is silly. allso its silly that goa will EVEN consider banning ppl for it, when as someone said, its a ingame feature,. put a timer on it, or take it off.. what will happen when pets can emote ? will they ban pets.. omfg :(

:wanker: Dwera:wanker:

illu

Part of the furniture
It's all a bit silly really :>

It's all good fun having rivalry, but mass emote spamming is daft knowing that you can get banned after 4+.

I don't think I would report someone for it, unless they continually did it. I actually think it's funny getting emote spammed or the occasional jump on your dead body :>
The only thing I've reported someone before for was an "offensive" character name and someone that was killing people in a place where they could not be killed. Fair Enough.

The only annoying emoters are the ones who kill you usually by steamrolling and they /bow.

I think the emotes are good fun, but obviously they should be used in moderation :>

Oli - Illu

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
I think the emotes are good fun, but obviously they should be used in moderation :>

Oli - Illu

i agree. thats what i learnt from getting my ban. and i think thats what goa tries to tell us aswell.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Septima said:
The Dutch players deserved that headbutt and a lot more! But don't start to find excuses and blaming already the FIFA, for your loss agaisnt us this afternoon

PS: srry for offtopic

Not making any excuse, looking forwartd to watching the game. I'm a realist though and think you'll win. Scolari > Eriksson. England not really played well thus far. They may raise their game, always hope. Should be a a good game :fluffle:

FIFA stated at the beginning of the tornament that they would be reviewing video evidence of foul play and would take action against players caught on camera. The ref was wrong to issue only a yellow card for such an incident. Although the Brazilian didn't deserve his red so fair I guess :)

Seb Blatter quote today regarding post match fight last night:

"I am furious about that and our disciplinary committee will monitor this incident.""We will take some steps towards those who are identified as being the 'provocateurs' of this incident."

Sorry for off topic - stated my thoughts already

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:
Remember, this is not a case of Dwera banning William.

This is a case of William for various reasons breaking the rules in a way that can earn him a ban. GoA is the judge on whetever he broke the rules in a way that warrents a ban and it is their decision if they want to punish William for what he willingly did.
It's like turning someone in for stealing 50 cents worth of candy tho, pointless. Especially coming from someone who's hardly the pinnacle of respectability.

mithridatis :)

Fledgling Freddie
QQ dwera. SOMEONE PAWNED u while u were adding once again and u report him. well done:twak:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest, if someone is abusing emotes just to be an asshole, if reported goa should just disable emotes on that person, as they are obviously not responsible enough to use them normally.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
It's like turning someone in for stealing 50 cents worth of candy tho, pointless. Especially coming from someone who's hardly the pinnacle of respectability.

That's all in the eye of the beholder. You may not find it worth alot, GoA apparently does.

Excactly the same way that I am sure there are people out there - if you look hard enough - that respects you.

Just as there are people that respects Dwera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom